Kanye West - Life of Pablo

How much have you listened to Pablo?
What are your most & least favorite tracks from it?
Criticism?
Praise?

Me:
-Listened to each track around 4 times
- most; FML for the chorus - least; all the tracks with rhianna because i dislike her voice.
-A few of the songs were too religiously charged
-The use of multiple different melodies within the one song was pretty interesting IMO

Only listened to the full thing twice, and that was right when it came out. Uh apparently according to play counts it's 4, but I don't remember that.
Most listened are Famous followed by Pt.2, at 18 and 17 respectively. Least is facts at 3.
It has some good tracks, but as a whole it's kinda eh from what I remember, not as much a fan of the style of it as his other stuff.

A lot of the criticism that was levelled at it was actually stuff that I liked. Stuff like the haphazard, sketchbook / unfinished nature of it ... the broad sampling of and lifting of moods from songs without recontextualising them... the dynamic nature of the constant revisions...

It's just a shame the lyrical content is so poor... Rhyming asshole with asshole is actually great though, I don't know why people hate on those lines. And the Arthur Russell sample doesn't do it for me.

My favourite track for the instrumental is Feedback, best moment of the album is the Sister Nancy drop in Famous. Best song is probably No More Parties in LA.

It isn't a great or fully realised album. It's more like looking at someone's ideas and notes. It works on that level because his ideas are at least bold and fun. But it also means that the misfires are pretty detracting.

Me:
-Listened the whole album about 10-12 times
-Most: Wolves, Saint Pablo, Ultralight and NMPILA. Least: Facts, highlights, famous (but I still like 'em, just not as much)
-The flow of the album isn't very good from track to track
-Amazing opener, amazing ending, some fun tracks, some serious tracks, decent writing to very good. Great production, as always.

-I've listened to the album at least 20 times at this point:
-Favorite tracks are Ultralight Beam, Wolves, and Saint Pablo
-Least favorite track is lowlights
-Criticisms: album lacks substance, with no meaning or bigger message
-Praises: Just an overall fun album with some really good serious songs mixed in
>WHAT IF WE FUCKED RIGHT NOW

Probably 10-15 times in its entirety, haven't touched it in months though

Best songs are Ultralight Beam, Real Friends, FML, No More Parties In LA, version 1.0 of Feedback, and 30 Hours

Worst are Facts, Waves, and Fade. Silver Surfer is a waste of time too but that's nitpicking.

Overall it's bloated as fuck and doesn't do its supposed gospel flavor justice but when it's good it's some of his best work in years.

i've listened to it like 10-15 times now
favorites: father stretch my hands (both parts), famous (kanye's part), highlights, real friends, wolves (sia and vic mensa's parts), facts, fade
least favorites: famous (rihanna's part holy shit her voice is grating and tinny and poorly mixed), low lights, freestyle 4, wolves (kanye's part), 30 hours, no more parties in LA
criticism: he was all over the place with this album, it feels like sometimes he wanted to do sorta gospel type stuff and pseudo-trap stuff at the same time. i understand duality is a theme of the album, but it wasn't a strength at all. some of the songs could have been cut and i wouldn't have missed them. kanye's lyrics ranged from great (famous) to downright awful (wolves). also this shit bugs me to no end but isn't technically a musical flaw - "low lights" is two words, then the song right after "highlights" is one. what the fuck kanye?
praises: the highs are high and the lows sound worse when i'm writing them down for a post than they actually are while listening to it. also you guys are nuts i love facts. very glad he made a new instrumental for it to put it on the album instead of leaving it as a soundcloud thing with the jumpman instrumental.
i'm a huge kanye fanboy, but it's probably his worst or second worst album. low 7/10.

Father stretch my hands would've been a 10/10 track if they took out the bleach line.

I haven't listened to the entire thing since about a week after it dropped, but I remember liking most of the tracks

My only criticism is that the songs were a bit repetitive

Real Friends is one of the few Kanye tracks I really like. There are a few other good tracks on Pablo, but, sadly, it's mostly pretty mediocre.

Love it except for the interlude tracks.

Probably my 3rd favorite Ye album behind MBDTF and Yeezus

I honestly listened to that thing more than i realized. When he made his changes i could point out exactly where each one was. Crazy how this album will slip through your mind unwittingly. You'll play it more than you expect.

And in a way i think it serves its message in that sense. I think it was trying to tie in to 2016 in the way it is ADD and easily digestible (of course with much more under the tracks you don't notice if you don't pay attention). Both easily forgettable and shockingly relevant at the same time.

For example, i think Ultralight Beam's whole thing is a mourning for the loss of meaning (religion or whatever your "meaning" may be) in this world. It's a gospel song, but a catchy synthesized one. A gospel song for the twitter generation that claims to feel "omg so uplifted" by it, but really dont give a fuck because they're hardly felt anything real their whole lives, spending their days in front of the computer and whatnot

fuck seeing this picture and listening to pt 1. really puts shit into perspective... does Pablo really keep getting better?????

how is saint pablo? after the first time he updated it to put frank's track on its own and the choral vocals on fsmh part 1 i never bothered to the next new rip.

first version was fine
the updated one ruins the album
no idea why he added drums on wolves ruined the fucking song
sia vocals suck on it

SILVER SURFER IN THE FLESH

saint pablo is definitely one of the better tracks on the whole project, even in its length

"you a real wavy dude" - max b
WDHMBT?

i agree with you. I was disappointed when it first came out, especially since Real Friends had me so hyped (maybe my favorite song on the album). I then kinda let it fall by the wayside until summertime and realized it was my most played album. It only continues to grow on me. The whole WHICH/ONE thing works very well and also fits the ADD nature of the songs and transitions. The lack of traditional structure keeps the album from getting stale. Saint Pablo is a fantastic track, and only made the album better. Only songs i dont like too too much (though they are still good) are NMPILA and Fade. It was amazing live as well.

haha yeah! Those two and Famous are prolly my least liked too

I have listened to it in full at least once pretty much every day since release

Favorite tracks:
Ultralight Beams
Feedback
Freestyle 4
Real Friends
Wolves
Fade

Least Favorites
Waves
Highlights

Criticism
Theres a lot of filler but I dont care since I love kanye so much

Praise
Easily my favorite album I have ever listened to, the songs just simply resonate with me really well.

I AM NOT SAYING THIS IS THE GREATEST ALBUM OF ALL TIME IM JUST SAYING ITS MY FAVORITE

OG Wolves was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better

Saint Pablo is seriously top 5 Kanye songs of all time. Fuckin underrated

Famous is definitely my third least favorite, the beat is great and so is kanyes verse (excluding the ray j line) but Rihanna's voice and swizz beats ad libs are annoying imo

i hate the bom be dom part. So cliche

Favorite: Wolves, Highlights, Freestyle 4, 30 Hours

Least: Famous, No More Parties, Fade

Shaye Saint John/10

Caroline Shaw's vocals doe.....