Why can't white people into Soul,R&B? Also is this the best soul album of all time?

Why can't white people into Soul,R&B? Also is this the best soul album of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tI9SKuCIMpc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Could be, how would I know, I'm white

I liked his fathers work.

I just listened to that. It's way too old to be good

audiophile here

Why can't niggers not into nigger? Eat a bowl of rusty dicks op

It's faggot music

Because when we listen to black music we're denigrated for cultural appropriation. Besides, soul and R&B are crap. Funk is great, rap would be good if it weren't built on a culture of racism and hate and generally being a scumbag to everybody. But R&B is just some douchebag saying "oh girl, i love you so much, you don't even know how much I love you girl, baby, i wanna touch your body" for 5 minutes. It's all white people can do to even pretend to respect that shit as a real genre of music. Curtis Mayfield maybe.

Marvin Gaye - black American singer - killed by a handgun. Coincidence? I DON'T THINK SO NIGGERS!

>oh girl, i love you so much, you don't even know how much I love you girl, baby, i wanna touch your body

that sums up the 90s R&B

Probably the best

Fantastic reference

Hotter than July > The Rest

That's not the best soul album of all time. That would be 3+3 by the Isley brothers. Or possibly I Never Loved a Man the Way I Love You by Aretha Franklin.

24 yo white guy here
grew up on marvin, al green, teddy p, lennie williams, that one frankie beverly song, stevie wonder etc.
whenever i drink i usually turn some of this on. r&b can be soul cleansing

That's because R&B from the early to mid 80's onward is trash.

Inner City Blues is GOAT song.

youtube.com/watch?v=tI9SKuCIMpc

Gaye

Sorry, had to do it

But seriously, I have the complete Robert Johnson recordings on cd, I'm looking at them right now, bought that shit years ago.

♫- (singing):
Mammy, mammy
There's too many of you breeding
negroes, negroes, negroes
There's far too many of you wilding
You know we've got to find a way
To get your asses back to Africa today, eheh

fucking lmao

It's actually pretty good. What happened to R&B I was expecting the newer sounding stuff? Anybody recommend anything else like this?

I prefer Elvis
White boys do it better

Bitch stfu.
I'm white as fuck and can get down to some bootsy Collins
NOT THE FRIENDLY GHOST, BUT THE HOOOOLY GHOST

Dude, George Michael has one of the best selling soul/r&b albums of all time.

I respectfully disagree. R&B and soul do have a lot of romantic themes, but that is hardly it's limitations. Consider Sam Cooke's "A Change is Going to Come", a song that attacks racism during the peak of the Civil Rights movement. Much of Cooke's music; as well as Gaye's music, especially on "What's Going On", is rooted in cultural commentary, as much of R&B music in the 60's was.

Furthermore, Rap is not a genre built on a culture of racism. While acts like N.W.A. and the Geto Boys may seem racially "threatening" to sheltered white people, you can still find conscious rappers like Common who pledge for peace, alt rappers like MF Doom or Slug who spit straight bars that have nothing to do with "racism", or rappers like Danny Brown, who force us to explore the darkest parts of our psyches when we listen to them. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Rap is a diverse genre, much like R&B, that has a wide array of angles to view it with. All you need to do is keep your ears open to it. Trust me, you'll hear it.

Rock & Roll not Soul sorry mate.

I liken George Michael's soul/R&B as cod soul as the British liken UB40's reggae as cod reggae (cod=white rip off)

This was the first time I ever heard Marvin Gaye and if this is truly his GOAT son, I must say I'm thoroughly disappointed

Fuuuuuuuuck off

I'm a white person in a soul/R&B band...

Google Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings dummy

he's really attached to that coat. and who can blame him, it's effay as fuck

dude, don't listen to these faggots. best album ever.