/tdf/ Stage 7- We climbing edition

Stage 7 features a decent climb. Expect attacks.

>Livestream
procyclinglive.com/livestream/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FgxwKEuy-pM
youtube.com/watch?v=xlh4Hc4JAY0
youtube.com/watch?v=uDroiKjDZeM
youtube.com/watch?v=6mBcm9yR_IY
youtube.com/watch?v=XPPMDGdbHdI
youtube.com/watch?v=0hiv6Y2zh7I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Col d'Asspain

Profile of the climb: it suits Froome more than Quintana.
Breakaway or Bardet ftw.

Looking forward to this. I think Bardet will attack over the top. For some reason Valverde is the clear favourite??

>Col d'Aspie

because he's very likely the fastest finisher in the group of contenders.

i highly doubt they'll be coming home in 1s and 2s

>Col d'Asperger

€2 on Dan Martin for me. #bigspender

50p on the TJVG for me

Valverde now 8/1 if anyone fancies it

Bought a saddle cushion on ebay yesterday lads

Why?

How many hours can you ride in one day.

It's more because next day I get sore
my tops is 2h49min
It's just to avoid getting a sore mate,also I think with a cushion I will can go out for like two days in a row,instead of just one
It was like 1,60€ lel

>It's more because next day I get sore
>my tops is 2h49min
Replace the saddle.

>2:49
Change saddles.
Just so you know, a saddle cushion will only make things a LOT worse.
It's much MUCH more important for the saddle to be of the right shape so it sits firmly in you bones. Over time you can do 6h rides no problem.

If you think minimal saddles with very firm cushing are not comfortable, think again. You just need the right shape for your ass.

This way is cheaper lad
Also I think it is because of the roads
full of small holes

I will try this first
I think the saddle fits right. It's just my muscles that get sore from the ups and downs from the road's holes. that's it
In case it doesn't work I'll take your recommendation mate

> It's just my muscles that get sore from the ups and downs from the road's holes
The cushion will only make this worse, trust me. You'll probably even get a numb dick now.
A good saddle will barely touch anything other than your sit bones.

TAKE THE PAIN

Who do I like in this? America has been shamed by Armstrong so I'll side with the Croatians if they're represented.

12 RIDERS IN THE LEAD
Gorka Izagirre (Movistar), Luis Leon Sanchez (Astana), Peter Sagan (Tinkoff), Jarlinson Pantano (IAM Cycling), Ramunas Navardauskas (Cannondale-Drapac), Mark Cavendish (Dimension Data), Jérémy Roy (FDJ), Cesare Benedetti (Bora-Argon 18), Rui Costa (Lampre-Merida), Nicolas Edet and Geoffrey Soupe (Cofidis), Chris Anker Sorensen (Fortuneo-Vital Concept) form the front group.

Cav has got this.

Etixx has to chase that down.

>tfw no local mountains to train on

22nd for chess

Florida?

GORKA GORKA GORKA GORKA GORKA GORKA GORKA!!!!!!!11

I wasn't able to follow the giro this year. Any contestant looking strong for this TdF?

Who would win it all according to you guys?

Atlanta

from the giro: nibali, majka, fuglsang looking shit. valverde okay so far.

Make your wait to some and train yourself there

>nibali, majka, fuglsang looking shit
All waiting for the final week.

I'm so sorry, user

your way
meant your wait
just ride to some mountains

>implying Cav will even make it over the cat. 4

It's okay tbqh cycling and bike infrastructure is really making headway here and we have the longest paved trail in the US

look at this piece d'art captured 2 years ago

>Nibbles was saying to be patient since "something" may happen. Doubt he'll go for any kind of GC spot, but what are the odds he attacks on a climb like this for a stage win?

Does anyone think Cavendish is stupid for attempting to win the green jersey? He doesn't stand a chance.

Shit, didn't want to greentext the whole thing.

Do TdF organizers charge an occupancy fee for local hotels within range of stage routes? Obviously these places enjoy an uptick in business every year from the Tour, and we all know that you can't make money from ticket sales

Very high.
GC teams will have no interest in chasing him down.

The odds he attacks successfully if the GC riders are interested? Very slim.

I honestly feel this would be a good stage for him.
Dunno how far behind he is on the GC.

>Do TdF organizers charge an occupancy fee for local hotels within range of stage routes?
If I remember correctly, the tour pays for the rooms.

14 minutes

I meant to say for spectators and casual fans , not for teams and riders

THANKS JUAN

Strong opening from eurosport!

>tfw you will never pick up girls at the traditional mountain dance with Juan

should be ok to go then

No. The ASO book one or two hotels and house the entire peloton.
Fans and journalists aren't charged for staying close by.

Let's hope so. Would be a nice stage for him. The way Nibbles can descend will just make Vroome's childlike handling skills even more obvious

Yeah, I kind of want to see Nibbles descend like a madman again.

no. ASO used to pull this shit with Dakkar, and it made everyone hate them/the event.

One of the main reasons people put up with the tour shutting all the roads etc is its good for tourism, ASO would be fucked if they started nicking tourism money

Killed my back biking, no one is there at work I could go biking now

Where would you place him?
Tier 1: Sagan
Tier 2: Nibali, Valverde, Amador, Bardet.
Tier 3: Quintana, Froome, Contadown.

>mfw the peloton bullies the break by letting them stay exactly 20 seconds ahead until col d'aspin

Why is Juan so based, bros?

WE CLIMB NAO

I see, though at this level of prestige these middle-of-nowhere towns and villages should be desperate to have their roads blocked and have the Tour pass by

if we're talking actual skill i'd put Sagan in tier 2 and Nibbles in tier 1. I know Sagan makes it look even more spectacular but that's not a good thing imo.

Would make a separate stage for Vroome if you ask me. He's shit at it. Hell, even >Pinot descends better than him.

youtube.com/watch?v=FgxwKEuy-pM
Comfy thread theme

>thread theme
>anything other than youtube.com/watch?v=xlh4Hc4JAY0
kys

>Sagan above Nibbler
>no >pinot tier
baka senpai

>Froome interview
>So you usually attack in the first climb, will you go for it?
>No, let's not forget it's not a finish climb

So basically he openly admits he's shit at descends.

Sagan is a good bike handler, I'd argue better than Nibali.
Nibbles looked shaky on Lombardia last year.

Yeah, sure, but if ASO jewed literally all the money away, that would soon change... In Dakkar everyone loved it, drivers used local workshops, sampled local culture etc, kids still got killed when rally cars came through villages at 125mph but people didnt mind.... Then ASO started making drivers stay in their fenced off camps, sold rights to basically everything, and all of a sudden the locals were like "fuck off pal"

France will still love the tour, but a lot of the bonheur is on the community spirit... ASO taking money from tourism locally would start to make it look less of a community thing and more of a big capitalist octopus.

I'm not interested in Greg's stories

show me the race

Time for TUNA
youtube.com/watch?v=uDroiKjDZeM

WHO /nibbles/ HERE?
youtube.com/watch?v=6mBcm9yR_IY

>(you)

>Sagan is a good bike handler, I'd argue better than Nibali.
Overall, yes, although Nibbles can fly over the cobbles better than any other climber. But I thought we were just talking about descending.

Let's hope this new break makes it, nice group

Find preview runs from him pretty comfy tbqh.

Who will be be maimed by downhill today

lel

m8 Nibbles is fucking godlike going down

>GVA joining the break
wew lad

>mfw when it's a >contadown episode

>. But I thought we were just talking about descending
I'm talking about descents. Sagan's cornering is superior to Nibali's.

I know, I just think Sagan in a level above.

>yellow jersey in the break

A better one (from 80's)
youtube.com/watch?v=XPPMDGdbHdI

>I'm talking about descents. Sagan's cornering is superior to Nibali's.
gonna have to agree to disagree then mate

They're both about the same level if you ask me. Difference is I have yet to see Sagan fall on a descent yet.

>Israel commercial
>Two cities, one holocaust

mmm jewish ass

absolute homme fou !!

Yeah, you're probably right on the cornering. Nibali fucks his timing sometimes and loses a little time but his fearlessness going down is so awesome to watch

>Stuyven, GVA, Spartacus, Nibbles, Roelandts, Chavanel, Cummings, Martin, Bakelants all in the break

what a nice start of the stage

>those commercials
>be with gorgeous girl in a meh normie beach during sunset
>instead of enjoying it, spend the time annoying the bitch by filming thousands of takes for that vid
Why does everyone in this generation is a nigger?

I said this on the Giro. Nibbles needs but one descent to win this whole damn tour.

AND WHAT HAPPENED ON THE GIRO?!

>. Nibbles needs but one descent to win this whole damn tour.
he's 14 minutes down.

who TYP AE OPAHC here?

Poor guy. Terrible way to lose the Giro.

youtube.com/watch?v=0hiv6Y2zh7I

>tfw you try to keep up with the jedi master on the descent

How were Yotto Yumbo even allowed to wear pink jerseys?

>>
delete this

NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES NIBBLES

Good afternoon loves, how was the morning ride?

>tfw I stopped because it rained, like a true casual.

>Handful of riders pulling over.

Something happen?

He's lucky he fucked up so high up the mountain there were snowbanks to catch him. Doing that lower down the mountain would almost certain death by crashing into a ravine.