Name a darker album

Easy

first post best post, top kek. My fucking sides.

oh and this.

kek

do people really consider sftb a dark album?? theres definitely depressing moments but there are several uplifting or transcendental parts too.

Are you serious? SFTB is dark as shit

YES finally someone else

I dunno maybe my definition of "dark" music is a little different from others but it doesn't totally fit sftb for me. the drone tracks are kind of somber but mostly just meditative. Then songs like i see them all lined up and the sound are very powerful, kind of pomp and circumstance. but yeah a lot of the album is dark just saying not totally

Greed is the darkest Swans album.

>Public Castration is a Good Idea

all me

you filthy liar

>Filth

>insert Depressive Suicidal Black Metal album here

Whether or not SFTB is dark as a whole or not, I Love You This Much is the darkest song ever written

Blackstar

i think you guys are forgetting something

this album cover is uncomfortable to look at.

I originally thought it was clay then I found out what it actually was.

learn from expeeeriiiiiiience

I thought is was a swollen asshole :^)

>insert 9 comment chain of which Ulver record is the darkest, with 5 of them being samefags

Well, what is it? Just someone's stomach or something?

yeah, it's a morbidly obese woman

Do you people think I haven't heard any of those albums?
Filth honestly just bores me besides "Power for Power" and "Only I Can Hear, Only I Can Touch", I think Cop is boring too because it's sluggish and the lyrics are pretty bad for a Swans album. Greed has a single concept, and the best instrumentals and production of early Swans. Listen to "Anything For You" loud as hell and tell me it's not more intense than any other song they've made. "Raping A Slave" is the only song that can compare and it's on an EP.

And Public Castration is too low quality for me to take seriously. It doesn't feel like a Swans album to me. It just feels like a shakeup baritone trying to cover Swans.

In honesty, I think Filth and Cop are posted more than Greed simply because Piero Scaruffi gave them 8s and Greed a 6.5 like how you always see White Light but never Love of Life.

Yeah, greed is better, but I think Cop and Filth are more gross and bleh. I don't think they're less known because of some pitchfork chungus, i think it's because they didn't have that shock and it's like "hey look a gimmicky not-double album"

You piece of shit liar

lmao
Do you even know what "uplifting" means?

I heard this got incredible reception. Put it in my backlog a while back, still haven't heard it though

Deathconsciousness - if by dark you mean depressing
Buyer's Market - if by dark you mean disturbing and edgy

is a great album though. First album to ever give me ASMR.

just thought i should let you guys know that this post was me. i did this one.

Kek

Had me /emo/ but not nescasarilly dark

It's not that hard