Just found this bolted to the underside of my buddys 2002 explorer hood

just found this bolted to the underside of my buddys 2002 explorer hood

obviously after market, has a ground and a wire going into a cluster of wires right above the fuel injector

what the fuck is it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A power jack for a vibrator

Maybe a LoJack? Unless you work for them I don't think anyone call tell you what it looks like or where they put it. If you don''t have a mechanic look at it I would just cut it and see if the car still runs. If it doesn't just hook it back up,

it engages your muffler bearings

fuck off trinidad

Can you take a pick of it in the original position.

Also take a pic of where the wire leads.

Its some sort of sensor

the hood is being replaced so its off,, here is where it was located when the hood was propped up, i think it actually set in lip so under the edge of the hood but not technically in the engine compartment

heres the wire being fed into a cluster above the engine

when yo ushake it it rattles, duno if thats bc its broken tho

If it was positioned so that the plunger was compressed by the hood when closed, then it's probably the switch to turn the now-nonfuctional under hood light on.

its not a plunger nothing moves

also it was parallel with the hood not perpendicular

diy engine compartment temp sensor?

Disconnect it start the car and see if you notice anything different.

Google to the rescue.

This is a device used by the government (mostly CIA) to trace your car via GPS. When you reach a certain destination your car is shut down and the device (MIFinder) exports data to a private satellite thus telling CIA where you at. There is an app that codes the signal so it doesn't send that info. DONT CUT THE WIRES! Search the net for it. Here is a video I made not long ago describing what it does and how to disable it youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

i literally just took the picture 5 min ago

are you 12?

shit tier car.

This most likely.

Doesn't look OEM

It was a joke. He was saying that google is useless.

Its okay OP google told me its something that's called an "auto part" which is something that you put inside of a car so it can vroom better. You don't have to worry anymore.

k

so glad you know so much about vehicles, but you cant tell me what the part is

also i drive an r32

im saying its a bad joke

it's a dildo... pls

>poor bait
>go home
>get drunk
>get better bait

so one wire and it was near your airbox, am I right? if so I'd say it's a intake air temp sensor.

car alarm hood switch?

Do you live in a sketchy hood. Because thats a ghetto kill switch for the engine

ALLAH-ACKBAR!!!!!!!

BOOOMMM!!!

are you sure? what does it sense? it doesnt move or anything, does it change when the angle changes?

is it magnetic?

Thats definitley a bomb detonator, get the fuck out of there and call 911 and have a trained bomb squad deal with it, do not touch anything

I think it's a after market stereo capacitor.
You can google it.

better check for some hidden explosives before you push the black button my friend

cia shill

op that's a tracker.

if it was a tracker it wouldnt be in plain sight when you open the hood

no its not a capacitor its light and shitty

i think its an aftermarket hood sensor....

That's what they want you to think

the end of it looks like a crank positioning sensor. it's a positioning sensor of some kind but can't tell from the nigger rigged housing

Looks like a thermo sensor.

Does the truck have a thermometer output in the dash or console somewhere? As it tell you the temperature outside?

Gotta get back to work so will not be able to reply. Hope this helps.

it does rattle in a very specific way, i think its a hood sensor because when i line it up like it would be on there and tilt it like the hood would, it actuates or something inside

we turned the car on a fiddld with it but nothing happened

also /o/ was no help

>a capacitor its light and shitty
Looks like one I've used before.
pic related

Google told us it was an autopart, pretty damn good guess.

from the back where the wire goes in, the inside of the cylinder is hollow halfway to the front and theres a ball bearing rattling inside

hes a fuckin pleb 40 year old he doesnt have after market speakers its not a capacitor

>fuckin pleb 40 year old
I'm 56.

We used to put these on our cars to clear up the distortion on our stereos when the car accelerated.
They didn't work well.

That doesn't compare to the new fangled thing-a-ma-bobs you hep kids use today.