Physical Media

I took this last night for a Sup Forums soundtrack thread.
Might as well use it for one of these.
>r8
>h8
I havn't been collecting long and am curious what anyone else thinks or have.

Other urls found in this thread:

allmusic.com/user/my-collection
analogmetal.com/2016/08/diane-cluck-boneset/
youtube.com/watch?v=Zq1i5AGK3f8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No one?

whole lotta real boring nonsense in there
clutch is great though

>Skyrim soundtrack

Interesting assortment. Jelly uh that Diablo II OST. Mine's recentish.

>boring
Such as?

>face out
How do you find anything?

Forgot it's cropped. CDs in either unit to the sides. Kind of defeated myself there.

Those are just recent purchases until they get assimilated alphabetically by artist, and chronologically in body of work.

>alphabetically by artist, and chronologically in body of work
Glad I'm not the only one.

wew

That's what I'm shooting for.

It's the right way.

>clutch
>the one band I've heard of

see, that's just a shitty attempt at a quip back. there's like, sabbath and wintersun albums in there lol as if op has some elite taste no one's heard of

>no one's heard of Black Sabbath
You cannot be serious.

thats what im saying you fucking knob
the dude responded to me as if clutch was the only band in there i had heard of

Let's see yours then.

That's how you acted.
I never said I was all elite, I even said I was just starting out.
You seem to be projecting.

Well I tried.
OP out.

Nice 311
Want me to keep posting?

I have no idea if this link will work but this is my CD collection
allmusic.com/user/my-collection

6/10 but only because of Godflesh.

2016 digipacks

2016 jewel cases

How do you find anything sorting by colour? They're not clothes

Holy shit, I thought I was insane.

Well it's just that one year and I remember what they look like.

This one's a little more alphabetical.

>>>
>Anonymous 11/30/16(Wed)01:49:22 No.6937
What's insane about it? It takes no extra time than any other system, and makes it incredibly easy to find anything. It's the easiest way to organize literally anything. Alphabetically or numerically. In this case, both.

I'm digging it

>eragon
oh you would do it by color

>Eragon
my nigger

I've actually never read it and just got it for $2 because I have the movie which I also haven't seen.

The book is decent if you remember it was written by a 15 year old. The movie is actual trash

I really like that one actress though. She had a bunch of hot nude scenes in some movie I can't remember that's why I got the bluray for $4

Trick cover btw

>whole lotta shit I've never heard of but don't want to admit because I'm too cool
ftfy

anyone have this?

Fuck off, almost anyone who collects physical media sorts it this exact way, there's nothing remotely special about it

Nice collection. My older brother has so many CDs he'd probably fill up those shelves three times over. Motherfucker keeps his CDs in footlockers because he doesn't have the floor space for shelves.

dude look at my tiny blurred thumbnails of my collection ! (or somebodys collection because i probalby just took these pics off of google XDDDD)
man this thread really went places....

Nice eyeroll

cringe

Nice cringe

your moms nice heheh

This.

>almost anyone who collects physical media sorts it this exact way
I don't.

Alphabetical by artist and then alphabetial by title.

>U2

Why do you have an Offspring album filed under r?

It's Blood Sugar Sex Magik. I got it for a quarter at a flea market. It apparently had the back insert for an Offspring album though and I didn't even realize it.

Pics or you're lying

I didn't say it was a factory error or anything. Whoever owned this beforehand probably just tried replacing the case and didn't realize he put in the wrong insert

Thanks I was just kinda kiddin

Ever notice how the asspained posters never actually post any pics?

>never opened the thumbnails
Full retard.

My vinyl collection is much bigger, but I'm not with them to show them right now

bump

>Karjan's 9 Symphonien

Fucking sweet dude

>Crash Worship
Good shit, can you share that stuff? Can't find them on SoulSeek.

P.S pls upload to MEGA.

No sorting, ever

I did the thing, didnt I?

Cool meme albums (actually pretty jealous of Crimson King)

>Merzbow
That Pink Floyd tape is pretty badass though.

disgusting

>no Remain in light
:^( I'm disappointed desu

>brainbombs - obey
nice

>Andrew WK
My sides.

I know I have it, it's in a box somewhere

I really really hope some of my orders come in the mail today. Only thing I hate about discogs is the shipping time. Better than paying like a hundred dollars for express tracked though.

Also is there any place that does custom lay over decals for cheap? I kind of want one done for my AT120, like a galaxy pattern or something, so people might think it's a technics in passing (not really it wouldn't fool anyone, just want it for aesthetics)

ALSO I've seen a lot more heat put on the AT120 recently, but I've had nothing but good results with it, but that's going from a really low-end table. It seems like every complaint people have about it (the internal preamp, the quartz lock, the stock cartridge, the feet, etc) can be addressed. Would it be worth the money to put into it? If I put $100-$200 into it could I bring it up to the level of maybe a $400-$500 range table? I figure that'd be cheaper in the long run.

The only complaint I've seen that I couldn't really address is the plastic build. Which I don't get at all to be honest. Maybe it's because I'm not a serious DJ or anything but I'm not feeling up my turntable all the time, I never notice. It LOOKS heavy. It seems like on of those non-issues people make because metal does FEEL better but is it really worth for sound quality?

ok

Just face it user, no one has any information on your special white record

Those are from when I was about 13

Andrew W.K. used to make noise (and probably still does) with aaron dilloway since they were teens.

:(

have you contacted them about it yet?

Danke, I actually haven't heard it yet but I will asap in your honor.

What am I in for?

Wish I had income to waste on plethora of cds

>asked her on twitter
>emailed some sellers
>spammed tweets all during thanksgiving with clickbait hashtags like #leftovers and #blackfridayshopping so people would see it if they went into the trending topic
>broke down and posted on reddit twice

only response at all if from these threads and nobody still has the answer.
the image comes from here
analogmetal.com/2016/08/diane-cluck-boneset/
but i dont see any way of contacting them

contact analogmetal by clicking on "About Analog Metal" on the bottom of the webpage
would also try contacting Important Records if they know anything about it since they're handling the manufacturing and distributing

you really go out of the way to find the shittiest albums possible dont ya

youtube.com/watch?v=Zq1i5AGK3f8

I never bought media, but I've got some money to spend now. Should I collect vinyl or CD's?

vinyl
>sounds better
>larger coverart for collection
>more durable, literally lasts forever with proper care
>literally anybody can burn a cd and stick a label in the case so it has no legitimate value

CDs are cheaper, vinyl is the cool thing right now. Your choice

>Sounds like shit in comparison to digital
>large cover art takes up more space than is needed
>breaks super fucking easy.

FTFY

>sounds better
Objectively speaking, not really, but in the end the human ear won't notice the difference anyway (other than surface noise, which we can easily filter)
>larger coverart for collection
Sure
>more durable, literally lasts forever with proper care
On the other hand, CDs are only 30-35 years old, so we need to give it more time. Disc rots are a result of improper manufacturing, I have CDs from the 80's that still play flawlessly.
>literally anybody can burn a cd and stick a label in the case so it has no legitimate value
CD-R material is actually inferior to pressed audio CDs, are much less durable.

>in comparison to digital

yeah your mp3s totally sound better than physical media :^)

>breaks super fucking easy
you must be really terrible with your records

sup cdfanboys

I'm and I collect vinyl more than CDs, but come on.