Used to browse Sup Forums 2-3 years ago

>used to browse Sup Forums 2-3 years ago
>most threads were either about patrician films or, if not, at least funny or interesting
>decide to check Sup Forums today out of curiousity
>every single thread is GoT, shit memes, or OK! level hollywood gossip

What the fuck happened?

Sup Forums was never good

I was on also on Sup Forums 2-3 years ago.

Nothing changed

It turned to shit literally the moment you showed up.

Examples of thread titles:

>ITT: Movies that you never expected to make you cry, but they did.

>That badass guitar riff basooka blast

>ITT: characters who are canon cucks

>Essential Cuckmercials

Seriously, this is fucking ridiculous

What's that, OP? You want to have a Captain America thread? Ok no problem.

>1st movie = first half is good
>2nd = overall pretty decent
>civil war = sounds alright, haven't seen it

What are your thoughts on Captain merica, OP?

Come on, just browsed through the catalog and couldn't find a single thread about a movie that wasn't capeshit. People here used to pride themselves in watching obscure films; now it seems like all they watch are meme tv shows.

Never seen it, don't watch capeshit

imfuckingplying

No one here cared about art film. 2 years ago was constant The Raid 2 and Her spam, 3 years ago was Pacific Rim and Only God Forgives. 4 years ago was The Place Beyond the Pines, The Master, and Spring Breakers. This place never had taste.

>implying anything has changed

I've been coming here for 3 years and it was still shit

Is it true this board used to be good?

Yeah abatap era was god tier

You don't think going from The Raid 2 and Her to 100% capeshit is huge drop in quality?

At least those are proper movies.

Right now, the board is drowning in capeshit.

lol

nice blogpost faggot

>he doesn't like spring breakers

Sup Forums is now officially reserved for capeshit. 99% of all threads everyday is about capeshit

capekino happened

>What the fuck happened?
Plebs

Needs more waifuharems and troubled movie trope dottie memes

>it's a "newfag tries to appear he's been here longer than everyone else" episode
There would have been non-stop Bane threads then, son.

Baneposting pretty much killed Sup Forums indirectly. Don't get me wrong, I love baneposting, but it put way too much focus on capeshit here, and now every time a new superhero movie comes out, it needs some type of forced meme. This BvS vs Civil War is some of the worst shit I have ever seen.

Marvelfag detected

There have been less and less bane threads lately though

It's an increase because The Raid 2 is literally capeshit without costumes and Her was a 2 hour music video.

"proper" movies
hmmmm

Because after children and reddit took over Sup Forums all the migrants obviously took up patronage for the boards based on the most easily accessible and digestible topics. Sup Forums being the most.

This thread is cancer because all the intelligent people moved away, I am actually visiting in a long time too when I mostly go to /lit/ and it's absolutely disgusting how obviously the consumer mentality has grabbed this board by the fucking balls.

*meant to say board

obviously I am already losing IQ points posting in here.

it's all these fucking capeshit shills. They try to post like us and make memes but they're really bad at it

capeshit and GoT happened, people from other boards specially Sup Forums wanted to discuss their favorite manchildren movies and shows and they spread like cancer not being able to contain themselves to a few threads because of their autism.

I normally shy away from this kind of posting because Sup Forums has always had problems but I think this thread is pretty legit.

It's hard for regular films to get any sort of discussion on Sup Forums anymore. Sup Forums did used to pride itself on having the most obscure taste and that was a good thing because it actually encouraged posters to try and find something new to watch.

Everyone always seems to be agreeing that capeshit fucking sucks and is ruining this board but every COMPANY WARS thread gets 300+ replies and apparently at least 60% of the shit cunts on this board are actually going and watch this stuff.

>The Place Beyond the Pines, The Master, and Spring Breakers
all good movies

better than captain america, fuck off retard

>Spring Breakers
>good

kill yourself korinefaggot

it's good

kill yourself baby

It's literally a good movie though

fucking embryo faggot retard piece of shit

>babbys first allegory for a shitty hedonistic society

I know it's an interesting concept when all you deal with is banal capeshit but jesus christ.
It's visual schlock.

t. embryo

You koriniggers already shilled it until there was nothing left. Let go already.

Is there anything more anti-film than complaining when a great film is successful?

>t: embryos

What great film?

The Witch, CACW, The Revenant. Everyone on Sup Forums has become so adamant in attacking them for the worst reasons.

>>t: embryos
Literally how new

>What the fuck happened?
Sup Forums is now more popular than ever. Underage kids come here for "memes" (because they think that just because this board invented baneposting we're a meme board or some shit) and redditors come here just to shitpost and be contrarian because they're not allowed to behave that way on their home turf.

>and Her was a 2 hour music video

Oh, so you didn't see it then.

>capeshit
>great film
at this point you might as well believe that any popular film that does well in the box office is a great film

Sup Forums has always been 95% shit, I've been here a lot longer than 3 years and it hasn't changed at all.

Two years ago the most threads were about waifus and bodies of work.

>dismissing a great film and throwing a giant tantrum because of its genre
Is there anything more autistic?

this tbqh, too many kids come here for epin supper hero memes

Indeed, the amount of shit is the same, but who's shitting it and the shit itself changed

>Is there anything more autistic?
yes
liking a shitty film because of its genre and popularity

>enjoying film is autistic
Televisionfags, ladies and gentlemen.

Do you seriously like civil war? this type of shitposting isn'y funny

>2-3 years ago
>Baneposting
>ACT
>sympathetic villains
>pedo trip fags counting down to birthdays
>Community
>GoT

Fuck, I could even go back further to the early 2010s and include Abatap and his various spam including
>you're just butthurt
>#1 movie of all time
>neyneyneyney
>any time he spammed the entire board with that one picture of the cat thing from Avatar

Sup Forums was never good

>Is there anything more autistic?
Is there anything more autistic than liking movies meant for children?

>used to browse Sup Forums 2-3 years ago
>most threads were either about patrician films or, if not, at least funny or interesting

Bullfuckingshit
Before generals were enforced GoT threads would take up half this board. Not to mention the waifu threads.

Also, Baneposting was in full goddamn effect 3 years ago.

This board has always been shit. Though it is certainly much more shit now than it used to be.

GoT posters can go to hell, fucking mindless piece of shit trash is worthless. Fuck off to reddit, retards.

Nah, the waifucaust happened like 5 years ago. Now every thread with an actress in the op is taken down by the happy retards in command, even if it's a 'serious' thread. It's tragic really. The only ones still actively battling are the cunnyposters- bless them- but the policies of welcoming immigrants made the facebook crowd the majority around here, so they lack support in fighting against the powers-that-are.
Sure, it was always shit but it smelled better before.

Celeb-worship is pathetic and belongs on Reddit

I agree, we need Marvel ™ threads ;)

I can agree with that.

You do know most of those threads are people just complaining about their critical and financial success, right? Please refer to

Marvel has never done anything, nor looks like it will do in the foreseeable future, to a great film. How delusional are these fanboys?

this is what I hate about the shills that post here. thier shitposts don't make sense

No they were about Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, capeshit and child actresses. So fuck all has changed

>waifucast happened five years ago

could this be more of an exaggeration? it was like two years ago. stop pretending you've been here longer than two minutes.

I'm sorry you're upset about not being here longer. First you shouldn't, but most importantly, don't try to rewrite history that you didn't live

Nah m8 you are talking out your ass. 3 years ago was just as shit

Nigga its had a resurgence

I was literally one of the waifuists who got fried

fuck off everyone knows you came here for le ebin banepostin you spotted on /r/Sup Forums

this, OP is full of shit wannabe patrician

I've been here since 2006 and it's always been shit. People would spam Lost threads all day, Summer Glau waifu threads 24/7. When The Dark Knight came out the place was cesspool of shitty joker memes. The Avatar came out and you couldn't even post on the board because Abatap would DDoS with nonstop pics of Neyteri.

>newfags think Sup Forums was ever good

>>>t: embryo
>t: embryo
>sincerely, embryo
>best regards, embryo
how new?

It's a kids movie that literally looks like it was shot for the SyFy channel

You literally are a newfag, and even if your story were true, it doesn't justify your ignorance of Sup Forums's past. The BIG waifucaust happened definitely not 2 years ago.

>Things used to be better

ok

While I agree it is hard to make legit threads now than before but I have no problem getting at least 100+ replies when I decide to make a thread on a film to discuss that isn't capeshit. Maybe you are just shit at making threads

you sound like a genuine jew right now

accusing people of being new is literally the first thing new people do, everyone knows that

you're trying to fit in, instead of actually fitting in, because you don't fit in, because you're new

OP= EXPOSED

Just see the last VVitch thread, it lasted half a day, went into auto-sage with +300 posts and was full of in-depth discussions and fun

>glauposting
>LOST
>shit

ha

You shouldn't get off your meds

game of fags
breaking fags

the fags fans from reddit had to spillover somewhere and they ended up here

2 garbage shows with 2 large garbage fanbases

>le 14 year old boy jab

cool meme

Fucking this

Not long ago, there was a thread on tree of life that lasted for hours and got about 150+ replies with a nice discussion. If you can make a thread that will invite discussion, you will get those replies.

I understand why you're so defensive, but you should really stop, it's just embarrassing

>how to spot the newfag
Retard it's been Bane? And cunny threads for years
Any discussion of "partician" films was shut down or no one posted
And its STILL the same now but with less Bane? Threads and more Reddit threads

>hurr durr Sup Forums has always been shit
That's not the point, you mongoloids.

Yeah, Sup Forums has always been shit, but this kind of shit had a particular flavor. We were clownposting about movies that weren't capeshit. Now the entire board gets drowned in the latest capeshit, Marvel vs. DC, box office nonsense with a bit of Star Wars thrown in for the mix.

Sup Forums has never been worse.

>3 years ago we used to talk about the contemporary media that came out at the time
>new movies come out
>why are we talking about contemporary media

this

Green Room got 300+ replies
VVitch got 300+ replies
10 Cloverfield Lane got 300+ replies
The Revenant got 300+ replies

Everyone is just doing the old "hurr I miss the old days" implying that this board is only talking about capeshjt and nothing else when those films would get multiple threads with 300 replies. People just like to point out the bad rather than the good

It's "t. *" not ">t: *" you r/Sup Forums tourist. Here's another example because I know this is going way over your head.

t. embryo

>4 Years ago was Spring Breaks and The Master

FUCK, that seems like a couple of years ago at the most

>contemporary media
There's media that isn't capeshit, you fucking clown.

Motherfucker we have always had the entire board flooded with whatever was the flavour of the month. Whether it was Avatar, Lost, Hobbit, Breaking Bad, whatever the fuck it was

It's ">" because it belongs to the poster you're replying

without it you'd just be calling yourself an embryo

fucking tourist

>>>/knowyourmeme/

I've been here since 2010 and it's always been shit, but now it's legit actual pleb shit. Filled of normalfags from facebook, no edge, nothing interesting. Sup Forums was better back in the day, and objectively so.

Those threads are at least 70% people complaining that those films are successful and calling everyone who likes them a shill.

>huge movies come out
>people talk about them
>everyone complains that people are talking about them
rinse and repeat

It was really gay back then
/got/ wasn't posted 24/7 but big brother yugoslavia or some shit was, constant Lost threads, action movies weren't discussed, arthouse snobbery was the norm, autism ran rampant and nobody wrote more than 5 words at a time. It was like entering the special ed twilight zone

Yeah it's bad now but it wasn't all roses 3-4 years ago either

He means that its 't.' not 't:', user.

Yet you're the first one in this history of it to greentext it. Hmmmmmm.

Just go back.

As someone who participated actively in one of them and contributed with other two, you're literally wrong. The atmosphere was rather nice all around