Which Sup Forums?

and no I don't want to spend 500 on a gtx 1070

are you all console plebs?!?!?!??!!?!

the nvidia of course

rx 480 50$ cheaper

then buy the rx 480
you poor fool

stfu fagget

i bought a 1080. 5 weeks later its still on preorder. ill tell you which to buy in 2017 when i get it.

yeah, but it's $200 shittier.

i'm not good at memes, but someone should do that thing where you make the text green and post "buying AMD" with the picture of Seinfeld's fat bald friend

are they both out?

thats the 1060 on the right you lamppost

>summertime

nvidia fanboys always hating when AMD has a better $/Performance ratio card

rx 480 is, but 1060 is just around the corner...

1060 in 10 days.. 480 already released

lel , it will prob be the same for 1060

all these nvidia fanboys. Sup Forums is a 18+ board you know.

Amd poorfags always salty when they think they get the upper hand for a week only to get destroyed by nvidia

rx 480 because fuck nivida , it will prob be 5.5gb vram

fair point. ask someone in 2018 then

samefag

Then buy the fucking amd card. Fifty fucking buck difference.
If that's too steep for you neck yourself.

but not better performance

480 is cheaper and substantially better. Why did this need a thread?

tru

Read the number of posters you fucking mong

Just crossfire 2 rx 480's
Bam whats that
A 1070

>substiantially better

apparently nvidia touting the card as 980 perf stock

and thats....supposed to be good?

but i have a 1080.... soon

It still is cheaper

Because nvidia shoots to outperform amd by a small percentage then charges a huge premium for it. If you absolutely need something top of the line and are willing to get jewed for it, then sure go with nvidia. Otherwise there's almost never a valid reason to not pick a good price/performance card

Overpriced, you can crossfire 4 480's with that price tag

Have you even seen the benchmarks? It outperforms the 480 and matches the 980.

meh, i get better return on it then all of those hookers i pay for.

but the small percentage IS still better performance....would you rather have a gold coin or a silver coin?

Did you ever see how bad nvidias drivers are compared to AMD's

Oh wait
You probs didnt

Have you seen actual usage? Arbitrary benchmarks are a sham

GTX 1060.

Wayy lower temps
Better performance
120w TDP

Have fun watching AMD get fucked over by nvidia making AAA titles run like ass on their cards.

And there doesnt exist an active modding community that would probably notice?

Oh wait
There does

I need a copper coin. I could pay for a silver coin and get a silver coin or pay for a gold coin AND a silver coin and get a gold coin.

Sure, a gold coin is better but why would I pay extra if both exceed my need? A 480 won't be a bottleneck for a few generations

nvidia > amd
the difference is money, and if u dont have money thats u being a fag not nvidia.

always nvidia. amd suck cock

1060. Obvious answer.

>relying on modders to run my games
Nah I'd rather just pay the fifty bucks mate.
Doesn't even make a dent.

the nvidia

I dont mean to run it
It would be a bloody scandal to bottleneck performance for a game just because one company outsells themselves to one of the 2 brands

Unoptimized okay, but bloody hell these are the 2016's

Not the same user, but it real world tests the 480 does quite a bit better than the 1060

That is as long as the game doesn't have Nvidia Hairworks or whatever other jewery nvidia paid for

Pretty sure it happened with The Witcher.
I remember my brother complaining because it ran like balls on his AMD card for a few weeks.

even with nvidia cards i turn hairworks off. total waste of fps

Fuck 'em both, I'll wait for a 1050 or a Ti model
Maybe even hang on till next gen cause they both seem to be having some kinks that need ironing out

Witcher runs damn fine on mine
AMD 7970 here by the way

Are you sure his cpu/ram wasnt the bottleneck by the way

why dont u just buy a console?

Because I need a pc and don't play console exclusives, it'd be a waste of money
I'm not a hardcore gaymer so I can play last years games at mid settings without being bothered

480 will outperform slightly on AMD software games, like battlefield and mirrors edge, maybe 3-7 fps, but any game running nividia software, like Witcher 3 will start to overload the 480, like 15-30 fps(granted this won't be an issue until the Xmas season game drops) so I would personally go with the Nividia, even though there company is the poster child for shitty business practices

Recent report shows GTX 1060 is faster than a current 980. Definitely worth it.

gotta say amd looking like they nailed their market. even as a nvidia fanboy im probly gonna be recommending the 480 to people on a budget.

It's pretty expensive though, but it's a still good leap in performance for the price
At least $100 better value than last gen

Fun fact: 1060 has no SLI support.

480 crossfire masterrace

Really it all comes down to what you want. Minimal software differences. If you need PhysX acceleration, CUDA, and GameWorks, then NVidia is a good choice.

Yeah, but a current 960 4GB costs $257. A 1060 6GB will cost $250 and will perform much better.

That can't be right
I got my 2gb 950 for equivalent of about $150, no way the 4gb 960 costs over $100 more, that's a ripoff, it can hardly take advantage of the vram anyways

And that's the price I bought it for close to launch... Where are you getting your prices from

So many shills
I hope you poor fucks are getting paud for this