Alright Sup Forums, redpill me on Christianity. Been a Catholic for 22 years...

Alright Sup Forums, redpill me on Christianity. Been a Catholic for 22 years, just want to hear what atheists say about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3676331/Noah-s-ark-attraction-built-Australian-creationist-set-open-Kentucky.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Church had complete control over the scripture used in the bible. How do you know they didn't change it to most effectively manipulate the masses? Whether or not the original source material was real is irreverent because the thing Christians claim to have faith to has definitely been modified by people with motive to control other people.

I seriously doubt a book written by humans over two thousand years ago that probably has been modified over and over in order to control masses and keep the lack of thought and create an illusion of free will.

Religion was created so that church ruled over most European countries

Written over thousands of years by 40 different people, all united under 1 God and belief. Read about how the Bible was written, it'll change the way you see it and make you consider that there has to be at least something out there.

Yes and modified by the catholic church. Do you honestly think the people who tried to get indulgences going didn't fuck with the book?

Don't believe catholics. You ever wonder why they call it ''mass'' but they call a meeting of witches ''black mass''? That's actually them, they the first Satanists... witches back then were just advanced druids, they couldn't actually interface with the devil's magic until they were raped in these black masses
Public info

Im so glad you all provided sources

I am not atheist. In the meaning that I belive there is a good chance of a god/gods existing. But if that is true, it MOST LIKELY is not the God imagined by Abrahamic religions, that God is cruel, mad and pretty stupid.

It s bullshit read the Genesis part off the bible nothing else then fucking family members

Real redpill on this?

Do what is true to you, a man should have a relationship with what he considers 'god'. Be it Buddha, Jesus, Allah, or within.

Athiesm is part of the anger stage of leaving a religion and being butthurt about the church not being true.

But to see religion as man's way of interpreting and understanding what we call God, is a wiser place to stand. So what if there isn't some bearded guy in a robe in the clouds... that's a man made construct to understand something we cannot begin to imagine as humans and especially on this dimension.

Look at gravitational waves... the universe is something constructed.

Aren't you embarrassed to be a grownup with an imaginary friend?

I mean the people who were in charge of the scriptures proved themselves to be unreliable, it's not crazy to assume that they changed the source material to better suit them.

For instance Romans did NOT put nails through their Crucifixion victims, they tied their hands. Plus you can literally find anything to confirm arguments on the internet. Sources mean nothing. This is just a convo. What would be your source, a thousands of year old book full of obviously fabricated stories?

Atheism is a lack in belief in God.
Nothing more.

The bible tells stories on people reaching a deeper understanding/ enlightenment.

How to be a good person and lead a happy life.

How the hell is it meant to plague our minds.

Just because something is complex does not mean it was created though...

Because we have reached a point in society where the bible is no longer the best we can do. We are much more educated and smarter overall now as a species. Studying the bible is like reading a history book from the 1800s, sure it can be kinda helpful but why limit yourself to outdated ideas?

Exoteric religion is opium for the masses.

Esoteric religions, for christianity it's rosicrucians, are all the same after and for the all.

Spirituality, mentality, which is the underlying principle to all does not need constructs.

Look into the trve okkvlt.

They're not ideas but lessons. Lessons taken form in stories. A lesson and a story is something that never dies. Be nice and respect others has always been a humane, logical rule. A story becomes a legend and people carry it with them to remind them that life's not easy and that the moral and goal in the story is attainable.

It's not a law or a rule that changes overtime. A lesson is broad overall and takes part in everything.

actually the bible barely has anything about people reaching enlightenment or peace, or even leading a happy life. It is mostly about earthly suffering and staying true to the lord. It also has a lot of rules: homosexuality is bad, you can only fuck one person and it has to be for procreation (monogamy is pointless in a post-neolithic world, how many people i fuck should have nothing to do with my higher power), Jesus says to Peter that he can judge who is to be fit for heaven and makes him pope. Popes now have the power to send you to hell or heaven (they use this power to murder and torture millions and legitimize monarchies across Europe). Not to mention the bible forces you to be a passive person, turn the other cheek to the guy who raped you daughter, be nice to people who are bad to you, pay your taxes (an actual verse i just dont have time to find it), work the field you dirty farmer youll have time to be happy and rest in heaven. The west wouldve discovered electricity and advance medicine a thousand years earlier if it wasnt for the bible.

Genesis 34: The Rape of Dinah

Of course we do, but if you need to believe in an allpowerful God to respect other people and to not be some society parasite, then there's something wrong.
I'm not saying your religion is wrong, just trying to clarify that user's point. In the modern times we don't need the construction of a God in order to be the best we can be.

There is just some inherent characteristic within us that has caused man to invent not only Christianity but also many other beliefs about the world that were not obtained through intensive emperical study. Science has continued to improve the accuracy of our knowledge and that is leading to a rise in irreligiosity amongst the population.

This. Religion just seems like the product of a simpler time when people literally needed to be told "do this or you'll go to hell" to stop anarchy. But we're more civilized than that now and we have things like governments to keep the peace.

lol rosicrucians are not the esoteric arm of christianity, their entire teaching has nothing to do with christianity and is more concerned with Eastern practices and alchemy than anything else, and was a primarily idiological society, not spiritual. also the church hated them and many people went to trial for being suspected to be rosicrucians. also they probably never existed

Opius Dei and And the Priory of Sion or Templars those are esoteric christian groups and theyre cringy AS FUCK.

you believe about a talking snake?

Who cares ?

This. Or giant fish eating people and spitting them out like 30 days later? Or a global flood that wiped out all life but 2 of every animal? That's not how genetics work, biodiversity is important in any animal species, including humans.

The replies in this thread are painful to read.

Normally older people in they're 30's and up are the ones who willingly convert to christianity. It's because after finaly settling down they gain a sense of humility and begin to realize how precious life is, and it's not our place to mistreat it. That life and it's beauties are not simply created for no reason. That feeling love, a tight bond with they're family and neigbors, they begin to understand there is purpous and reason behind all the good and evil. They reach a deeper understanding.

it´s true

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3676331/Noah-s-ark-attraction-built-Australian-creationist-set-open-Kentucky.html

>model dinosaurs
I kek'd

And I respect their opinions, I just don't think I need a superior being to find a meaning in life or to appreciate how beautiful life is...i guess those are points in which we cannot reach a consensus cause at the end of the day it's people's choice and who am I to tell them how to live their lives if they're not damaging anyone?

>Normally older people in they're 30's and up are the ones who willingly convert to christianity
No, it's only a question of whether you got the sky fairy spook stories before the age of 6 or so since until then you have no critical thinking abilities. OP is probably ok though, largest cult on the planet for this very reason, indoctrination of children. There is no uninstalling that sort of malware.

Stories in the bible are built on metaphor and life experience. They're meant to teach you to keep going in life even when it's hard and tell tales of men and women who've overcome them. Some don't make sense when looking at them logically. For example Adam represented Males, men and Eve represented Females, women. The tale of Noah's ark is said to have been in one place not the entire world.

don´t laugh, this really happen, noah saves the animals

I just think it's a product of a simpler time and it's time we let go of it. I think it's silly that some people still want to base their lives on the writings of ancient nomadic hippie Jews that thought the death sentence was an appropriate punishment for lying.

thats called agnostic

Why would god chose to use humans to spread his message? Humans are corrupt and will use anything for personal gain. Also, if your god is the correct god, it would mean that the majority of other people in the world would be incorrect in the god they chose to believe in... why would god allow that to happen?

The convenience of metaphors is that you can literally intemperate them however you want lol.

Some people speak from ignorance. So much so i've had a fellow Christian nock on my door converting me to my to christianity. That day all I remember was trying to explain I already was, but I guess he wasn't in the mood to listen. Point is the man didn't even know how to answer some of my questions and began making them up. After a while of testing him I prooved to him I was a current follower in Catholic christianity and after realizing it we both starting laughing. Then I ended the conversation by telling him to not speak about things he does not know as it only makes him ignorant toward something he isn't even sure about.

Point is some people just want to be a nuicance. That's how they were raised. It's just misguidance.

banter

Agnostic and atheist aren't mutually exclusive. You can be an agnostic atheist (you don't believe in a god but you can't claim to know). Atheism is the opinion, agnosticism is the belief.

this. You can be an Agnostic Theist as well.

Some people never learned of it. Besides, Gods not going to force you to do anything. He gave us a guidance and we can choose to be part of it or not. There's always going to be good people and bad people.

And I can be 50 different genders

It's this simple m8
>do I know for a fact god exists/does not
>no
You're an agnostic
>do I personally believe in god
>yes
Agnostic theist
>no
Agnostic atheist

It's not that hard.

Yeah, but he's allmighty, heck, why did he went through all of that "sin>curse of death>his son's life being given to save humans>persistence of evil" thing if he knew what would happen? It's like building a bridge between 2 islands knowing that i lack the knowledge I know it's gonna go wrong and yet I do it.
You can, identify as a mark II tank if you want, just don't start crying to be threated like a special snowflake.

Everyone is born an atheist. Someone's gotta feed you your first bowl of bullshit.

Like I said. They're stories to be learned from. Persistince of evil is always there. You can choose to give blood to charity or you can go do drugs. You can eat a big mac with extra fries and ketchup or you can go home and cook something healthy.

The story you refference was when god asked the father (don't remember his name) to sacrifice his son. So the guy ties him up and God says it was simply a test to see if he was worthy and willing to sacrifice for others and not just himself.

They're life lessons that should be forgotten.

That same story you quoted is as bullshit as it gets, God took a man who had done a quintillion of things to prove he had a true faith and still made him go through all the mental strain of getting ready to kill his own son to prove (again) his faith? God dammit, with that God i don't think you need a devil.

And may i add that religion nowadays is being used as a reason to kill people, and I'm not only taking about islam, you could do just about the same with Christianity

Use common sense. And now you're done being religious.

Go back to high school.

Everything is an excuse to kill people. Money, freedom, justice.

Decartes is the biggest redpill you can get on the subject, and he doesn't go the way you'd think

That is the stupidest shit I ever read. Mass comes from the lain word missio, mean to "send forth."