Hey Sup Forums looking for some new over ear headphones. desperately need, want to make a good choice. any help...

hey Sup Forums looking for some new over ear headphones. desperately need, want to make a good choice. any help? I've had beats before and some audio techs. was thinking of bose or another pair of AT.

Whatever you do please do not get Bose. They are a laughable rip off.

but they're the official headphones of the NFL

bose are out then. im reading a guide.. JAYS and Shure seem nice. But this will be my first serious purchase so

Shure se215

shure srh440s are the way to go

what would define overpriced for shures

What is your budget?

Not looking to exceed 200 usd

Bose are actually pretty for noise cancellation. Yeah, they sound like absolute shit. But nothing really competes at the same price point and build quality.

not looking for that function, just more balanced sound and strict listener-music sound

In that case stay the fuck away from bose. If you're OK with open headphones than AKG K240s are a bit of a meme but are honestly fantastic budget headphones.

The ATH-M50s are meme headphones but they are the best headphones I've heard. I own a pair of Shure SRH-440s that I also really like. I've used them for some recording, mixing, but mostly personal listening.

would you choose shure or ath.

damn user. sorry and thanks

I wasn't saying you shouldn't have made this thread, I'm saying they would help you a bit better, they helped me with my recent purchase

if you're gonna go for an ath model go for the m40x

more bang for your buck

still stand by the srh440s though

Ignore anyone who recommends anyone M50x. Sloppy low end and harsh treble. Many better options.

Sup Forums is pretty aids for headphone recommendations.

Go over to Sup Forums and ask the autists on /hpg/ for a recommendation. Make sure to fill out the form too.

i like my bluedio t3 headphones and theyre pretty decently priced

this, m40x is superior, and cheaper too

Literally get ws99, the best bass for listening extreme and heavy electronic music

also fuck vmoda, the nigger headphones

i love my Audio Technica m50x's

big sound in a good price point

beats by dre

If you go for Audio Technica, go for the M50x. I know they're pretty meme but mine have lasted for years and even survived a car crash

Sennheiser, always.

AKG K7XXs

I just ordered a pair last weekend, looking forward to receiving them.

Try the tech board. When they aren't talking about their cans being worn by some loli, they know what they are talking about usually.

I was about to say the same.

Not OP but I actually just bought the M40x and I'm really digging it so far. Granted I don't have much experience with headphones but I had some Sony ear pillows a while back and I'm liking the M40x a lot more.

Why is the m40x superior to the m50x in your view?