when will Sup Forums admit tame impala shits on grimes
currents > art angels

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sBzrzS1Ag_g
youtube.com/watch?v=RvXkx3IcOi4
youtube.com/watch?v=vIi57zhDl78
youtube.com/watch?v=vTU2iSdsU8Q
rbt.asia/mu/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=currents
rbt.asia/mu/?task=search&ghost=yes&search_text=\https://i-d.vice.com/en_au/article/life-after-whimsy-joanna-newsom-is-no-ethereal-creature
rbt.asia/mu/?task=search2&ghost=yes&search_text=art angels&search_subject=&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_media_hash=&search_op=op&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post
youtube.com/watch?v=5MulmxQi3ms
clyp.it/pgk1bj2k
clyp.it/xafy2ndg
youtube.com/watch?v=qsbiyvpel54
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Literally anything shits on grimes even fucking tame impala

People already forgot about Currents and they still can't keep their mouths shut about AOTY 2015 and 2016: Art Angels. AA left a big mark (at least on Sup Forums). Shame that P4K robbed AA from that 9.1 rating that Currents got.

Do you know why AA > Currents? Because Currents doesn't have anything amazing besides the great intro. AA has a shitload of great tunes. The run from Kill V. Maim to Butterfly is flawless.

/thread

lol

Are you retarded?
their video has 24m views dumbass youtube.com/watch?v=sBzrzS1Ag_g
show me one song off AA with 24m views
grimes only sold 11k records on her first week
not even counting their spotify plays
fucking idiot

is everyone just ripping off Panda Bear now?

>doesn't have anything amazing besides the great intro
>let it happen
>nangs
>the moment
>new person, same old mistakes

lmao grimes is 2 years younger than kevin parker and she isn't even close to his league

since when has successful music been good?

when every critic and even rihanna(who rejected grimes shitty song) praises the album
its damn fucking good

damn what do i have to do to have rihanna reject my song

Are you retarded?
1. Currents was released in July 2015 and AA in Nov 2015. It had more time to bulid popularity.
2. Tame Impala are more globally popular than Grimes, but their latest album is kind of forgotten now. Grimes is discussed more often than TI.
3. You you combine the views of all AA videos they're about in the same range as the views of the all Currents videos combined (minus 9-10 mil views). She has yet to release a video for Venus Fly that will feature Janelle Monae and I'm sure it will get 15 mil views pretty fast.

She's more innovative and exciting than him. Oh, and she could do psychedelia better than him: youtube.com/watch?v=RvXkx3IcOi4

Rihanna was silly for rejecting Go: youtube.com/watch?v=vIi57zhDl78 It could have been a huge hit.

>1. Currents was released in July 2015 and AA in Nov 2015. It had more time to bulid popularity.
Again are you retarded? the music video came out nov 29 and has 24m views
realiti came out march 8 and still only has 15m views you are pathetic lmao
I don't hear any guitars bb?
youtube.com/watch?v=vTU2iSdsU8Q

everyone just pretends to like grimes cause shes a girl

>the music video came out nov 29 and has 24m views
But the song has been available to listen since July, you stupid fuck. Realiti was released in March 2015 as a low key demo with a budget video; the song wasn't even supposed to be on AA. Tell me other demo with 15 mil views.

>pretends
What sad hipster would do that?

Okay you are retarded.
music videos are music videos. Grimes released hers earlier than tame impala and still can't get the same amount of views
realiti is on art angels
you have zero arguments which is just SAD!

no genius i liked artangels before i found out she's a girl

>you have zero arguments which is just SAD!
You are stupid and retarded. Your Youtube views argument was a strawman in the first place. Youtube views mean shit. My initial point was:
>People already forgot about Currents and they still can't keep their mouths shut about AOTY 2015 and 2016: Art Angels. AA left a big mark (at least on Sup Forums).
When was the last time you've seen any Currents discussion, except ITT?

>When was the last time you've seen any Currents discussion, except ITT?
everyday actually rbt.asia/mu/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=currents
and its not the same 4-5 autist like yourself repeating the same copypasta
again you are stupid and retarded
sad!

Currents is perfect, i listen to the whole thing at least once everyday
I don't know who Grimes is and i won't bother because of Sup Forums going all day about her

>mushy, ragged shit is better than diarrea

well, yes, but you should eat better anyway

wonder what their fugly singer would think of this drivel. sad!

>rbt.asia/mu/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=currents
That's weak. Sometimes just 2 times per day. AA blows Currents apart.

Stay stupid, retarded and irrelevant.

>doesn't know kevin is the band and only has the others for live shows
sad!

Notice how i said its not the same 4-5 autist repeating the same copypasta
Not surprise an idiot like you can't read.
kevin parker > grimes
you have zero argument

Wow, you must be really sad if you're projecting this hard. On every single shitty post of you there's "sad". Cheer up, pathetic hipster.

You said "the same 4-5 autist repeating the same copypasta" but could you prove that, sad hipster? Talking out of your ass doesn't count as an argument.

>kevin parker > grimes
(You)

I heard songs from Currents playing at a fucking Red Wings boot store. Normie as it gets.Then again they were also playing Mac Demarco. Maybe I just live in hipster city

here u go rbt.asia/mu/?task=search&ghost=yes&search_text=\https://i-d.vice.com/en_au/article/life-after-whimsy-joanna-newsom-is-no-ethereal-creature

>p4k core indieshit synths edition
I don't hate either artist but they're both so fucking overrrated it makes my head spin

Sounds to me more like they met and Grimes was so nice to her that Joanna felt obligated to say something.

>it sounds like grimeth was acting on her own nerves. she can be very nice

didn't mean to quote

Grimes is discussed more than Tame Impala on Sup Forums and literally nowhere else.

Fpbp

>it has more youtube views so its better
Epic Rap Battles = new age of hip hop
Also Gangnam Style is the best song OF ALL TIME

most people haven't heard Grimes

For the record,
rbt.asia/mu/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=currents
5 OP mentions of Currents (including this thread) during the past two months.

rbt.asia/mu/?task=search2&ghost=yes&search_text=art angels&search_subject=&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_media_hash=&search_op=op&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post
21 OP mentions of Art Angels (including this thread) during the past two months. That's slightly over a 4:1 ratio of popularity on /mu itself.

thanks to 4-5 autist

Fuck are you talking about? Literally, and I do mean LITERALLY even my mom and my little sister listen to Grimes. People who don't even listen to music outside of car stereos know and like Grimes.

A) The plural of 'autist' is 'autists'.
B) Wouldn't matter, even if such were provably the case, because popularity is an objectively measurable phenomenon. It's a statistic.

grimes is for fucking nerds

Then why is her music so popular with vapid fashion types?

>Joanna felt obligated to say something
Joanna praised Grimes at least 3 different times. This is not a coincidence no matter how you're spinning it. Joanna said it very clearly: "she’s super, super talented. And she does everything! She produces completely on her own".

truth

>vapid

more like eccentrics

>boot store
The DJ of that store has good taste, that's all. I've heard New Order, Crystal Castles, Biosphere and Kate Bush on my local hypermarket, it doesn't meant they're mainstream where I live.

she just really liked meeting grimes

If Kevin Parker was a girl there would be as many Tame Impala threads here as Grimes threads

Different places different faces

I'm pretty normalfag most people I know at my work, from school, parties and friends mostly know Tame Impala opposed to Grimes
it's usually just the teenage girls that know Grimes in my case anyway

>A) The plural of 'autist' is 'autists'.
only an Autist would say this
hi Autist

This.

>these shit songs are considered good

If Kevin Parker was a girl im sure the Tame Impala hype would explode

I bet you'd see feminists say "Leave rock n roll to Tame Impala boys..."

>feel bad for liking music

feminism is dead tho
they can't produce any good content

poor girls

Or a person with knowledge of proper English grammar...

or an autist with zero argument

>Or an autistIC PERSON with zero argumentS.

sad!
youtube.com/watch?v=5MulmxQi3ms

None of that is true. Her music is for everyone that loves good songs and good aestethics. Everyone, from hipsters to grandmas, from electroheads to metalheads, from poptimists to the biggest elitists. Her music is universal.

it could happen to anyone

But he isn't. He's still very respected.

You could turn that backwards: if Grimes was a man, she would be taken more seriously as an artist by Sup Forums and people wouldn't focus so much on her appearance. She would be regarded as Aphex Twin or Trent Reznor (an enigmatic eccentric music genius).

But it didn't happen to anyone. Tell me other artists who are liked by all those categories of people.

mac demarco

yeah thats why they'd faun over Tame Impala if Kevin parker was a girl

Lol - that's the point I was making when I posted Grimes' music appeals to many different kinds of people - including ones you would never expect to have anything in common, such as nerds and fashionistas - and on lots of different levels. Her music has universal appeal.

>implying Sup Forums takes ariel pink seriously
that being said if grimes makes an industrial or IDM album I would totally give it a fair chance just for memes sake

art angels was disappointing compared to visions but at least it isnt secondhand retro revival garbage

FPBP
I haven't even listened to Art Angels and I actually listened to Grimes' last album, the singles just sounded so fucking boring.
Currents grows on you so much despite having more weak tracks then Lonerism.

wtf? is grimes a girl???

>she’s super, super talented. And she does everything!

That still sounds pretty condescending imo, like she's talking about a little girl. it's obviously clear a Joanna Newsom album requires hundreds of hours of work more, from the early composition to the final product, than whatever Grimes does

>I haven't even listened to Art Angels and I actually listened to Grimes' last album,

>That still sounds pretty condescending imo
Not if you're familiar with the way Joanna Newsom talks in interviews.

kill v maim lied

joanna felt very flattered by a young artist praising her, she wanted to endorse her out of respect

What's the point of this debate, they're both shit anyway

Grimes is more shit, because she's hipster trash.

Both albums are nice...

tame impala offends me

what the fuck did currents accomplish?

Why? They're one of the best bands around today.

On the topic of TI v. Grimes, for the time...
Currents = Visions > AA

OK, so you know better than Joanna. It makes sense.

>Visions > AA
Visions is a tiny bit better than AA because it's so immersive and emotional. But AA is also so fun.

good. hopefully you'll turn into an helicopter and leave this place.

Visions has some IDM influences. You should give this album a chance.
clyp.it/pgk1bj2k
clyp.it/xafy2ndg

>I haven't even listened to Art Angels and I actually listened to Grimes' last album
So, you listened to Art Angels (her last album) and didn't listen to Art Angels at the same time? You must be special.

Not only that, but I have all the reasons to believe Joanna genuinely loves Grimes' music. At very least, Visions. Joanna likes beautiful music and Grimes did beautiful music.

>Joanna likes beautiful music and Grimes did beautiful music.

Perhaps Joanna makes beautiful music but likes shitty music

>implying Grimes makes shitty music
Here's a test: describe this tune - youtube.com/watch?v=qsbiyvpel54