Girl I know listens to the Beatles

>girl I know listens to the Beatles
>ask her what's her least favorite Beatle
>"John"
>ask her why because he clearly wrote the best songs (Tomorrow Never Knows, Strawberry Fields Forever, A Day in the Life)
>"He's mean and I don't like his personality"
DROPPED

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/allsongs/2016/06/10/481256944/all-songs-1-a-conversation-with-paul-mccartney
youtube.com/watch?v=OjBoXrKEF7A&index=4&list=PL6CDCEBA7F4E72B8C
paulmccartney.com/news-blogs/news/paul-and-lily-cole-discuss-hope-for-the-future-full-transcript
youtube.com/watch?v=D_jijee20mU
beatlesbible.com/songs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

george > ringo > paul > john

tomorrow never knows is actually one of their worst songs

>Ringo above Paul
what a shit tier taste

My least favorite Beatle is Paul.
Don't get me wrong. He's very talented and quite good at what he does but he's not numero uno with me. (In case your wondering my absolute favorite is a tie between George and Ringo!)

>(Tomorrow Never Knows,

paul wrote that on his own

everywhere I've seen it's credited to Lennon so fuck off with your disinformaton

Ringo > George > Paul > Yoko > Dogshit > John

paul wrote that for john. he transcribed some verses from the tibetan book of the dead. he explains it in the biography many years from now by barry miles. read it. you'll learn a lot about the beatles songwriting process directly from paul.

it's a perfect legitimate reason to not listen to or like John Lennon. The guy was a jerk and did a lot of horrible stuff. How did Yoko Ono even put up with his bullshit, I have no idea. That girl should drop you.

Of course he'd credit the best song they made in their career to himself since John is no longer alive to protest.
McCartney is a scumbag and there's a reason why John and George hated him by the time break up occured.

does girl listen to lennon's solo stuff?

I'm pretty sure paul clearly can't write for shit if you go listen to any of his stuff after the beatles it's all crap bar like 3 songs.

>I judge artists by their personality and their personal lives instead of their musicianship

john mentions that paul got the lyrics from the tibetan book of the dead. it's in the beatles anthology book. it's too early to pull quotes and i got to get to class.

Well you didn't specifically ask her who her favorite songwriter in the Beatles is you fucking pleb

I don't actively dig out all of the skeleton's in someone's closet for that purpose, shithead. It's just when I stumble upon information such as musicians abusing people I just have a harder time enjoying their work. To go back to the example of the OP: how the fuck is a girl living in 2016 gonna tell you that her favorite Beatle is Lennon when he was a wife-beater?

literally everyone beat their wives in the 60's
Everyone just ganged up on John because he dumped his wife and got together with Yoko, even though his wife got 100k from the divorce, she still smeared him in public and british press was racist as fuck towards Yoko so that just added fuel to the fire.

>george > ringo > paul > john
>tomorrow never knows is actually one of their worst songs
holy fuck both of these opinions are horrible so much wrong in a single post

Paul >>>>>>>> John = George > Ringo

I'm really interested in learning about their songwriting process. About how much % of the book focuses on that, and how illuminating is it? I think I'll be buying it anyway, seems like a good read, but I'm curious about this specifically, as a songwriter

Paul is the only moral member (He's vegan) so he has to be moral.

Great artists are generally always fuckups or comprised in some way, it's shitty upbringings that bring great art out of them.

It's more of a biography. Get "Revolution in the Head if you want more of a musicological look at them. It's very very good, MacDonald's knowledge and analysis is the best.

Ringo is genuinely the only good Beatle. You're all fucking retarded for thinking otherwise. I'm not kidding, he's so much more talented than the others.

Don't you have to make some more """"art"""" on MS Paint, Ringo?

I'm not doing that anymore

John is the only one with interesting chord progressions, and it's clear they came to him intuitively.
Paul is a good musician and a better performer, but way way way to corny and predictable.

That being said, Brian Wilson is way better than both.

Thanks user, I'll check that out. I'm interested in an analysis of the songs, their composition, harmony etc. But I think I might get this bio too because what I'm REALLY interested in is the creative process, ie. "This happened, which gave me this idea, so I sat down and strummed this, and then decided I wanted the song to be darker so I did this..." Which is a type of first-hand breakdown I think I could only get from a Paul bio

A person becoming a musician doesn't suddenly stop him from being a person, you goddamn retard. A person being an utter piece of shit is perfect justification to hate him, even if that person becomes a musician. Stop spewing tired shitty rhetoric you pick up on a mongolian tapestry forum in a kneejerk reaction without thinking about what the fuck you're actually saying.

buy it! there are quite a few quotes directly from paul about how they wrote certain songs. 'revolution in the head' is great but it's more of an analysis of their music made by the author rather than one of the beatles speaking about it directly.

then there's this interview with paul:

npr.org/sections/allsongs/2016/06/10/481256944/all-songs-1-a-conversation-with-paul-mccartney

and then this thing ( starting at around 2:15):

youtube.com/watch?v=OjBoXrKEF7A&index=4&list=PL6CDCEBA7F4E72B8C

then there's this q&a:

paulmccartney.com/news-blogs/news/paul-and-lily-cole-discuss-hope-for-the-future-full-transcript

this little bit:
youtube.com/watch?v=D_jijee20mU

it's only paul stuff because unfortunately i couldn't find much about the other beatles talking about their process.

what the fuck

Dude Yoko was a bitch, they were a match made in heaven.
>Sir James Paul McCartney was the best, and is also my only god

>Ringo before Paul and John
>Harrison before Paul and John
What am I looking at

Thanks man! Already bought revolution in the head on kindle an am liking the first few pages already.

As someone who has a good grasp of the music-theory side of things, I've found it's a totally separate thing to turn that technicality into /good/ music, and it's tough to get a look into the heads of good songwriters as it relates to that. Checking out those links you posted. Again, thanks!

John> Paul= George> Ringo

Beatles is fucking shit

normie

what?

He called you a normie you faggot

I don't think that word means what you think it means

a normie would say that

you're welcome. i forgot about this shit here: beatlesbible.com/songs/ .it's a list with all their songs with descriptions and quotes from the guys about how they came up with the ideas and all kinds of cool shit. have fun, man.

and i meant you should buy 'many years from now' by barry miles but 'revolution in the head' is amazing, too. sorry if i wasn't too clear.

No, I knew what you meant. I'm getting both, but 'many years from now' isn't on kindle so I'm waiting on that

its also possible to separate the two spheres