twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You da man OP

Suarez pls save us from cup driver wins lol

>kentucky gets repaved
>Still only one groove
How

precisely because it was repaved.
It was a mistake
The old surface was worn out, bumpy as hell, and was producing damn fine racing with low downforce

Track officials put rubber into this fresh pavement for weeks leading up to this.
I don't understand why they didn't rubber in the entire surface. They just did the lower groove from what I saw

>They didnt rubber the entire surface
Wow. Yeah thats retarded.

They had trucks pulling trailers with a bank of racing tires running backwards around the track in order to rubber it up for like 6 weeks or something like that now

From what I could tell yesterday, they really only rubbered up the lower half to 2/3 of the new surface

Go figure

I'm a little upset he's not racing tonight.

Comfy morning turnleft

meh
He made an ass of himself last night

Who /race war/ here

/us against them/

>weepers BTFO

forgot we have to see rutledge "nu-male" wood now

>tfw /brown/ so I get to sit back and enjoy the show

I had hoped flannel would have died with the 1990s

But no, you millennial numales had to resurrect that shit

I'll never forgive your generation for not learning from the mistakes of the past

How much longer until Reed ruins somebody's race?

>The entire upper half of 1 has NO rubber on it
Ugh. Why did they do this?

why repave? i thought kentucky had good character with all the speedbumps

>OP WAS FINED $15,000 FOR THIS POST - POST DETRIMENTAL TO NASCAR

muh weepers

Sounds a bit like Belle Isle. Just because it has "character" doesn't mean it isn't shit. I mean it was just a cookie-cutter 1.5 mile track before right?

Texas is bumpy now too. That doesn't mean it isn't shit.

CAWSHUN

I'm ready

>de bris

>it's another jgr 1st 2nd 3rd episode

>der breeze is blowin

They are hella comfy tho

shit series shit channel

Not to mention real flannel is warm af. I wear them as work shirts during the fall.

That's true
I wore them because of that and my favorite subpop and rykodisc artists influenced me way too much at the time

I've been wondering. What does everyone still watch for?

I've been watching NASCAR since 2003 and I remember being drawn to the races and I absolutely could not miss any. Nowadays, I'll only throw on the race if I have absolutely nothing else to do (which is often b/c busy friends and no family), but I really don't get excited for them anymore and I start daydreaming and can't focus. Has anyone else experienced anything like that?

>Kyle raced in the truck race last night, the xfinity race tonight, and the cup race tomorrow night

Sounds like me with college basketball

it's because the racing has gotten boring (thanks to the newer car designs) and the drivers have gone from good honest country guys to a bunch of jawless trust-fund babies.

I'm just a caretaker at this point until the next phase of NASCAR comes through. Disliking Cup right now because most of the drivers are stale or unlikable, dislike NXS for obvious reasons, disliking Trucks for turning into the big track version of the K&N pay-to-win series and encouraging it with caution clock bullshit.

>Thinking that damage is fixable
>NASCAR allowing them to even take it back out
kek

poor cole

seriously, because competition in major racing series, with the exception of Indycar maybe, has really gone down

F1 sucks, NASCAR cup is increasingly noncompetitive, Busch>Nationwide>Xfinity is a disaster now. Trucks are OK, but not what they were

NASCAR is actually in a good spot right now imo.

Series is working with drivers to get the best package.
Good tv deals setup for a while.
Tons and tons of young talent.

ARCA's still pretty good but they're in a transition period right now with the new bodies. Gonna be small fields for another year or so before it takes off and little late model teams start moving in.

>ARCA at Iowa tomorrow
Will it be good m8s?

>Young talent
How much is being propped up by Toyota though? No one else breaks through.

If Bubba does not win this season, he's done

Probably, but it's airing on FS2 which literally nobody gets, myself included

Love Larson, Chase and Blaney 2bh. Agree tho it's hard to really judge the Toytoa guys just cuz the cars are so OP.

Since I'm trying to take the next step from being a race fan to making a career as a PR person, watching racing honestly feels more like my job now.

Nah, he's the only black guy and Roush fucking sucks. It's not like any other Roush cars are winning anything anywhere.

If you put Bubba in a JGR car he'd have multiple wins right now.

I'm not sold on Byron. I know he's won a ton, but anyone can win in K&N with a fast car, and the races he's dominated in Trucks have been the big triovals where you just keep it floored and stick it. If Toyota/TRD/KBM/JGR ever starts to falter from their throne, he might get left in the dust.

>he's the only black guy
only because this guy bombed out due to health reasons and a few off years for his team

Timing is everything

>Keselowski struggling to run in the top 5

>tfw indy is the best racing in america right now.

>Kyle still in the lead

>Ty Dillon on the radio
>"Please don't tell me how to drive anymore.''

Those Dillons are so prissy.

Penske Xfinity program has been surprisingly off this year. They're nowhere near JGR or JRM.

true

I like the low downforce package and the direction the Sprint Cup racing is going.

Xfinity could use some adjustments tho.

What you drinking lads?
Amber Bock here. Shits smooth.

Word.

IMSA has really come around too, honestly. Just a few tweaks away from being excellent again, in my opinion.

>Penske Xfinity program has been surprisingly off this year. They're nowhere near JGR or JRM.
Ryan Blaney 4th -1.639 sec

>six cars start and park
absolutely disgusting

New Belguim Rampant.

>getting your jimmies rustled by a kid with a super soaker

Generally speaking. Logano had the car to beat in Daytona too.

But as far as overall speed goes, it's JGR or JRM every week. Penske and RCR behind.

>someone is in turn 1 shooting Kyle Busch with a watergun

>falling for the IPA meme
I respect your tastes but I don't share them. Love fat tire tho.

thank NASCAR for that.
They starve the lower tier teams in Xfinity due to the payout schedule. Didn't used to be that way

Fat Tire is my favorite of theirs, but I do like IPAs sometimes.

I'm gonna be in the infield at Pocono, should I do this?

This after they shrunk the field from 43 to 40, too.

Just costs too damn much to run in this series, and unless you're a cup team you can't even sniff a top ten.

tasty

>Icehouse
>Ice
Is this some Natty Ice tier shit, or do i just assume that because ice is in the name?

A lot of money left all of the NASCAR series after the economy tanked in 2008. It's why the big teams pulled out of the truck series and why you almost never see a car with the same sponsor every week anymore.

It's not InBev Corp swill, so there's that

Fair enough. I wish I could get Yuengling over here. Miss the stuff.

Proof of mismanagement imho

Shit could have remained competitive despite that fact

Man. This has been boring lads.

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
NEXT

This is about a worst-case-scenario race, lad. Worst series, worst track layout, worst package.

Me too senpai

Me too

I live outside their distribution area
Shit sucks bro

I can only get it at 1 bar in my city, and it costs like $8 per bottle

NASCAR browsing Sup Forums confirmed

>cup drivers racing in an xfinity race with a shitty package at 1.5 mile speedway

to think IRP lost it's race to IMS

If I were an eccentric billionaire, I would restart the IROC series. Paying each driver several million dollars if necessary.

12 races
>4 stock car
>4 open wheel
>4 le mans prototype

Half the races on ovals half the races on road courses. To help make things more feasible, I would have a few double headers.
>Open wheel at Indy and the Indy road course
>Stock cars at Daytona and road course
There are a couple other races I really want, LM at Laguna Seca, open wheel at New Hampshire, and stock car on a dirt track.

Can you offer some other suggestions, I'll fully admit my non-NASCAR knowledge is lacking.

>$8 a bottle Yuengling
WEW lad
Not saying I expected it to be good. But not sure I expected it to be this bad either.

>IRP

The first place I ever experienced a NASCAR race live

Been chasing that experience ever since

Okay and to break that down a little bit here's what we have

>stock car
Daytona
Daytona road course
Dirt track
??? I would think a short track like Martinsville or Richmond

>Open wheel
Indy
Indy road course
New Hampshire
??? Should be a road course

>LM
Laguna Seca
??? 2 road courses and one oval

>live in pa
>yuengling outside of distribution area
how

It even sells in Mass now and it's probably the best bang for your buck at a bar if you don't want absolute piss from the tap.

Autism is only running -0.253 sec
Could be worse

>Xfinity series
>Expectations

Please hit the Mega Millions 1 hour from now.

West of the Mississippi now
Used to live in WV/PA

>Endurance racing, stock car, and open wheel championship combined into one
Sounds like an unmarketable clusterfuck, honestly, lad. It'd be a spending nightmare for teams to be running three separate kinds of cars during the season, and the only people who would watch would be HARDCORE motorsports fans.

Do the same thing with one kind of car instead? I'm in.
>Indycars at Daytona Road course
hnng

>expected to enjoy Road America last year
>that shit show of an ending
>muh nards win

had it coming I guess

This yota commercial could be the narwhals of the NBC part of this season, especially since it's played during every break.

Brendan's win at RA was cool though

youtu.be/VYy77IGsBFc

In the IROC series, there are no individual teams competing. Every driver is given an identical (or close to identical as possible) car by the sanctioning body. The races are short enough that refueling and tire changes are not necessary. Theoretically, a non-competitive caution and pit stop could be included to increase the length of the race.

Huh. Thanks for educating my ass.

In that case?
>Open Wheel and LM
Laguna
Road America
Barber
Sebring
Long Beach
Mosport

Should Jack swallow his pride and ask Roger Penske for help? It'd help the Fords so much if Roush could get their shit together.

>duh breeze is blowing on Race Control

yeah the rain part way through the race was great too.