When did you stop giving a fuck about whats approved?

When did you stop giving a fuck about whats approved?

Pleb/patrician and the general essential chart were both started to fuck with board and they get treated like the bible, it's so embarissing how insecure most here are, rather latch onto an "approved" limited selection of pop/rock rather than openly explore the world of music because someone on Sup Forums might call them a pleb.

9-10 years ago, way before posting on Sup Forums. Thanks for posting my rambling.

Thought it summed it pretty well m8

when i realized rym and Sup Forums are a hivemind that care more about image than compositional skill, originality or entertainment value
when i stopped trying to put myself above whatever straw man i think is "unacceptable and cringeworthy" or something because of my own low self-esteem, including the music they may make or appreciate

Excuse my grammar errors. I wrote that in an instant and English isn't my first laguage.

One month into posting on Sup Forums
I took the advice of the people that seemed reasonable before I could even finish listening to the very top of the chart

Who here actually thinks otherwise? Besides the trolls I mean

Sadly, lots

What evidence do you have besides people occasionally enjoying well known jazz records?

Only on a board as shitty as this "forming your own opinions" would be seen as some kind of intellectual act

When I started listening to jazz and realized that Miles Davis is better than Charlie Parker to listen to

I was working my way through the Sup Forums essentials chart when I got here because I thought it'd make me a cool patrician and I would fit in, but most of it was awful and I realized the best way to fit in on this board is to keep up with the memes.

>there is no good or bad
>when you think Swans is better than Taylor Swift
>you've been brainwashed
>good goyim continue being delusional
>I'll take my pill that makes me better than you and understand everything

when I listened to Mingus's black lady and sinner saint and hated it and listened to The Rippingtons and loved it
Smooth jazz is just better.

when i was born, biatch

>TS vs Random band meme

It's not that there's no such thing as good or bad bands. It's that it's up to you decide which is what.

you're still spooked because you believe that certain genres are "better" though
but that's the case

>>when you think Swans is better than Taylor Swift
>>you've been brainwashed
no one said that

>When did you stop giving a fuck about whats approved?

What are you a fucking retard? Here let me rephrase the question:

>When did you stop caring about the opinions of others?

AKA

>When did you become the uber contrarian whose in denial of his own social needs?

Fuck off kiddo

I'm curious

Literally never did. Anyone who knows anything about how to play music, theory, performing or being in a band instantly recognizes this board for what it is.

Talentless non-musicians with no grounds to feel special about their taste trying to belong to a group and feel special by patting eachother on the back for liking the same small cluster of semi-obscure indie pop artists, albums and genres.

Wot is CLT?

What's CLT

So in your mind, posting on a Sup Forums board requires that you join the hivemind like a redditor?

you could still listen to the rest and see if you like them

it's like that with everything, everywhere

everyone perpetuating the meme that there's essential listening, for one

newfags out

i miss CLT and Hampus

also you're delusional if you think CLT had that much sway. the pleb/patrician dichotomy has been on Sup Forums since at least 2010, CLT was just a reflection of the insecurity of music nerds

Except it's not you literal high schooler.

Essential in the sense that they are famous and will start conversations easily on Sup Forums

hampus is still here tho

used to be more active

more like aka
>When did you recognize the hivemind is almost entirely arbitrary
>When did you realize no one cares what your music taste is until you have to put something on in a social setting
>When did you start to critically think

Not new to Sup Forums but I only visit Sup Forums for maybe 10 mins every now and then to harvest a list of bands to listen to because frankly this board is good for nothing else.

Yeah. And you could listen to both. Only imbeciles choose to put themselves in a narrow box.

This depends. Who the fuck is gonna listen to some obscure music from the 60s just because "you may like it"? Of course I'm gonna listen to what's popular and "approved" until 2000s or 2010s or whatever when I can actually listen to new obscure stuff and find something interesting.

>like Reddit
>criticizing reddit on Sup Forums
You either admit you're part of the hivemind, or are in denial you're part of the hivemind.

>critically think

Oh boy. You people are children. Read up on psychology beyond that class you took in high school. Maybe you'll realize there's no magical decision making part of the brain.

why listen to anything other than the Rolling Stones top 1000 albums then, why come here and use the essentials chart of scaruffi

>Who the fuck is gonna listen to some obscure music from the 60s just because "you may like it"?
a lot of people including me, why wouldn't you? why wouldn't you listen to something, it could become your next favorite album. Like holy shit how is this even an argument.

so what is your "redpill" other than
>read a book because i don't actually want to talk about this i just came here to be a cunt

I miss Lazare and JakeGyllenhaal

If you rely on others' opinions instead of creating your own, you're pathetic. The majority of Sup Forums are elitist 14 year olds who spam the hell out of shitty music they like.

>If you rely on others' opinions instead of creating your own, you're pathetic.
nah but you do have to learn to pick and choose between them
there's no real "ownership" involved with opinions anyways

When i realized that the essentials are not necessarily essential because they are great, but because they are high high quality, accessable records by well known artists.

Also when i realized it's impossible to for sure ascertain whst is objectively good music without lots of bullshit psuedo science and assumptions, so the whole game is pointless anyway.