Remember when star wars movies gave you good angles and long...

Remember when star wars movies gave you good angles and long, steady shots of the lightsaber duels and didn't have shit choreography or do tons of close ups, shaky cam, or obscure lots of the action with objects like trees in the foreground to hide it?

>the prequels are shit, ok at best

Fine, but at least George knew how to film a fight like this so you could get a good idea of what was going on. That part where obi and ani spin their lightsabers around for no apparent reason and don't even make contact may be stupid, but people remember it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YdgmH9Vv2-I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Remember the shity acting and CGI or do you remember the racist stereotypes

"Better to be memorable trash than popular with normies" - Sup Forums

I thought TFA's fight cinematography was fairly decent. It gave the blows actual weight.

yeah. it sure would have been nice to see the blows but it was directed like the editor had ADHD and kept changing the angles constantly.

There are a lot more movies with good choreography than there are with good fight scenes.

the choreography was amateurish and overdone, the cgi was poop and a major component of every fight scene, acting was poor -- I think you're just a faggot tbqh familio

I thought you were making fun of the prequels too until the greentext. Just give it up, faggots. Star Wars died with the second Ewoks movie. You've got five classics. Move on.

>amateurish
bad bait.

>I thought you were making fun of the prequels too until the greentext
did you miss the end where i talked about the spinny sabers? some of it is stupid. i get it, but at least you can watch the fight happen. TFA had close ups and shaky cam, and when it didn't there was shit in the foreground obscuring the action and making it difficult to tell what was happening.

>Remember when star wars movies gave you good angles and long, steady shots of the lightsaber duels and didn't have shit choreography or do tons of close ups, shaky cam, or obscure lots of the action with objects like trees in the foreground to hide it?

yeah i do

youtube.com/watch?v=YdgmH9Vv2-I

I don't give a shit which piece of shit was shittier.

The reason people remember the spinning lightsaber scene was because it was all you needed to know about how these fights are shot. Pointless, flashly choreography; boring camera angels; and poorly done CGI backgrounds.

you sound upset

>I need to see the shiny swords every movement otherwise I lose any emotional weight in the scene

Autism, the post

bad bait. in the prequels you can actually see the fights and understand what they're doing.

>i'm ok with not actually seeing the fight scenes
bad bait, the post.

He's completely right.

None of the SW movies had difficult to follow fights. Why are you bringing it up?

100% opinion. you don't like flashy fight scenes. don't watch them. it's fact that TFA's fight scene had lots of close ups, shaky cam, and obscuring objects.

>None of the SW movies had difficult to follow fights.

that was true until TFA came out.