Anybody know any good tips for warhammer painting?

Anybody know any good tips for warhammer painting?

Other urls found in this thread:

reapermini.com/miniatures/bones
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Its just skill and patience, just like anything else.

Do you have any prior experience to models?

Yeah, I've painted about 30-40 space marines, Tau, and orks. I just want to be able to really make them look unique or well done.

Thin your paints and take your time

Skill in dry brushing will always help. That's about one of the most important skills you can learn. Try some Reaper Bones minis if you want to learn how to do regular painting better since they run about 2$ a pop.

Well like i said it will just take time and practice. As you paint more and more you will get better, its not just going to happen at once.

Privateer press paints are good, and don't use the Base white paints from Games Workshop, the layer is better and the spray is the best. I've painted over 150 models and I can say for sure it's best to just practice with some cheap reaper minis and always make sure you paint on a full stomach.

Here's a few of my best ones so far, I just want to make them something I'd really be proud of though.

/tg/

they look pretty good fam you should already be proud.

He may have wanted some Sup Forums advice, maybe he wants us to give him something crazy.

Abbadon in the pooper if this gets dubs.

Oh Fuck!

Thanks, man. I had only recently been told that thinning is super important, it's what made the space marine on the lefts yellow armor work so well. Then I made him all bloody and muddy. I tried using nail polish gloss to make rain effects.

abandon'd and check'd

I'd rather take a big inhale of nuln pop up the nose. That shit smells like a decaying baby. Op here btw

don't worry user, you'll have plenty of time to practice with all the kids you'll never have to raise, just kidding fam

Oil* not sure how I got pop, but iPhones can't spell check properly.

I'll feed them my expensive citadel paint. That way they will stay out of the way.

Just make sure you always paint on a full tummy, don't worry too much about the fancier paints and stuff, layers like privateer press work great and edge highlights are amazing. Longbeard grey drybrush is amazing, and nulin oil will be your best friend.

And Reaper and amazon have great brushes for sale, the "Psycho" brush is a pretty good one.

Download TamperMonkey, 4chanX, and NameSync if you wanna use Sup Forums for advice more often.

Also, go to Dakka Dakka, it's a website full of great advice

I sorta understand the full tummy thing.. Is it because your muscles are more relaxed?

You can't hold still quite as easy hungry and you get the jitters.

Ork rule 34 plz

that makes sense, I've noticed I get very antsy when I haven't eaten.

Etch highlighting was extrememly hard when I started out for me. It seems to get pretty easy with practice. This is probably my best etch highlight so far.

It's the same trick with guns, be full. And when doing a lot of tricky things to it when exhaling rather than holding your breath. Been doing this hobby for a while and I can't say how helpful that is.

And while your at it, reapermini.com/miniatures/bones
Buy some kobolds from here for like 3$. Practice at a cheap price.

>there is literally a containment board for all things 40k
>even a high post volume /wip/ threat all day every day
Enjoy
Also, thin your paints and follow the advice of demi god duncan

Heh, thanks. I'm on Sup Forums only once in a while. Good to know that a lot of warhammer fans are on here

Sup Forums is one big fan

I'm not even sure if I'm gonna play the actual game, the paint itself is what interested me.

Well that's a shame, since you fucking suck at painting them.

Cocaine.

I thought it was strange that someone had not said something like that yet.

dubs have spoken

The manners here are pretty amazing.

Very polite. Dinner party polite if I do say so myself.

I do appreciate all the advice guys, thanks for the help. The advice you gave me is more than I have gotten from YouTube.

No probs op.