Why can't this board stop circlejerking about this album? Loveless too

Why can't this board stop circlejerking about this album? Loveless too.

basic albums for basic people

Pet sounds at least. i havent listened to loveless yet and i dont plan to

pet sounds and loveless are objectively the two best Sup Forumscore albums

Thought Pet Sounds was boring.

Dont understand why its so acclaimed

how? please explain

Just didn't do much for me. There are many better albums from the late '60s.

This album is groundbreaking and amazing, loveless is fucking awful, please don't group the two.

It's all really a matter of opinion.

I agree, Song Cycle is better than Pet Sounds.

No it's not, these are objective facts.

Pet sounds is objectively good

Loveless is a terrible album that relies on a gimmick in a non existent genre

That's just your point of view on the topic.

Yeah! How dare anyone enjoy one of the most highly acclaimed albums of all time!

No

Actually, its just your opinion that the statement is simply a point of view rather than objective fact.
You can't prove otherwise.

Pop music isn't really about objective good or bad. It's just your opinion on what you think sounds good.

honestly and unironically The Smile Sessions is miles ahead of Pet Sounds
if you didn't like PS go listen to TSS, if you didn't like that either stop listening to Beach Boys
to quote anthony kiedis
"if ya got ta ask, you'll nevah know"

Wrong

If pop music is about one's opinion than why are you touting your opinion(i.e. that pop music is about opnion) as objective fact? And yet you attempt to stop others from doing the same?

Wow, clever post.
>opinion is subjective
>huhuhu but that's just your opinion!!!
Fact =! Opinion
Is this a shitpost?

It's objective fact that pop music is all about personal opinion. If you want to listen to objectively good music, you know wehre to go.

And the whole post went over your head.. Ill try to simplify for you..
Exactly what I am saying.
Then why are you trying to push your opinion as fact and criticizing others for the same? "Pop music is about your opinion" sounds like a fatass opinion to me.
Its not a shitpost, sorry you haven't gotten your grade 10 yet man. You know this site is for 18yo and up right ?

I like how when questioned, you revert to calling the offending poster underage. I love when you get flustered like this. Really shows how sound you think your argument is. By the way, it's not my opinion, just butted in to say that. Either way, you seem to be touting your opinion around as a fact just as much as he was. Cognitive dissonance, look it up. Might help you understand yourself better. There is no solid, arbitrary definition of what music is "good" and what music is "bad", it's all based around opinion. That isn't my opinion on the subject, by the way, that's just fact by common sense. Please, if you're going to respond to me, try to bring an argument with you.

Dear god I fucking HATE Pet Sounds with a passion. It isn't even a case of "it's an okay album that was overhyped until it was bad" or anything like that. It's a crock of cut and paste tryhard bullshit that skips right over experimental and into contrived and boring. The Beach Boys are garbage to begin with and Pet Sounds, much like a lot of their discography, is just a desperate attempt to conform to what they're told will sell. It's a desperate, garbage album and I'm tired of hearing about it.

You're allowed to like it. It can be your favorite album and I really wouldn't care. But there is NO reason for it to be considered objectively one of the best albums of all time. It does NOT deserve to have its dick sucked left and right by Sup Forumstants and normies alike. It shouldn't even be so that everyone loves an album so much that a person such as myself who thought it was awful is driven to anger by even seeing it or hearing it mentioned because of how frustrating the whole situation is. It's only subjectively good and even that's debatable.

Fuck Pet Sounds and fuck the Beach Boys.

Some music really is objective good though, and it's not any kind of pop or rock.

Don't tell me what to do faggot. I fuck your mum in ass

Munchhausen trilemma etc

Beach Boys were a girl band. Loveless is mediocre. The only good thing about Shoegaze is that it made The Smashing Pumpkins possible (and they weren't even close to pure shoegaze)

Loveless is poopy. Pet Sounds in classic

>a desperate attempt to conform to what they're told will sell
Not really

let me guess, you're 18 and think you know better than most people

Sup Forums hates finding new music; much easier to talk about the same albums over & over again I guess.

Pet Sounds was great, then it got wrecked when Sgt. Peppers was released :) poor Brian Wilson

That is incorrect. What you just said is called an opinion, as in, it's not based in observable reality. Whatever your definition of "good" or "bad" is, I have no idea, but you've got to realize that it's only your definition, not reality's. If you're talking about financial limits, the Beach Boys themselves spent over 50,000 dollars producing just Good Vibrations alone, let alone the rest of SMiLE, which by the way was ultimately scrapped in favor of Smiley Smile. If you're talking about the effort the artist put into the work, even staying on Good Vibrations, the song alone had over 90 hours of tape recorded, while even Pet Sounds was created with Brian Wilson convinced that he had worked so hard on the album that it would be considered the best rock album of all time. If you're talking about "music that sounds good", that's the definition of an opinion. Red isn't the best color, pizza isn't the best food, and Ford isn't the best car company. It depends on what your opinion on "best" means. It's what's most satisfying to you personally. I'm genuinely convinced this is a shitpost, because I'm at the point that I literally have to describe the idea of an opinion to you.
How did the saying go again? "If you don't like it, that doesn't mean it's no good"? Seems you never learned that.

Objectively good music makes you shit yourself in awe at what humanity is capable of. It is an experience of the divine. Pop music, however, can make you feel an emotion or two, but that's about it. Objectively inferior.

>"if ya got ta ask, you'll nevah know"
this basically sums it up

Stop trying to save face by pretending that poster wasn't you. We all know it was fag.
Anyways..
Actually you're right to say that's not your opinion on the subject, because it is in fact a completely false statement. Bullshit.
There is objectively good and bad music so long as you have a metric for it. As is the case for all subject of good vs bad. What differentiates a good bed sheet vs a bad bed sheet? Thread county and quality. Why is the devil worse than god? God inflict less pain.
So give me a metric and ill give you a list of good and bad songs, and even the BEST and WORST song. What is the longest song ever? I could theoretically produce a list of songs from best to worst in that category. What song has the largest range of frequencies? I could also theoretically produce a list of best to worst.

babby's first contrarian opinion

wow this post is embarrassing

Dear god I fucking HATE In the Aeroplane Over the Sea with a passion. It isn't even a case of "it's an okay album that was overhyped until it was bad" or anything like that. It's a crock of cut and paste tryhard bullshit that skips right over experimental and into contrived and boring. Neutral Milk Hotel is garbage to begin with and In the Aeroplane Over the Sea, much like a lot of their discography, is just a desperate attempt to conform to what they're told will sell. It's a desperate, garbage album and I'm tired of hearing about it.

You're allowed to like it. It can be your favorite album and I really wouldn't care. But there is NO reason for it to be considered objectively one of the best albums of all time. It does NOT deserve to have its dick sucked left and right by Sup Forumstants and normies alike. It shouldn't even be so that everyone loves an album so much that a person such as myself who thought it was awful is driven to anger by even seeing it or hearing it mentioned because of how frustrating the whole situation is. It's only subjectively good and even that's debatable.

Fuck In the Aeroplane Over the Sea and fuck Neutral Milk Hotel.

>objective good
oxymoron. something can be objectively true or false. Whether or not it is good is for the listener to decide.

Dear god I fucking HATE Loveless with a passion. It isn't even a case of "it's an okay album that was overhyped until it was bad" or anything like that. It's a crock of cut and paste tryhard bullshit that skips right over experimental and into contrived and boring. MBV are garbage to begin with and Loveless, much like a lot of their discography, is just a desperate attempt to conform to what they're told will sell. It's a desperate, garbage album and I'm tired of hearing about it.

Fuck Loveless and fuck My Bloody Valentine.

Pop music can make some people "shit [themselves] in awe of what humanity is capable of". It's their opinion what can make them do that. Progressive rock and genres like that might just sound like noise or just bad to them, it just doesn't do it for them like pop would. Besides, some people might not see music that makes them feel to be good. Some people might see that as a negative. I'm not saying I do, I'm just saying that others can and will, making the ideas of "good" and "bad" subjective.
Heh, hi, I think you're a bit frustrated. I don't think you read my other post here, but in that one I pretty much explain why good and bad are subjective. I met someone like you once, earlier in a Sup Forums thread about the moon landings, dude was arguing about it with another user and when they were done I asked him for his facts on the matter and he tried to say that I was the other user trying again at the argument and refused to provide any substance. You're shitposting right now, don't try and think you've fooled me
A bed sheet with lots of threads isn't "good", but it will provide more warmth and use for those seeking to use it for sleeping or resting. Take, for example, the artist who hopes to use a loosely woven blanket for a piece of artwork he or she is creating. In this context, a loosely woven blanket would be "good" for the artist because it is serving its need in the moment. I think you should calm down a bit and self reflect on your definitions of good and bad. The universe doesn't have opinions, people do, and when there's over 7 billion of us, no one opinion will count as fact. It only depends on what's true. If a chemical compound turns green when another chemical is added, it didn't turn into the best color, it turned green. If ISIS kills someone, they're not bad, although I'm not saying I think they're not bad, if you only want to discuss facts, then you would say that ISIS killed someone. Opinion is subjective.

If you truly study and listen to a lot of different kinds of music, you will be able to discover which kind comes closest to God.

Saving this copypasta

Amazing post, brother! Together, we may bring as many degenerates into the glory and light that is Jesus Christ (praise be upon him) as possible!
Stay classy.

I meant in a metaphorical sense. You can be an atheist and still enjoy music.

i like loveless and i like pet sounds, how can they be bad