tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/r/rage_against_the_machine/bombtrack_btab.htm
clyp.it/nlh3totb
youtube.com/watch?v=CYNnqKA1AKo
clyp.it/xk2ywgrj
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for drums are the best instrument

no. piano

3rd for go Gibson or go home

what does /gg/ think of the new charvel pro mods?

Charvel is owned by Fender so it's shit.

Actually it's the marimba

t-24 hours

They look pretty sexy.

Will Strats ever come back in style? And more importantly, when will the offset meme die?

It'll pass before you know it bro, let us know how it plays.

will do

How much do you guys need fret inlays? I'm putting together a custom build and don't know if I should go completely inlay less. Usually side dots are enough, but in some dark venues I feel like I need something to see on the top too.

The only people who play semi-hollows are blues dads/hipsters who want to pretend their a 1936 negro in Louisiana.

>tfw last hours before getting the package
I've felt this twice this year already, good times.

They already are back in style. It's way cooler too play a strat than an offset right now.

I think you should at least put one on the 12th. I don't really look at the fretboard, but having the 12 is a good reference when your moving all around.

Couple of years ago I bought a guitar with sole inlay being on the 12th fret. Took a week to get used to.

Dots aren't that big of a deal when it's primarily muscle memory that drives your hand.

Who does the best equipment demos?

They're nice, but ultimately side dots are enough. And even then once I get into the right position I can move about freely without looking. Try this. Put painters tape in between all your frets. All of them, so you don't look for patterns. See you you can play like that.

Dots on the side are necessary, as well as an inlay on the 12th. Anything else is a bonus

>TFW girlfriend told me she got me the 6505mh for Xmas

How do I survive the 25 day wait lads?

objectively wrong

The hype is real

Pretty much this. I keep all of my normal expenses as low as possible and save up money every single month. In a year I got more than enough for a really nice guitar, it's really not that hard.

Eat pussy for 24 to make sure she sticks around

Just think of BIG RIFFS

Fender v. Vox v. Egnater for crystal, pure white, bathroom tile, just out of the power shower cleans.

Dots on 3, 5, 7, 9, double dot on 12, across both octaves, 24 frets is a must, dot inlays both on the fretboard and on the side.
Maybe I'm just severely autistic but I hate playing anything with different inlays or dots.

Anyone ever heard of hagstrom guitars?

thinking of buying this 12 string used but cant find much info on them pricewise

>tfw you realize Chappers just steals good guitars and puts his logo and headstock on it.

Thomann has them in stock. Check that out for new prices. I think they're a Swedish brand.

>tfw garbage
how much will the 10hr routine help me

So have most successful companies though.

good idea, but they dont seem to carry any of the acoustics

>just steals good guitars
*steals blanks from the korean factory that does ESP-LTD/Schecter/PRS

As long as there's no inlay on the 1st fret, I'm fine.

1st fret inlays are gross

Is that the Steve vai one? I couldn't get through it.

What did help me though, years ago, was John petruccis rock discipline. I liked it a lot because they made very good warm up exercises, and a lot of them are basically the same. The focus is picking and finger independence. One part is all a major arpeggio that you move across the neck atonally and pick it differently. All down strokes, all up strokes, sweep, alternate, skip 1 string, skip 2 strings , etc.

I haven't practiced those in years, but I made a lot of progress with it.

okay /gg/ i need your help.

Bought a Tour TKO 115 back in like 2012, stopped playing for years and just left it in my living room. when i moved it upstairs i noticed the smell, my cat fucking pissed on the thing, right in the front where the speaker is. i plugged in and noticed an idle hissing, didn't even have to play, then i unplugged the chord and the hissing was still there. no sound option could fix it.

it sounds like it's coming from the tweeter (that's what theyre called right? market it on the pic). so what can be done to fix this and how much will it cost me?

NO THE HISSING IS NOT MY CAT

i dont know man, you can do pretty cool shit with semi-hollows if you're creative enough

3:03
youtube.com/watch?v=T-Wyp8YXzW8

im not watching that

Good call. It was some total art-student-type bullshit

Still no answer. Honestly, could be 4 things I think. The noise was always there and you didn't notice it then(happens all the time), it's a bad capacitor, there's a bad ground in the amp, or there's something on that circuit causing noise.

1. Nothing you can do.
2. If it ruptured it'd be noticeable, but unless it was several years old I doubt it, would need to be desoldered and replaced.
3. Wire might have came detached, has to be reattached.
4. Try plugging in it on different circuits. Ground loops, computers, tvs, fluorescent lights, and a ton of other things can introduce noise into a circuit. If your amp has a switch that says ground lift press it and see what happens.

This is awful on every level.

MYYY H000LAAYYYOOOOPPPPPP OOOOOAAAHHH

Serious question. What country is she from? If she's an american and is singing in that ridiculous accent then that's just fucking ridiculous.

I should have followed your advice

I love how the guitarist just plays along with the vocal melody. Very creative.

I was saved by an unskippable 30 second ad it seems

canadian, here's another one of their best.

youtube.com/watch?v=iBTNxZiMpxk

Lmao they're so weird and quirky i love it!!!!! Most people won't get it. Sad but true tbqfhfam

Just looked at your pic. Tweeters are generally rectangles. That appears to be a vent, it allows certain frequencies to escape instead of being muffled by the cab.

>canadian

Same fucking thing. She's putting on that ridiculous singing accent and it's cringe inducing.

>2indiefuckme

Accents aren't really surprising if someone comes from quebec since they speak "french" a lot.
But that does not excuse her shitty accent when singing. And it neither excuses the music as a whole, you can be canadian and do some nice stuff.
youtu.be/c8Yld8pAsB0?t=179

we can all agree that canadians are subhumans

They suck Muslim cock, of course they are.

not sure man, pressed the ground lift button and there's still noise, it's definitely the little tweeter or whatever though because the sounds coming directly from it, probably a fucked up circuit because my cat pissed in it.

>Put painters tape in between all your frets.
Not him, but this is a good idea. I'm gonna do this for a while. I think i rely on making stupid patterns with the inlays too much.

This. Who the hell doesn't know where the first fret is, ever. Also, ugly as fuck

>Tweeters are generally rectangles
No, they're not. What the fuck are you talking about? It's clearly a tweeter
A hissing tweeter is a common problem with midrange cabs like this one. Amp manufacturers like to put shitty tweeters to cut the costs. Chances are it was hissing straight out of the factory but I could be wrong. A new tweeter will cost you about 50 to 100€.

youtu.be/hEybz1sZPPI

Dug up an old Video.

Running a 1979 Guild S-70 into an Epi Valve Jr head with a NOS Sovtek and a new EXH tube, chained with my 1986 Peavey Envoy 110, into a 1989 KMD GV412-S.

Stylistically, I've changed since then. I wish my homeboy from this video wasn't in the army now. I miss those times.

Sadly, most of the gear I used back then was sold off when my family hit some hard times, even my beloved S-70.

Last chance to name that bassline!

clyp.it/j3xzude1

"I can't mute my strings - BZZZZZZ!"

It sounds bad though. Why are you trying to name this?

rolling stones - satisfaction?
saw your post in the other thread, has to be

clyp.it/qluttyzd
was i close?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS THANK YOU
Thats it! Whats this song called?

this doesn't sound like the satisfaction bassline at all m8

Fleetwood Mac - The Chain

>want to write in the style of a band
>band has next to no tab on the internet
>can't decipher the songs by myself because they're too complex

It sounds a lot like the guitar riff which would be easy to mix up in your head

if anything, look for lyrics with the chords.
listen long enough and build your lines.

>rage against the machine tabs are banned

what a bunch of fags, really punk rock there

Why are Rage against the Machine tabs banned?

>if anything, look for lyrics with the chords.
That's not a bad tip. But in my case it is absolutely useless as there's no vocals and probably next to no diatonic chords either.
youtube.com/watch?v=CNyKYVIsQ9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=CZEeTaFnRvE

Really all I can do is mess around on my guitar to try and emulate similar kind of sounds, and pray I'm lucky enough to find them.

it's not even a matter of banned tabs, there's just no tabs to begin with
RATM isn't too hard to find on a guitar though, so I think it's a non issue. But if I was a beginner who liked them I'd be pissed.

lawyers and the joy of copyrights
some other bands ban tabs because they want to sell some more tab books
I think in any case it is all very idiotic of them

The band or record lable dont want people to have it available for some reason

tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/r/rage_against_the_machine/bombtrack_btab.htm

clyp.it/nlh3totb

rate?
I'm getting more confident with the notes, need to work on my pulloffs and timing. Another problem is controlling the fret buzz.

my friend gave me a bass to play for like 5 days what should i do with it i dont play bass or guitar i drum though

Perform some shitty drum/bass and impress normies
youtube.com/watch?v=CYNnqKA1AKo

Stick your balls under the stings and twang yourself to ecstasy

Roland

Congratulations, you have de facto access to the whole punk genre repertoire

Constructive Criticism?
Don't listen past 1:00, not done. Literally just got a midi keyboard and have never used a drum machine before so its rough.
clyp.it/xk2ywgrj

Where do I start with learning scales? Seems like there's tons of different scales to practice, which ones do I need to know? If all of them, won't it take years to actually learn them all?

not a criticism, but 0:13 scared the shit out of me

Learn the major modes. If you learn the major scale over the entire fretboard you have learned the seven most commonly used scales in every key.

>sharing riffs

why do people do this

What's the best budget guitar for beginners? Planning on treating myself this Christmas

>>sharing riffs
What did he mean by this

Squire vintage modified.

Depends what kind of music you play and your budget. So how about telling us that huh?

Nice, thanks.

Amateur mistakes you made?
Used big wire cutters to cut string ends, didn't pay attention to the tips, which had a string between them. That was like 12 years ago. The guy at the store asked me why I needed 1 string the same day I bought a pack.

Couldn't figure out why my amp wasn't making sound, checked everything, messed with levels, messed with pedals, realized I never plugged my 18volt pedal in that's not connected to my power supply. That was 4 months ago, during soundcheck, no one noticed cause they were talking trash about the chick the bass player brought, including him.

Share, no one's perfect, we all did something dumb at one point. It's funny now.

You're out of tempo, and not just once, do the retakes. At 1:23 you're dragging so much a deaf person could notice that. The tapping (?) intro has an uneven tempo as well. Is there a melody there? I can't tell. If it's just improv, it's very bland, you're just playing B minor pentatonic scale. Also, if you're gonna use that screeching hi-gain tone, you better throw some fast runs in there for spice, otherwise mellow you tone out a little bit.

Well I'm not really sure but I'm mostly interested in Dinosaur Jr.-esque noise rock, the sort that's heavily distorted. My budget is anywhere from 100 to 500.

>Amateur mistakes you made?
I never used my pinky when working scales. 10 years later, I still don't use my pinky on leads unless absolutely necessary

That's not just an amateur mistake, that a bad habit. You have to use your pinky if your lead playing is any good.

For 350-500 you could get a nice mexican Fender tele or strat (best option IMO), or even the J Mascis signature squier jazzmaster (i haven't played it but it's supposed to be good)

Tell that to Django Reinhardt, Chuck Schuldiner, Michael Keene, etc

t. guy who is embarrassed about his improper technique

First time changing strings, I was a tonedeaf beginner so I just connected my guitar to a digital tuner and started tuning my strings up. On the 4th string I was having a hard time reaching a D, by the time I was nearing it I had to put a lot of force on the peg to keep going, suddenly, my string snapped, turns out I was trying to tune it an octave higher.

Thanks, I'll check these out, but for now another question: Shop locally or order online?

>Chuck Schuldiner, Michael Keene
>mentioning some worthless mealfags next to the great Django
Do you feel embarrassed yet?