Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OjecIllOEio
youtube.com/watch?v=CPbWMvQwroo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah...

nothing sounds more like depression than katy song

who cares depression is a meme anyway

it's pretty close.

Coming from someone who suffers from pretty severe depression in patches, that's not really the vibe I've gotten from the album.

I find the album pretty comfy and tranquil desu, depression gives me an overwhelming feeling of being weighed down and this doesn't really do that.

The only reason you fags like this album is cus "hurrdurr it's emotional", music wise it's the same old shit

no. depression feels like Sunn O))) except there isn't any kind of payoff behind it

Extremely close and at times does perfectly hit it, but overall this is album is an incredibly accurate portrayal of depression.

Lonesome Crowded West is the essential depression album

youtu.be/OjecIllOEio

pic related is my choice

other contenders are this or Pink Moon

I don't like listening to music or doing anything I enjoy when I'm being a depressed faggot but yeah TLCW would be a good fit.

Seconding I Live In Hope

depression feels like intense fear, hopelessness, shame and exhaustion. no album will ever be written or recorded by an artist in the grips of depression.
you can try to write about it retrospectively, or at a time when it's less intense, but a piece of music can't tell you what depression really feels like.

is completely right

it reminds me of Mother of the World except it's just the opening section repeated until whenever you recover

Yeah people don't seem to get it, you can't get anything done when you're in the grips of this shit, I can barely hold a conversation with someone, usually just try to keep it hidden and end up coming off like a dick.

The people who go around talking about how depressed they are, clearly aren't that depressed.

Yup

I also think this is depressing, but incredibly beautiful
youtube.com/watch?v=CPbWMvQwroo
Nick died overdosing on anti-depressants.

Depends. I've been hospitalized for major depressive disorder before, and spent the better part of this and last year daily wishing I would die (I'm waaaay better now though, thank you cymbalta), and I was able to mask what I was feeling enough to be able to function at work. I still felt awful, I just didn't let anyone else know it outright.

Although to be fair, I don't think I could have held it together if I openly started talking about how I felt

That's just plain wrong. No disrespect to your issues, but people can be depressed and appear (mostly) functioning. I'm no psychologist, but I feel pretty safe saying the life issues that cause depression in some are the same that cause mental breakdown scenes in others. People just handle stuff differently.

depression is like getting a big hug from someone you know who hates you and talks shit about you all the time.

because in that warmth/hug, you shield and hide yourself. but you know that act of hiding in that instance is wrong, because what you are shielding yourself with/settling with is wrong.

Shit's really, really bad.

It makes the sun too bright, it makes all food taste bad. And it always feels like you've said so much already, so there's this really crazy loss for words thing.