This is the cancer killing this board

Let's talk about this board. It's a real shame that the board dedicated to the best subject is the worst one. No other board has such rampant contrarianism (contrarianism is ok, but to an extent) and general close mindedness.

The real culprit here is "Sup Forumscore", an arbitrary bunch of albums that has been created so gullible idiots will endlessly circlejerk over them and shutdown discussion of any albums that doesn't fall into the Sup Forumscore category. It's a shame that instead of discussing and talking about music, the board is instead obsessed fighting which albums are acceptable to listen to by Sup Forumscore standards.

Sup Forumscore needs to be fucking abolished.

Other urls found in this thread:

Sup
youtube.com/watch?v=64x_RCArfjU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>"Sup Forumscore", an arbitrary bunch of albums that has been created so gullible idiots will endlessly circlejerk over them and shutdown discussion of any albums that doesn't fall into the Sup Forumscore category
No, Sup Forumscore just means that they are the most discussed and most often brought up albums here. For example, The Antlers used to be Sup Forumscore once, but not anymore because they aren't within that tier of musical works that get brought up often.

As autistic as this looks, you're not wrong. Unfortunately, Sup Forumscore isn't going anywhere.

don't be sad no one likes your favorite band it just means you're unique

how is pet sounds not on this? fuck off op you know nothing

Here's a redpill: there's no patrician or pleb music. These are buzzwords invented by CLT and Sup Forums swallowed them in an instant. Probably that dude is still laughing about Sup Forums being dumb like a sheep: instead listening to what they like and not giving a fuck about what others say, they listen only to "approved" music and reject massive amounts of music that they would probably like.

So, if you're dumb, play CLT's game, if you're smart, judge music for yourself and don't give a fuck about others' opinions. The choice is yours.

OP's pic is years old. How new are you?

Burial is no longer Sup Forumscore

Hey how about instead of abolishing mu core we abolish waifu threads like grimes and kpg?

>stop posting about what i don't like
Grimes =/= waifu threads. Also, freedom of speech.

They're not the reason the board is cancer
These guys are

Here's the redder redpill: Pleb vs. Patrician isn't about what the mob likes, but what can be appreciated as agreeable/good vs. disagreeable/ungood or as beautiful/sublime vs. mundane/mediocre.

Like all art, most people partake in music simply for pleasure or agreeable-ness, but the true purpose of music (again, as with all art), is the freeing encounter with the Sublime. To listen to music looking for this is to listen to it as a patrician.

Music, in particular, is a uniquely well-suited medium of art for an encounter with the Sublime, as described by pic related on the left.

This is a music board. 75% of the posts in grimes threads are just pictures of her. Move to /trash/ that's where you belong

This.
But this is also correct. As a Grimesfag, there are other Grimesfags that need to learn how to focus on the music.

Here's the reddest redpill: music taste is subjective. Good or bad is in the ears of the beholder. Period.

at least kpop guys are smart and sitting in their generals not touching anyone.
grimesfaggots on the other hand are the worst scum of this board. you literally cant name a worse one.

Ey man you hear of this thing 'universal subjective judgments'?

>complaining about pictures posted on a picture board
Take a look here: Sup Forums.org/rules
>Discuss music, artists, and instruments here. All images should relate to the topic at hand.
These are the rules, Grimes threads respect the rules (music + artists), now fuck off.

the cancer killing this board is reddit, grimes, Sup Forums, and shitty moderation

>grimes-hater detected
The Grimes-fans are the only ones able to troll the trolls so much they make them to leave the board. They're doing the right thing: disinfection.

Sup Forumscore, pleb, patrician, none of that matters.

Sup Forums is dying because somewhere along the way the userbase realized it's easier to insult music someone else likes than it is to listen to new music. Sup Forums has turned into a writhing snake pit of contrarian assholes who literally start threads solely for the sake of argument. We don't have listen-along threads anymore, the people in sharethreads are turning into jaded assholes, we don't even have "Sup Forums makes an album cover" threads for Christ's sake. It's just "your favorite band is dumb dae death grips durr"

It's like curing cancer by putting a bullet through the patients skull

fuck off, mucore hasn't been seriously discussed in years and had you been around at that time you would know why they were selected.

>lurk Sup Forums
majority of posts are music related, a lot of discussion about good music, memes related to music

>lurk a shit board like Sup Forums
Pedos, baneposting, capeshit, GoT

I know the grass is always greener but Sup Forums is pretty good to be honest family

coming from the guy w/ shit taste

>grimes
Let's make things clear: the Canadian artist known as Grimes is killing herself this shitty board?? Is that even a bad thing?

Holy fuck THIS

I bet you listen to death grips

You forgot to mention that the patient (Sup Forums) is already rotten to the core. Putting a bullet through that patient' skull is just shortening the agony.

The problem with this board is noone sees the power of German Idealist Aesthetics.

it's a cop-out but take dxm and you'll understand exactly why this thread is a waste of your time

>idiots will endlessly circlejerk over them and shutdown discussion of any albums that doesn't fall into the Sup Forumscore category.

Holy shit how new are you? Practically every time someone brings up a Sup Forumscore album or has a lot of them in a chart or something they get people saying shit like "hurr durr get real taste stop listening to Sup Forumscore faggot," no one in the history of Sup Forums has gotten shit for not only liking Sup Forumscore.

You're right, bullet through the skull isn't the correct analogy. Being slowly raked with sandpaper until your entire body has no skin left is more like it

t. Sup Forumsdrone

>at least kpop guys are smart and sitting in their generals not touching anyone.
Yeah, and you faggots still bother and insult them all the time. But because the Grimes fans fight back, they're "the worst scum of this board". You consider them like that because they trolled you HARD. You just can't play games with them, they're fucking savage with trolls like you. Go fuck yourself, hypocrite.

I do, but I don't talk about it every goddamn fucking day and I don't shit on people who don't like it just to be a faggot.

If this isn't Sup Forums summed up in one thread idk what is. :^(

you don't sound very smart at all

'the grimes fans fight back'
this is the cringiest thing I've ever read

>I do

i know

c'mon Sup Forums lets try and cheer up

youtube.com/watch?v=64x_RCArfjU
whats everyones favourite joy division song?

>someone insulted my shouty black man band
>better accuse them of having shit taste

You are, quite literally, cancer.

Whatever floats your boat (full of holes).

Isolation is pretty good

Do these shitty meta posts make you feel superior? You're right here in the dreck with the rest of us.

>implying Sup Forumscore isn't the best

heckin plebby

>implying this isn't a fucking meta-thread to begin with

shut up

this

also music taste is subjective and the people who insult others taste, usually before even listening to what was posted, and just try to act superior to others instead of having an actual conversation about music are the people ruining this board.

the original version of Ceremony.
New Order and Galaxie 500 covers are pretty good too.

100% agree with you, op

You are completely right, user. That's the fucking truth. This Sup Forumscore only caused troubles.

the real cancer is the fact that we were having these threads before death grips were even a band and we continue to have them in current year. no one cares

either you're like 15 and just discovered Sup Forums last month through facebook meme pages or you need to grow up and move on

>this

>also literally everything the other guy said but shittier

Do you ever wake up in the middle of the night, choking on your own pretentiousness?

I have to imagine you must.

Sup Forums is probably the best board on Sup Forums. I just ignore the bs and I've found so many albums here that I would never have found otherwise through chart/share threads.

Holy fucking shit dude

Mucore has some really good stuff (Spiderland (goat), Kid A, ITAOTS) and some not so good stuff (AC, AF, loveless)

It's just the culmunation of everyone's inferior tastes because they aren't spamming spiderland.

No waifufags are objectively worse. They don't care about the fucking music. They just wanna fuck em. And they have these dumbass fights over 'which waifu is the best.' it's literally cancer.

that sounds like pseudo-scientific bollocks my man

No, the real culprit is all the 16 year olds who come here after they finally get bored with Sup Forums

people have been saying this for years and years and somehow the board still hasn't died yet

I LOVE YOU JESUS CHRIST

>No other board has such rampant contrarianism (contrarianism is ok, but to an extent) and general close mindedness.

have you ever been to Sup Forums

Music, in particular, is a uniquely well-suited medium of art for an encounter with the Sublime, as described by pic related on the left.

idk man
i dont see much people bashing the beefheart or the jefferson airplane around
i guess if you're obsessed with radiohead you kinda get mad, but still, you grow a spine and start forming your own opinion of something
tldr: Nigga u mad as hell

fuck what anyone else says, i'd say you're pretty on man.

i mean, there's a subjective aspect to music, but music has objectively good qualities.

i would say that there isnt really such thing as "bad" music. Its just mediocre music. As an individual, "bad" music just fails to live up to your standard of good music. It's all about how you view an album. as in, what you think the album is trying to accomplish. For the most part, "bad" is music that isnt pushing the envelope or trying very hard to creatively express something good.

this is also why sometimes albums just "click". if you initially dislike an album, but then listen to it again with a different mindset, it hits you in a different way. its all about how you see it, but some albums are more creative than others.

I mean... There's rarely any circlejerk here in Sup Forums (except for those threads meant for circlejerking), Sup Forumscore is just a list of albums generally praised by everyone, it's just there to give you a glance of their respective genres, whether you like it or not is up to you

wow Sup Forumscore used to have far less albums. Their purpose is for people to listen them as a form of beginner's guide

exactly, we're not the only ones who like "Sup Forumscore". a lot of these albums are highly praised my the music community. that doesnt mean you have to like them.

Sup Forumscore exists at the crossroads between accessibility and generally agreed-upon quality, put together by a bunch of random dudes on the internet

they're like a starter kit for getting into music beyond a surface/top 40 level

so naturally everyone here's listened to them

Sup Forums is way worse than Sup Forums in this regard

Everyone bashes TMR, and it's the only album he made that is frequently discussed.

I'm gonna disagree with you.

On Sup Forums, it's literally impossible to have an honest discussion about most games, due to contrarians shitposting about how terrible the games they haven't played are.

On Sup Forums, you still get a few of those people, but discussion of most albums is actually possible, to a degree. At least people give arguments.

>Everyone bashes TMR
>Say one bad thing about TMR and Sup Forums calls you a plebshit

are you fresh off the boat from reddit?

this

could be wrong because i dont browse every single thread but i never see Untrue mentioned on here nearly as much as the others.

Burial still has a big fanbase here, there was a really active thread a few days ago about his new release

>The golden mean, the truth, is no longer recognized or valued. To win applause one must write stuff so simple that a coachman might sing it, or so incomprehensible that it pleases simply because no sensible man can comprehend it.
— Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, writing to his father in 1782

Great musicians have always understood - and capitalized on, I might add - the fact that accessibility and artistic integrity aren't mutually exclusive traits in the creation of music. In fact they are BOTH ESSENTIAL elements to what makes for truly great art (music or otherwise.) False dichotomies about 'patrician vs plebeian' music are nothing more than a smoke screen used by mediocre artists to justify their own failed attempts to arrive at truly great art. Always has been the case, and always will be.

The 25% about music belongs on /mu. The rest doesn't. Simple.

you have it the wrong way round. Sup Forums has way more discussion than here. even something extremely hated like fallout 4 will still have heaps of discussion. post an equivalent here like oasis and it's an endless dadrock circlejerk thread

best post, true patrician

yeah but he really should be dropped, honestly we desperately need to update Sup Forums-core

>muh subjectivity

I could not cringe harder

Lol. see

Not mad, just disappointed. Seeing perpetual musicfu and fake death and "Insult other people's taste" threads really fucking sucks. The contrarianism is lazy and entirely predictable and that's why it's frustrating.

Bump

respond with something that's constructive and isn't aggressive about the music that's being talked about. ignore the trolls. If enough people did that it would go away. Don't worry about being judged as soft on an user board

the funniest part is what used to be called pleb now gets called patrician in neo-Sup Forums

Yeah, as much as I want to agree with you Sup Forumscore is established because its generally the main albums and styles people adhere to around here.
Poseurs are killing us

The poseur meme is as bad as pleb/patrician

There is nothing wrong with people exploring the huge world of music and hating on that is fucking retarded

see
So-called "Sup Forumscore" is the refuge of people will small minds and weak wills where it comes to questions of musical taste.

The state of this board is underlined by the countless threads with around ten replies, threads of low quality, which needlessly fill the board up.

Sup Forums is suffering from the balkanisation of music. There aren't a lot of big releases, big stars unlike only a few years ago, because there really isn't a lot of money to be made with streaming, and there are countless of small indie releases and even more people filling up soundcloud with much more music than most people can be bothered to look up or listen to.

There is still the odd outlier and Sup Forums still is pretty good for finding these, but this board has really gone south on a whole.