Is there something i should be focusing on at my age? (21). i really don't know what to do with myself...

is there something i should be focusing on at my age? (21). i really don't know what to do with myself. i have a job for the summer and winter but i still don't have a car.

what do you guys do? what are your actual goals?

At 21, I was mostly focused on drinking. I'd do that.

nope. You've got a few good years before you need to start worrying.

24 here and don't like where I am in life.

I'm from a decently wealthy family with divorcing, busy parents so I grew up spending time in my room alone and never focused on finding a passion or career goal.

I feel like I'm years behind everyone else, so props to you for getting a job and taking things seriously now.

Try your best to secure a more long term job, or consider University if you haven't already

I'm 35, work in galleries and museums in NYC. Grew up poorfag in PA, didn't finish college. Didn't start down this path until I was 30. I'm content just surviving in the city. It keeps you young.

A Car expands your options for work. Where are you from

so then what do you do now? even though i have a job for the season my life is still basically that, spending time in my room all day.

i'm from pennsylvania

See
This. I finished college, went into an industry that it turns out I hated, was in a relationship that made me miserable, and generally in a bad place. I had to blow it all up, quit the job, break up with the longtime gf, accept that I'd be poor for a little while, go back to school for something I actually found interesting and fulfilling, and got my shit together.

Do the stuff YOU want to do. Doing it to fulfill someone else's expectations will only make you miserable. That might mean floundering for a while until you figure it out, but at 21, you've got a ton of time. Party harder and get some kickass stories under your belt before you make a decision.

(25) Line Cook, Cashier. Have my own apartment and car.. no family here, so alone. Love the freedom. (Could use some lovin tho)

I literally work to battle the cost of living in CA. No social life.. work.. sleep.. smoke.. eat.. shit. repeat.

My only goal is to keep working to play games, drink vodka, and smoke hella weed.

OP. Just find something to make each day more interesting. I'm dead inside.. but still manage to have a nice leisure time.

28 here.
Hate my life.Only reason i get up in the morning is from the battery of drugs and stimulants i take.
I have to get up at 4am, to take a 3 hour commute, with a 2 hour buffer in case traffic is bad.
I go to a job where i am under valued, and not needed till all hell breaks loose,and then everything single problem is now my fault.
I work on ground level, even though im the boss of my department. Im constantly disrepected soley on my senority and my work station location.
Boss is a blowhard and constantly fucks with me, because i refuse to brown nose him. Hes constantly bringing in new hires, when i dont need new people.

When i get home i eat some sort of frozen food, not the entire thing, maybe half of it, so i dont become a fatass.
I take downers so i can go to sleep and lay on my bed or go here till they kick in.
I dont want to kill my self, because i know my mom would be devistated. I see her maybe once a month.Distanced from my father and my younger brother.I sadly hav 20-45 years before i can kill my self.

You're young as fuck
Go to tradeschool, get a job that starts off with $25/hr.
Do ANYTHING that you like, you're young, you can bounce around a few jobs(not retail/food) before it becomes an issue with new employeers.

Work, school, and read up on the stock market as much as you can. Get good, make money.

i feel like there isn't many options but go to college for something or work harder without college. i emailed my professor and he told me i should just go to community college which is my best bet for something with computers since i'm on them all day.

i've been thinking since i've always wanted to become an astronomer that maybe i can work in that field using computers.

this sounds like where i'd probably be heading. all i do is play games and smoke weed when i get the chance to. keeping up with bills is my worst fear though. is this the peak of your life you think?

also kind of irrelevant why is my credit score bad? i haven't used anything having to do with credit and its already very poor according to credit karma. my friend says this hurts my chances for lots of things.

You need to suck it up and find a new job. Just eliminating that commute will do wonders. An extra 6(!!) hours a day to do fuck all.

what do you work as? that sounds like hell.

whats the difference between trade school and college?

You don't have credit. Score of 0. It's actually really easy to have great credit inside of a year with a secured card. But then they give you a 5000 limit, you lose your job and max it out like me.

>i've been thinking since i've always wanted to become an astronomer that maybe i can work in that field using computers.
Then do that. It sounds fucking awesome.

>why is my credit score bad? i haven't used anything having to do with credit and its already very poor according to credit karma.
It's kinda counter-intuitive, but you have to do stuff that involves credit to improve your credit score. Paying off a credit card immediately doesn't benefit your score as much as holding a balance and making payments. Your credit score is low because you (IMO, responsibly) don't have any debt. Don't worry about it too much at your age.

I'm the regional system engineer/admin for 6 different locations in the tri state area. I'm based out of the current building im in. But i bounce around each place bi monthly to check up on things and see if they are doing the job i hired them for.Plus deploying updates and managing the buildings servers(backend)
I cant really find a job higher then what i have nor do i want to go through the process of getting recertified for goverment work.

>tradeschool
They are normally shorter, 1 or 2 years
They give you what you need to learn flat out.
If you want to become a mechanic,construction vechical driver, commerical drivers license. Any thing that isnt white collar, but pays well.
The kind of things you need in daily life, but take them for granted

Then you should move closer to work. Or get paid for travel or something. You're killing yourself and getting no return on the investment.

You should focus on networking and making friends. When you get to your late 20s-30s no one wants to be friends anymore and dating sucks.

It seems like it was used since there is Verizon things on there and other debts that are closed now

Thermal Expansion

A tradeschool micht take 2 years max and you'll leave with badass-level skills in a particular field, and most of those jobs pay pretty damn well. They're almost always in demand because of the "didn't go to college" stigma attached to blue-collar work. But fuck that. You can make upwards of six figures at some of this stuff.

>19
>Working at General Motors
>Living with parents
>making 14.05$/hr
>40hrs/week
>Own two cars
>Buying guns left and right
>Really not focused on shit
>Maybe thinking of ditching a car and saving for a down payment on a house to move in with my gf

Doing alright

>>Buying guns left and right
Great investment.

The building im in, is the closest one to me.
There are 2 buildings here,3 in the next state, and 1 in the other state. I live like shit, but i have the means to not, but its just the gross apethy, and mental blocks taking over.

28 here. I felt the same way as you did at 21. Whatever you do dont stop progress! Doing nothing because you dont know exactly what to do leads to nothing. Found that out the hard way

You're being responsible. That's okay. A credit score is a measure of how well you manage debt. If you're careful to have as little as possible, the bank doesn't have a lot of data about your projected ability to repay when you ask for $10,000 to buy a car. This isn't a bad thing, really.

If you're really worried and want to improve your credit, go get a credit card, buy ONE sorta expensive thing (maybe a nice TV or something), and make minimum payments until it's paid off. Resist the urge to put more on the card. This is how they reel you in.

howcome i always get denied when i apply for one?

Oh. Well, then you're the only one holding yourself back. Shake the cage.

I have no idea, but have you gone into your bank and actually talked to a person about it? They're usually pretty good about helping people "establish credit." That's the buzz term to use, BTW. Even better if you're a member of a credit union (instead of a bank) where they tend to be way less dickish about pretty much everything.

i was actually going to go to a credit union soon to apply for a debit card. i guess i'll just ask them about everything, thanks user