I'm genuinely curious about how trash Australia's internet actually is...

I'm genuinely curious about how trash Australia's internet actually is. I pay about $80 a month for uncapped and get this speed.

Other urls found in this thread:

3news.co.nz/sport/video-highlights-australia-bowled-out-for-60-england-dominate-day-one2015080706
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>uncapped
What did he mean by this?

Just out of interest, what does your girlfriend think of the speeds you're getting from your internet provider?

Means I can download a low res movie and not have to take out a bank loan for going over my download limit

I pay 3$ month for it

>$80

wow... that's really expensive, I pay about 20€ but it goes with the TV deal.

>ping 12 ms
>even complain

>Download limit
JUST

People with severe autism don't usually complain when the cartoons on netflix load pretty much straight away

pic related is what I pay for about 77 USD pm

stop playing in EUW then.

I pay 22 euros per month for 50MB of optic fiber (the lowest one)

then there's 29 euros for 100 mb and 43 euros for 200 mb, television and phone

>download limit
are you joking?

yeah we're really getting fucked over here desu. It was supposed to get better but then we had an election and everything turned to shit.

Non mobile data limits are still thing? Las I hear about them was in 2000 when we had isdn, just before adsl was introduced

Pic: it should be 200 down(wifi?), it costs about 15€ and you get tv programs too

OK, just checked the bill, it's 90€/month with 50MB internet, cable TV, 1 cell phone and house phone included.

I think out of all the first world countries, only australlia and burgerland still has that.

I wouldn't wish that on my enemies unless they are my most hated, I think just by opening pictures on 4chainz and videos on youtube you will be eating into the monthly cap, this should be illegal.

I got 150/15 and tv for €65/m

We get fucked in the arse by telecom companies

It took a minute to load this pic :'(

look for a local internet provider instead of the big ones mother of christ i have the same than you and pay 47'5eu/month

Canada too

¿que compañia usas?

I may have stockholm syndrome or something, but it doesn't seem to bad. Because all of our ISPs run off the same infrastructure (they rent it out from our biggest ISP) every plan pretty much has the same speed. Plus the cheapest unlimited plan I've seen is $60 which is pretty doable.

opencable but almost every tiny-middle sized city has it's own tiny provider

i get 15mb/s download and less than 1 mb/s upload

Canada's seem quite decent

If you are running on an uncapped plan I guess it's fair. If you are one of those guys who kept a close eye on your household expenses and have been using a data capped plan all your life you wouldn't be able to return to Australia again after living in somewhere with decent internet plans.

My connection is slowfag shit by some other peoples' standards, but I live in a nowhere road in a small town and something about my landline ain't right and purely through the wire I'd get less than 0.5 Mbps. I'm glad can I get an LTE flatrate at all nowadays. It's advertised as 16 Mbps, but 10-14 is more realistic.

30€/month for internet, 8 ping, 100Mbps download and 12Mbps upload

Nice IPs guys

hack me m8. I dare u

6 euros, could get gigabit for 10

Well... since you dared me

>Faster than 98% of RO
What did he mean by this?

why not pay the extra €4 you cheap bastard

I pay around 50EUR for 300mbps (and 30 of upload)

faster than 98% of romanian ip's that tested on their servers? we have our share of shit isp's

wages in romania are extremely low that's why prices are also a lot cheaper

i barely torrent these days, i use my current max bandwidth maybe 3-5 times a month

It comes with phone and TV, of course.

Yeah mine comes with a home phone number and a shitty TV package as well. Considering I don't use either, they're kind of just added bonuses.

ok, acabo de ver que pago 14€ por todo, el resto son las factura normales de telefono y demas, ya me tenias asustado.

We just can't do anything right, sigh

Data caps in burgerland are very real and pretty much every major ISP are set to adopt them in 5 years. If you're with AT&T, Comcast (except in the Northeast...for now), or Cox, you're looking at a 1TB cap. CenturyLink customers have that cap cut down to 600GB. Spectrum is prohibited from implementing data caps until 2023 as a condition of the merger between Charter and Time Warner Cable that created it. Verizon for whatever reason has no data caps yet (lucky me).

The real sneaky thing is the adoption of these zero-rate mobile data plans. Loud and shiny ads lure you in with "Unlimited" Data (not actually unlimited, you get 20-30GB free, then your connection gets throttled and/or you're charged extra) and talk of "data-free" streaming for certain services. Take AT&T for instance, they allow streaming of Directv (which they own) at no data cost to the customer. Technically Directv is reimbursing the data costs to AT&T but really the money's going nowhere. Now say you're Netflix and you want to get in on this hot data plan action. You've got to give AT&T a cut, specifically $18-47 USD pet customer based on peak/off-peak hours. The FCC has been trying to rein in the phone conpanies for months, seeing the clear competitive advantage.

That's uncomfortably close to my connection. $60 USD a month for 50mbs down 12mbs up. Thanks, Verizon!

like 4 usd for 40mb

120/20 or something for 15 dollurs

10 USD per month
>having worse internet than a third world country

>and talk of "data-free" streaming for certain services
this violates the concept of net neutrality

which is why the USA is on the "Enemies of the Internet" list along with China, North Korea and some other star players

This is like 4 dolars per month... its shit, i know. but 4 dolars...

at least in China, everyone who's not a drooling retard has some sort of VPN that bypass the flimsy china firewall, you can't VPN away a data cap.

300/300 + 3 mobile lines + TV + phone calls
65 Eypo$/month

Ours are all really high though

>be australian
>wake up next to your sister
>"ay dahlin fahk moi that was a noice root last noight"
>ride a kangaroo to the shitposting plant
>get stopped by abos
>their faces haven't loaded yet because of high ping
>give them all your petrol anyway
>apologise for invading their country
>say thank you to the traditional owners of the land, the irrawajjalabumbajjiju people
>continue on your way
>shitpost hard on Sup Forums all day so you can afford to pay your internet bill ($1000 for 0.1bps connection, 3mb data cap)
>go home
>get mugged by abos again
>no petrol this time, give them some of your ping instead
>switch on the tv
>the wallabies lost to new zealand again
>"fahkin no worries m8 she'll be roight I'll just watch the loigue instead"
>the kangaroos lost to new zealand again
>"m-muh cricket"
>3news.co.nz/sport/video-highlights-australia-bowled-out-for-60-england-dominate-day-one2015080706
>"m-muh afl"
>can't see what's happening, players' mullets blocking the camera
>go to new zealand, steal some pavlova and claim it was yours all along
>cry yourself to sleep muttering "m-muh hdi, m-muh gdp per capita"
>get bitten by spoidah
>die within seconds