Does Sup Forums like U2? Like not even their early post-punk stuff...

Does Sup Forums like U2? Like not even their early post-punk stuff? Or when they made a dystopian electronic concept album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7tQKxWCjZTU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I used to be somewhat of a fan in the 80's
Last one I heard was the Negativland EP
I didn't really liked the direction they were moving then

U2 is proof that if you continue making terrible music for like 1,000 straight years, eventually people will take you seriously in spite of it all

last few albums have been underrated

I like U2, their music is accessible yet interesting enough to keep me interested; Joshua Tree & Achtung Baby are albums I can't ever get tired of

It really helps to separate the artist from the art to enjoy the band to their fullest

Except the opposite happened. U2 were hugely acclaimed in the 80s and early - mid 90s. Now they're a joke.

>Now they're a joke.
Wasn't the 360 degree stadium tour recently one of the highest grossing concert tours in history?

Yes, but i mean as far as the general public and most music fans' perception of them is concerned

If you only know of U2 from that Bono episode of South Park or jumped the bandwagon that getting their last album for free was a bad thing

I liked Songs of Innocence anyway, so people whining about free music are just bitchy

everything up and including Achtung Baby is enjoyable

can't enjoy their sterile shit that they released afterwards

they became exactly what they were lampooning in the 90s
bono became the mask of the fly

>Zooropa and Original Soundtracks 1
>sterile shit
It's literally a continuation of the experimenting they started with Achtung

Did you even listen to Zooropa

Was literally recorded during the Zoo TV tour supporting Achtung Baby

Love them up through Zooropa, can't stand anything made since then.

Achtung Baby is one of those albums that sound a bit dated, but could've been easily released today and I would have dug it

They were great in the 80s, but became terribly self-indulgent somewhere in the 90s

quality post

You sure you don't mean the late 80's

their self indulgence in the 90s was ironic
they became the real thing around beautiful day

Why do I always forget that this album exists between Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby. Also why did they make it.

yeah but they realized what was happening and did a complete 180 with achtung baby
then went down the same path after the 90s, without turning back around

THIS

Hating U2 is a stupid normie meme.

Because they were famous as hell but decided to make a quasi live album + documentary instead of a proper studio album followup

They wanted to make a movie, basically; I do dig Desire & Angel of Harlem off the album though

You have Brian Eno to thank for U2's 90's revival

The lion's share of the album are original songs

I get why they *wanted* to make it, but I don't get how nobody in the band or around them realized that it was a terrible idea

I get the impression that saying no to Bono doesn't go over well

Could be. I actually love the idea of the rest of the band grudgingly making the album and hating every second of it because they couldn't stop Bono

low-key mainstream patrician album

oh of fucking course
if you don't at least like the best songs on this record you're a mega tryhard

good post

idk what to say honestly. I know it's kinda effed up but I just feel like U2 is too old for me to like. Even there most popular stuff (I.E. Joshua Tree) feels kinda grandpa-ey. I just have never found their music had a very appealing sound

The one exception to this is this album, which I listened to and actually thought was pretty good.

angel of harlem was one of the first songs i learned on guitar so i have a soft spot for u2...mostly sting..bono can go play in traffic as far as i'm concerned

>Auto] 9
omg i'm drunk and typed sting hahahahahhaha i meant the edge

>sting
what
okay good

fkin brain fart haha newfaggin it up over herr baka

>is too old for me to like.
>1980s

Holy shit lmao

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

>Boy
>October
>War
>Unforgettable Fire
>The Joshua Tree
>Achtung Baby
>Zooropa
>Original Soundtracks

All 8+/10 albums. Their newer music can be decent as well, sometimes even fantastic
youtube.com/watch?v=7tQKxWCjZTU

I have no problem if you dislike U2 after giving their best albums full listens. But these guys get it
Disliking U2 has become such a fucking normie drone opinion; being a person with taste means you come up with your own opinions about music.

good post. achtung baby, zooropa and original soundtracks are my favorites. hell I even like parts of pop. 90's U2 was amazing. and their 80's stuff is solid.

Real Sup Forums does. Achtung Baby used to be Sup Forums core

In like late 2011 yeah

Everybody hated Songs Of Innocence because the whole automatic download was a bit wanky, but in my opinion at least it's their best album since Achtung Baby