Why the fuck didn't Ned use Ice in the ToJ battle? Wasn't that his primary weapon during the war...

Why the fuck didn't Ned use Ice in the ToJ battle? Wasn't that his primary weapon during the war? Ned with Ice vs Arthur with Dawn could have been some epic shit, instead we got generic longsword vs 2 generic longswords.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vhNnwby--yQ
youtube.com/watch?v=m0zYZhJXELQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nYNy_drriXs
wowhead.com/spell=46917/titans-grip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ned didn't have it yet. He would have no way to get to it. Plus it's too fucking huge.

>Ned didn't have it yet.

Maybe I'm misremembering, but wasn't Ice the Stark's ancestral weapon or some such?

Ice is ceremonial, I doubt Ned would have actually had the stamina to rely on it in physical combat.

Yes. He's had Ice his whole life.

It was most likely at Kings Landing with the corpses of his father and older brother since one of them most likely had it.

Nope, his father had it until the mad king killed him and Neds uncle. It was probably in Kings Landing until Robert took it and gave it back to him.

>using a big fucking ceremonial sword in battle when you aren't the hound or the mountain

A) They probably lost the prop because everyone there is an incompetent

and

B) Ice is too big to really use as a weapon. I'm pretty sure it was just used in ceremony

Ned was in King's Landing when the city was sacked. Robert was recovering after the Battle of the Trident.

He wasn't in possession of Ice, it was somewhere in King's Landing with the corpses of his bro and dad. Also it is mostly a ceremonial sword and rather unwieldy for one on one combat.

im not even a bookfag and know that ice is literally used in battle by all the stark men who wielded it

You idiots realize Ned was in KL the night it was sacked right? He even saw the freshly killed corpses of Rhaegar's children.

>greatswords are ceremonial

And it's made of valyrian steel, which makes it much lighter and stronger than a normal greatsword.

wrong, the only time we know Ned uses it as a weapon is the battle of Pyke

They're big guys.

>>greatswords are ceremonial
nice faulty inductive reasoning misinterpretation

>plebs who don't know Valyrian Steel is much lighter than normal steel

And it's not like Ice was some 7 feet long monster, it looked to be about 4.5-5 feet in the show. Completely usable in combat by trained knights.

Stark Kings of old maybe, they were stronger, stouter, hardier men than these nuStarks, like Ned and his kin. And it's the same reason Ser Vardis didn't fight with the ancestral greatsword of House Arryn. Too unwieldy. And it's painfully obvious that it's easier to communicate "GOAT" swordsman to normies with 2 fast swords than 1 big slow one.

Frankly, it looks functional. Also, why would you have a val steel sword that you can't fight with? Seems like a waste to me.

Bullshit. Nothing says "fuck out the way" like a knight with a claymore.

Even that monster of a zweihander weighed only 14lb despite being 7 feet long, so Ned' Valyrian steel blade should have been 3-4lb max.

youtube.com/watch?v=vhNnwby--yQ
Not as unwieldy as one would think.

kek. That may be, but how many normies have seen that movie? Probably not many. They see 2 swords and immediately think WHOA HOLY FUCKIN EBIG JUST LIKE IN THE VIDYA GAEMS

so fuck out of here with that shit ya snobby cunt. You entitled fucks need to stop pretending that the show is catered to you're autist specifications

>triple kill

Alright, for the second time. I'm talking about what fucking NORMIES think and see. You retards are completely unbearably thick sometimes. I said "normies see..." not "LOL GREATSWORDS ARE LAME AND UNWIELDY" ease off

>all those spins

Yeah that would have been perfect against Ser Arthur Dayne, the Two Spinning Swords of the Morning

No way, man. Everyone knows the guy with the huge sword is hot shit. It's been a trope since forever.

>kills two people and decapitates one man's hand with single bowl
wow

NORMIES love huge swords. Have you ever played Final Fantasy, Dark Souls, Devil May Cry, or any video game for that matter? It's way more prevalent that dual wielding.

Try and remember that we're talking about the ADHD meme video game generation here, the crowd that GoT is aimed at. Not decades of hardened nerds.

>decapitates a man's hand

>final fantasy
shit

>dark souls
shit

>devil may cry
shit

>vidya gaems
havin a laff

All you people trying to come up with reasons he should have had it are ignoring the fact that the books NEVER mentioned he had it at the ToJ

Pier Gerlofs Donia was about 7' tall and was able wield a greatsword with one hand. It's said that he decapitated several men with a single blow.

>missing the point so fucking hard

>maybe its because they're wikifags who never read the books
>maybe they don't even realize that the ToJ dream in the books came while Ned was high as fuck on opiates and shit after breaking his leg

Swords aren't as heavy as people think.

Plus ice was made of that special edition metal. Makes it even lighter.

>Try and remember that we're talking about the ADHD meme video game generation here

Exactly, the same generation that plays Souls games, which let you wield Guts-style slabs of iron in one hand.

People used two-handed swords in battle, though.

>normies don't care about 2 swords
>normies care about fuckhueg swords
>normies literally pissing their pants with excitement because of how epic and perfect dual wielding Dayne was

there is some sort of disconnect here

Well, I havent played those games. They're shit. I guess normies have a huge obsession with small effeminate "men" wielding big slabs of metal?

And dual wielded

Dude, Dante is at least 6'3, 230lb. He's hardly small. You can make your souls protagonist a big guy too, I'll give you Cloud though, he was always a fag.

But anyway, the point is that big swords have been part of popular fiction since forever. Bigger is always better.

I can't wait for dabid to have reborn hound dual wielding 2 holy flails bathed in the light of the seven..

>normies literally pissing their pants with excitement because of how epic and perfect dual wielding Dayne was

Citation needed.

It's not normies who obsess over small effeminate men wielding retardedly huge swords, it's weebs.

Nah. The point is that big swords are cool and were used in history, unlike two faggot dual wielding which is gay as fuck.

Don't know shit about sword combat, but how the fuck can you fight with a sword that big?

Look up some videos. Greatswords weren't really that heavy, only 4-6lb normally.

>cut through a shaft, a man's armor, all his fucking ribs&shit, another man's hand and another one's face and noseguard in one swing
lmao

>feet

metrique motherfucker, use it

perfectly possible with a big swing with a huge sword like that

7' = 215cm.

god wraith

nothing stop a holy warrior

yeah no senpai, if armor and bones were that worthless nobody would ever bother with them

>Ice is ceremonial.
Nah.

Randyll Tarly uses something as big in battle.

In the books it's too big to be used in battle
Maybe Gregor could have used it

It's literally used in battle by Ned.

>all these showfags ITT trying to reason
lmao
It's a fucking valyrian steel sword.
it's so shap it's supposed to break other swords
It's so light it Weights less than a normal sized sword.
The show doesnt have Ice because they lost the fucking prop.
They give zero fucks about continuity.

as to its whereabouts, you can only speculate. I dont think Rickard would take it to KL. Same with Brandon. So I think Ned fought against Arthur, Ice against Dawn.
You can ask GURM on his blog, this is the sort of thing he's answer no problem.

Are you serious nigger? They talk about its battle capabilities early in the first book for fucks sake.

They off-handedly refer to it as a 1½ hand sword. It's not as big and heavy as a two-hand sword but it's larger than a regular one. But since it's valyrian steel it only weights a little more than a normal sword and can be used one handed as well as two handed.

dis. D&D fucking suck.

Lmao he's wearing leather you pleb.

no it isnt you tards,

Ned doesnt use Ice in battle, its a CEREMONIAL SWORD. grrm has confirmed Ned didnt use it at the ToJ either

Why the fuck do you think Tywin melted Ice down into a normal sized sword and a dagger? Because no matter how light it is, swinging around a fuckhuge sword is difficult and not well suited to combat. Unless you're a clegane and above 2m.

Ned is described as average height bordering on short. There's no way he could swing around Ice and win fights

No, you said
>And it's the same reason Ser Vardis didn't fight with the ancestral greatsword of House Arryn. Too unwieldy.
And watch your language. Dumbass.

"All those spins" are how you deal with numerically superior opponent.

>"All those spins" are how you deal with numerically superior opponent.
No, if you're outnumbered 4 to 1 you fucking die. Spinning isnt a good trick, you fucking low ground retard.

>Also, why would you have a val steel sword that you can't fight with?
To show off. Remember, the Starks didn't make it. It was made in valyria. It's perfectly possible some dragonlord wanted a big, stupid ceremonial sword he could jerk off to.

>Ned Stark didn't decapitate NW deserter with two swords swinging both like crazy

What an amateur.

4v1 only works in film user

>swinging around a fuckhuge sword is difficult and not well suited to combat

Despite the fact that two handed swords were used all the time...

What movie is this? I need more of this shit on my life.

>I'm the type of guy who critics dual welding for being anime-ish but I don't think claymore welding is anime-ish

C'mon, senpai

It looks like deadliest warrior

Ironclad

Ironclad

Lindybeige BTFO everyone who came in their pants because of the "historical accurate" greatsword fighting. and his videos was legtimately more entertaining than the actual video

youtube.com/watch?v=m0zYZhJXELQ

Grrm confirmed that ned never used it in the books. For show canon he used it during the Greyjoy Rebellion and thats it.

>two spinning swords of morning
Dude, it's clearly the sword of Morning & sword of Afternoon

Also,
it was a good trick

kek

Who the fuck ever claimed Ironclad was "historically accurate"?!

But it's confirmed that he used Ice during the Grejoy rebellion. At first I thought it was just a ceremonial sword too but like the other anons said it's valyrian steel so it weighs a lot less than a normal greatsword

Would you also call using a halberd animeish

The fuck you on about there were entire mercenary companies dedicated to using zweihanders.

Ice would be completely fine in 1v1 if the user has functioning wrists.

They were actually used though. Most techniques you could execute with a longsword you could also do with a montante. Some techniques that are specific to the larger swords are actually crowd control, a few town guards could use those large swords to control a mob quite effectively. They could also be used to break pike formations.

Not great for duels though.

I love Ironclad, but that was great.

> t. someone who has neither used a sword, tested it against different materials or been in mortal combat before

this

>Ice is too big, nobody would ever use something like that in combat

Wasn't a bunch of shit stolen like swords and armour after the 1st season?

I like the guy who is just trying to stay comfy

this oversight is simply one of many made by dnd. nawitenz.

Also Ice isn't a Claymore. Claymores are actually quite small as far as greatswords go and have a diagonal crossguard.

George literally said Ned wouldn't use it in a battle cause it's too large and cumbersome and is a ceremonial sword

>If i wear this robe they'll never know i'm actually carrying a sword

>sword autists

Man, you faggots turn what should be a unique, obscure interest into pure shit. Though I blame plebs like Skallagrim for things like that.

youtube.com/watch?v=nYNy_drriXs
Thats how.
Very good against multiple opponents with shorter weapons.

If they had reached level 10 of course

wowhead.com/spell=46917/titans-grip

George said Ned wouldn't use Ice m8, D&D didn't fuck that part up

Do you also think that people who complain about unrealistic use of firearms in TV and films are autists?

Or the absurdly stupid depictions of hacking?

Gregor needs his own dragonslayer to gut those flying sneks.