I'm going to solve your depression by asking you questions...

I'm going to solve your depression by asking you questions. I want you to be completely honest with yourself and it's okay if you answer wrong or if you don't know.

First I'm going to begin with this. Depression starts with selfishness.

What is selfishness?

doing things only for yourself?

Yes. Why do you do things for yourself?

because I feel like I don't have what I want in life. Like I see my friends succeeding and going places, yet here I am struggling with barely any money and not liking who I am.

Good answer. Why does what you want/need matter?

Selfishness is putting your wants and needs before that of others. Selfishness is additionally also the most evil attribute you can have.

Very correct. I'll get to that in a second.

>what is selfishness

Assuming people on Sup Forums care about your problems

I don't. Never have, never will.

Because without it I wont be happy. Especially when I see other getting what I wish I had.
I feel like I might never reach my goals and gain happiness

Okay.

So why do you believe that having what you want will make you happy?

>Selfishness is putting your wants and needs before that of others. Selfishness is additionally also the most evil attribute you can have.
How is it evil? Selfishness is basic survival. Fuck this gay society.

Because a good person doesn't get what he or she wants, a good person wants what he or she gets.

Failing to realize that it is bad to have desires and ambition is why there is still violence, opression and inequality in the world.

A good person (and I am not one) only helps and improves the lives of those around him or her, nothing else.

I never thought why. The things I want really are a good computer to play vidya, good friends, and a good sex life now that I think about it

I don't know why I want them, but I just feel like I do.

Depression is the realization that you can't achieve what you've scoped out to in the moment. But personally, it's due to the fact that I hate everybody around me and I don't think that i'll ever find something that will actually ever make me happy.

Replace good person with well trained goy and you have a point.

Tbh fam, I've never wanted to put a bullet in my head more than when I saw that pic. Straight cancer dog, for real doe.

That's okay. Most people don't. It's true that you want them because you think they will make you happy. But the truth is, those things won't make you happy.

Why do you want to be happy?

I don't get myself, I am very selfish and yet I end up always helping everybody even when I don't want to. What's wrong with me?

It feels good, and you only have one life and I dont want to waste it

It's a shame you think you need happiness to live.
The whole pursuit of happiness is exactly why so much bad stuff happens. Don't pursue, realize that happiness is not a right, not even a privelege, but an anomaly.

Life is supposed to hurt, and reward is a ridiculous childish concept. We are not here to be happy, we do not deserve to be alive.

Good answer.

Why do you care about wasting/not wasting your life?

Selfishness is the concern for only yourself, and not caring for the needs of others.

But I am incredibly depressed, and I am not selfish. I constantly put the needs of others first because I have no concept of self-worth. :^)

I will get to that soon.

We only have one life, and after it theres nothing.

That's okay.

So why do you believe that there is really nothing after death?

Selfishness is directing your thoughts and or actions toward yourself. Particularly at the expense of others. Who would be denied or withheld from something by the act.

Don't be afraid to question everything you believe, because if you don't, you will build a giant wall that will keep you from getting to where you need to be.

I eat people. My hunger is never satisfied, I wish someone ended me and my sickness.

I lack a sense of gratitude and take things I know I shouldn't for granted. That fucks with me all the time.

Why do you take those things for granted?

No proof, and I dont see how its possible

ITT: some jackanape gives sophistic "answers" to a legitimate medical condition sometimes even trained professionals have a hard time treating with the most up-to-date well researched treatments.

tl;dr fuck you. you don't know jack shit

Good answer. You don't see the proof.

What specific type of proof are you looking for?

My parents both whined and bitched about everything and I guess I started to emulate them later on. My mom especially. She always complained about how she had to work and that "other women just sit around and have their husbands give them money to shop and buy as many things as they want. Too bad I married the most worthless man on Earth." etc, etc.

Probably scientific or physical proof.

What kind of scientific or physical proof?

I'm not really sure. Something saying that there is an afterlife, or that we are reincarnated somewhere, or something.

I'm depressed because regardless of what I tell myself, I feel intrinsically worthless and lesser than literally any other person. I am afraid of leaving my house because I know my presence bothers everyone else that notices me, I have no skills or job prospects, including untrained minimum wage jobs, my life is going nowhere and I'm just counting down the days until I finally die.

What do?

That's okay.

Give me an example of something that would show you that would convince you that there is an afterlife.

Maybe someone who dies, and then gets brought back to life somehow, who then says he saw an afterlife.

Or proof saying that out mind isnt tied to the atoms that make up our brains.

All you fuckers just need to take some acid and you won't be so depressed

Good, that's a healthy way of thinking.

Have you looked, like earnestly looked for proof like that?

am trans girl. Sup Forums should already explain my depression. suicide in my case would be beneficial to many as they litterally tell me to kill myself

Not really. I;m not really sure where to look. I remember asking on here a few times, but pretty much everyone said there is nothing after death

Okay, yeah.

So why haven't you looked? I mean, you're only a Google search away, so what's the holdup?

Try it

He doesn't have to if he doesn't want to, let him decide.

You ever tried being happy without acid ?

You're increasing my depression faggot, whats all these stupid questions?
>good answer. Why do you think google glasses are expensive?

It's not selfish to want to accomplish things. Whether you want to get in really good shape, or you want to go to school and find a job to make a lot of money for you and your family, or just yourself. As long as you're working toward and accomplishing goals, your family should be proud.

The important thing is to set realistic goals and not get too caught up in the grind so you don't miss out on life.

Yes I'm guilty of putting my goals waay before my family. I'm always trying to keep my goals and enjoying life in balance now. If I don't have a goal I'm working toward, I get depressed fast. Likewise, if I'm working too hard I miss out on important things in life.

He's trolling the fuck out of you lol.

I'll show you how it all links together in the end if you trust me.

You got 10 mins

I'll try.

Why haven't you looked yet?

So I always put peoples need before mine for years now I'm selfish however I became that way because I always felt like everyone I met and helped in one way or another either outgrew me or just didn't care enough to remember me so now I'm pretty selfish and actually have aspergers had it since I was a kid obviously but didn't know I had it till 4 years ago anyway how do I fix this what's wrong with me and why do people no matter how nice always forget me ?

what is selfishness? not thinking about other people's feelings when you go on a killing spree???

Didn't want to put that much effort in it.

no thats lack of empathy

Why not?

But how do you justify it when your goals prevent you from giving someone else what they want. For example, if you want to work abroad but your mother doesn't want her child so far away. In that case isn't it the right thing to do to just drop that desire?

I see no justification in choosing your happiness over that of anyone else.

Well, I'm going to have to go in like 5 minutes, so let me just wrap this up.

In order to get answers, you have to ask questions. Like I said, if you aren't willing to question literally EVERYTHING, then you're going to build a wall that will block your path. Why are you sad? Because this happened to you or that happened to you and all in all its just selfishness. (cont.)

Bump

But you have to question, why is everything all about you?

Because, you want to make most of your life. Why? Because you believe there's nothing after death. Why? Because you don't see the proof. Why? Because you haven't looked. Why? Because you don't want to believe because you want everything to be pointless so that everything can be about you, causing depression.

(cont.)

Continue

But why do you want everything to be about you? Because you don't know if you can trust that the true reason to live is a good reason. You're afraid to open the blinds, because you're afraid you might see a world of death and destruction outside because you're so convince that everything is so deathly and gloomy.

But are you sure? All you have to do is just open the blinds. Look for yourself. If you want proof, look for it! Don't just sit there in the dark waiting for someone to come and shine a light outside, when you can't even see it because your blinds are down. Honestly and earnestly look for answers, and you will find them. The Father is willing to take you into his arms, and all you have to do is look for him.

Lol I wish this was true.

I was *this* close to getting this awesome 7/10 chick but then the cunt said something very disrespectful to my brother so I just abandoned all efforts and fucked off. I still don't regret it. Does this mean I'm not selfish?

oh look another person who has no idea what depression is or is actually like