Nostalgic thread

>This thread is now 10 years old

Damn, I feel old as fuck now.

Post where did you watch it, how old were you when it happened, webms, photos, memes, anecdotes, whatever.

Btw, I rate Zidane.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lBPycKiOBY0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Zidane vs Brazil is the most overrated game of all time. He played versus a team full of players who were either not fit or past it, and yet people just look at the lineup and the highlight videos and think he's the messiah

I rate Zidane too but he's played MUCH better games

>This thread
>thread
I meant game

turning point of the game desu. You just knew once zizou missed this they were going to lose.

He was 34 though.

I didn't say he didn't play a good game, but it being the "greatest individual performance of all time" is a joke

He outplayed an entire team. Even if it wasn't the best Brazil team of all times it's still an impressive performance.

Yes it was, and despite that it's still the most overrated game of all time.

It's not even the best Zidane performance, how could it even be close to the best individual performance?

>A yank gives his opinion on football
>It's utterly trash

pick two

>You fell for the meme

Without even thinking the Ronaldo hat trick vs United is a better individual performance than that

I still remember the french announcer who kept saying "mais pourquoi".

Zidane choked.

and he died some months later, sad

i was 14, i watched the game at circo massimo in rome with my parents, my friends, my friends' parents, my relatives, my friends' relatives. it was unreal.
i don't really remember the game, but the funny thing is that i couln't remember anything from the game not even the morning after. it's like a big giant black hole in my memory. i remember henry laying down on the ground for minutes, almost passing out after a hard hit by cannavaro in the early moments of the game. i remember when toni hit the crossbar i thought we were destined to lose. about the materazzi-zidane incident i only remember the crowd reaction after the replay was shown. all of this is kind of cloudy in my mind. i have no memory of the rest of the game (like the two goals that were scored) because my head wasn't there really.
the only thing i remember vividly is pic related. close up shot of grosso biting his lips right before the final penalty, i remember my mind went completely blank and all the sounds were muffled like somebody was dunking my head under water, i was completely spaced out for like 5 seconds.

>A mediocre footballer remembered for one moment.

I don't know if that's a great sporting story or a sad one.

youtube.com/watch?v=lBPycKiOBY0

Romário > Zidane

>Americans

Romario is based. He's better than Rivaldo.

>
>>A mediocre footballer remembered for one moment.
>I don't know if that's a great sporting story or a sad one.

Hes more known for his curler vs Germany in the semis. Based

I see hat tricks every weekend.

You might want to check on a guy named Diego if you want legendary individual performances. Fat Argentinian fellow, wins Serie A with shit tier team stadium and pitch and no quality teammate during his first season against the most stacked defences in history.
Now that is legendary.

Not a fucking penaldo hat trick. Gimme a break already.

This is the image from the final that always stuck in my mind.

It was the first WC final that I saw
I was a baby in 1994, in 1998 i didn't really like football, 2002 would be the year but I never slept late as a kid.

So, as you may know, I was expecting this World Cup a lot, I was 13.

I didn't root for either team, but I would be happy if Zidane won it.

Remember the penalty, no era penal, a little extrange that no one talks about it, and then Zidane scorers the GOAT penalty.

This was the closest that any team had to win.

The headbutt, it sucks that he ended his carrer that way, but I didn't feel bad for him because he already won it and it was one of the stupidest things I ever saw, wtf was he thinking?
>it's my last game and i'm a superstar, i'm the reason people is watching game, the referee will not dare to sent me off.
What an idiot

At the end it was cool that Italy won, would be a shame that a great generation, with buffon, totti, cannavaro, nesta, del piero, pirlo and gatusso hadn't something. Would've perfect if Maldina was still on the team

This was the first World Cup my brother and I watched- 2002, we couldn't stay up to watch the games since we were in middle school; before that we were too young and just would've wanted to watch cartoons.

I remember sitting on the couch with my mom and brother, watching the game, cheering for France because muh heritage, and then suddenly BAM! Headbutt!

My brother and I actually started laughing because we straightup couldn't believe what we just saw, like who would do something like that in a fuckin' WC final?!

I've bet R$5,00 (equal 3.00 U$ in that time) with my grandfather that France would won, he rooted for Italy becouse of her italian mom. After the match i had no money becouse I was only 8 years old kid and it took 1 week to pay him, and yes, he asked for the money

>Penaldo

When did TSUUUU score a hat trick vs United again? I hope you were being ironic and actually know I was talking about the famous Fat Ronaldo hat trick at Old Trafford

I was 18 it was my first year at college
saw the game at home as it was sunday
remember when Elizondo was told by an uruguayan assistant that Zidane headbutted Materazzi
I just thought damn Materazzi, he's an absolute GOAT he just played incredibly the match and the tournament
at the beginning he was a sub and he started to play just thanks to based Nesta's injury
I loved Nesta he probably is my all time favourite defender and when in the news they said he'll be out for the next matches I was sad
Hopefully Materazzi has the strongest mentality around and I just started to love him
you just can overcome the performance of a true goat in a goat run like it was Zidane atm by being a mental goat, whatever materazzi did it was worth it
also I couldn't believe they gave Trezeguet a penalty, dude he's an argie he'll miss and personally remember him failing penalties before
also I hated domenech for his stupid beliefs and not calling based Pires

>Dat Cannavaro

Him, Buffon and Pirlo carried that team to a WC championship

That was a good game, though. Only one where it seemed like Ronaldinho came to play

When it was the France Brazil I remember watching it with some college bros, one of them I just met him that day so we weren't too close and people ordered kfc so by the second half I was just farting my ass off lmao the guy was kind of scared I didn't meant it maybe that was/still is my relationship with the other guys

>tfw eating kfc in your shitty country is common in middle to upper class

>He's better than Rivaldo.
>That flag
>This opinion

Shitty English think they know anything about the sport.

>Wales is better than Amerifats are football
kek

Watched at a bar that projected the game on a big screen with like 100 people
I partied so fcuking hard i got a fever the day after, and it wasnt even because of drinking or drugs because i was 13