Has anyone hear mastered the fretboard?

do you know all the notes of your fretboard?
If so, any tips of teaching yourself the other strings besides E A and high E?

I really want to read music better.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fr_cYdULAD0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Haven't fully mastered it yet, but I feel like I am pretty damn close to it. When it comes to learning and memorizing this shit, even my teacher said that there are no shortcuts for this one. It's something that comes with tons of practice and time.

>theory
fantastic meme, kiddo

>it's all about the soul man, feeling!

Reminder: you're the SJW of the guitar world.

nice contribution, shitcanister

youtube.com/watch?v=fr_cYdULAD0

>guitar
man, you're just rolling out the gutbusters my dude

shithead

damn...
how will i ever recover now...

There are no shoetcuts, you just need to split it up in sections. Everything above the 12th fret repeats again. Learn all the natural notes on the E and A string, then the octaves, then the sharps and flats of the natural notes and so on

This, more or less. Learn basic intervals, their placing on the fretboard and repeat them ad infinitum. It took me years and years of playing to master.

>le ess jay double jews

Just read more music and play more often. When I first started playing guitar I used some hal leonard books and I thought they worked pretty well. There are some sites/apps that have quizzes/games/etc to help you learn your fretboard too but I can't remember any off the top of my head

My tip would be that you practise scales everywhere on the neck, or maybe even better, pick a random note with your finger and then say which one you are going to play next (also hear it in your head) and also say what the interval between the notes is. I think this is called audiation. Also don't worry if you feel that you are not making any progress, yes it takes time but at least for me it comes in "quants" so I stay on one level for few weeks, then I almost instantely jump on the next level. I don't know why, but maybe it'll happen to you to, so just keep working and enjoy the music.

What's the point ?
The best guitarists in the world know nothing about this

I seriously doubt that. It's really not that difficult to memorize and if you play guitar for living it should come to you almost as a by-product of everyday playing.

This is the easiest thing to do; it's just memorization.

It might seem hard at first op but literally just spend some time eyeing the frets. I should do it too. Piano is so easy to improv on because I just know what noted to hit.
If you learn that on guitar it will be as easy.

I forgot somehing, so, it helps if you make a mental picture of the patterns, something like this pic, everything repeats, you just have to be careful about going from g string to b (dotted red line on the pic), because it's one half-tone closer than other string to each other, so every pattern "breaks" there and moves one fret closer to the body of the guitar.

>pick a note you know on low E string
>count up two frets
>skip a string and land on the next, the D string
>that note is an octave above the note you know
>memorize the distance

this works on the low E and A to help you check what notes are which on the D and G

to find the b string notes the "shape" or distance is the same as it is on E or A, but you add an extra fret, play both notes at the same time to check if you have the same notes in different octaves.

>people consider themselves guitarists and don't even know the names of the notes they're playing

This is why nobody takes guitarists seriously.

Its really not hard at all

just, like practice

Just find what helps you memorize it
I remembered FGAB on E and D string and CDE on A and G string. Those are where the fret markers are (except F on the E string but it's the first so no big deal). Then I just filled it in after that as I had a relative location so if I need an Ab I just find A and drop down one.

I only play in open A and open D. Blues master race.

I jam with a pianio-friend who plays incrediblely and can play off sheet music if he knows the song.

I know chords and notes on the piano better than him however.