How come this album is great while the whole genre it belongs (metalcore) sucks ?

How come this album is great while the whole genre it belongs (metalcore) sucks ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NRO1LX5Kk3o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

Have you listened to We Are the Romans? It's a metalcore masterpiece, desu

Well it's considered probalby the best of the genre.

Cool! opinion

mathcore is good, metalcore is bad

is this a reddit bread? xD

it doesn't, you're just an idiot.

youtube.com/watch?v=NRO1LX5Kk3o

that isnt even the best metalcore album though

This guys right. You think it sucks cuz your idea of metalcore is warped and you haven't spent enough if any time going through bands who play on metal/hardcore shows. Also gaza is heavy as fuck and rules. I Don't Care Where I Go When I Die is amazing

Not even their best album fampai.

your just a closed minded fool

No, there are plenty of good metalcore bands.
Converge doesn't belong to the wave of trendy metalcore and doesn't borrow the same influences, the only thing it has in common is that both styles blend metal and hardcore together.
Which isn't that odd, considering grindcore, deathgrind, thrash, crust punk all borrow influences from punk in a way.

Metalcore just seems like a pointless tag to me.

Op getting btfo

You've listened to less than five metalcore albums

>Converge
>Metalcore

Try again. At most they're experimental hardcore.

jokes on you
i made this thread just so i could get great recs
thanks guys :)

Not really a joke if its unfunny

p.s your a bell end

its funny to me
thanks again :)

>converge
>experimental

Interesting

You really only got gaza, would have been much more productive for you and others if you just made a decent thread. Now u get blue balled cuz u made shit post :/

no i'm not :)

Your mom getting btfo rn

do you think an album like Jane Doe just occurs in a vacuum?

shitposting or not, there's a surprising number of people here who limit metalcore to Converge and shitty scene bands.

I couldn't even come close to counting how many times the op or a slight variation on it has been posted over the years. Never understood it, especially considering a lot of the bands in the genre tour relentlessly and is also pretty chock full of quality

it's especially dumb because Converge are fairly open about their influences. there are multiple interviews where Bannon talks about how listening to bands like Acme, Starkweather, and Rorschach helped to develop Converge's sound.

Jane Doe is Emo

>converge
>anything particular
it's as average as the genre can get

Not even the best Converge album

But Botch, DEP, Cave-In, The Chariot, and even August Burns Red to an extent are all worth checking out

Car Bomb and The Fall of Troy are also worth checking out

All We Love We Leave Behind is much better

I haven't listened to Car Bomb. The Fall of Troy is great but they're really more of a post-hardcore/math rock band