I mean, does the world even needs France for anything?

I mean, does the world even needs France for anything?

Other urls found in this thread:

metal-archives.com/bands/Fange/3540379787
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

French toast?

Yes, berets and funny accents

Yeah Bro.
Without France we wouldnt have been able to fuck them at trafalgar and then call Napoleon a midget and pickle his dick

idk. It's pretty much the same as Spain but more expensive.

Je suis français que veu tu savoir ?

I used to say that the only good thing they gave us is the croissant and then I found out it's actually austrian. Fuck france.

Kek

Fuckin german

The world doesn't need nations period. Dumb question.

o

The white flag wouldn't exist without them.

Tour Du France....so....yeah...we so need them unfortunately

metal-archives.com/bands/Fange/3540379787 they have a metal sceene?

You're a faggot aren't you?

Tour de France!? That's the most boring shit since baseball

Without France's help, you wouldn't have the greatest nation on Earth.

Proper cooking with butter and someone has to surrender first during every major conflict

yea
my bf is from there. and he's cute
so now i like france

That's funny because I also like baseball.
It's actually good once you get the tactics and points ect.

The women. French women are the best. And man oh man are they wild in bed.

Like watching overweight men sprint 40 feet between bases?

This is a stereotype based on them surrendering to Germany in WW2 (It took three superpowers to overcome Germany, it's not a shock they surrendered). They've won almost every single war they've participated in.

They gave us democracy, helped the USA win their independence, some of the best food in the world came from France, they have a model health care system, they're one of the most democratically responsible and reserved countries in the world, their cities are beautiful with art,statues, winding streets, and bright lights being a staple of western culture.

/thread

You are one special case man.

This. Napoleon invented democracy as we it know today.

When they got the US involved in Korea and then promptly surrendered, is when the white flag meme really stuck.

how about sexy girls like her?

Who else are the germans going to beat

what a fag.

hah
asking this on an imageboard!

In the 1820s, Nicephore Niepce invented a photographic process.

joke's on you OP

YES!!

the one French chick I bedded was crazy in bed but also sorta crazy in real life
she sorta reminded me of the manic dream pixie girls stereotype

Spain is, just like France, filled with imature degenerates

I'm French and I don't agree with most of what you say here.

"They gave us democracy" not a real one
"they have a model health care system" Yes we have one, but not a really good one.
"they're one of the most democratically responsible and reserved countries in the world" hem, check the news in France with "la loi Travail"...

I'm not saying that it is a shitty country, but terrible flaws during these days.

But thanks, btw

Retarded people don't understand shit about the world. So dont try to understand, u will just hurt yourself.

no

ISIS needs it for terrorist attacks.

>Thinking that is sexy
This is a perfect French women. God! I love her so bad! I would kill for this goddess anyday! Perfection in its more pure state

> won every single war they participated in.

Kek

yay franch

oui

ITT: American morons who have never had a passport.

Google 'Roaland Moreno"

Also robotics, philosophy; mathematics , optics , oceanography and so on ; i ll let you judge

What about when they tried to invade the UK a second time and Napoleon got his dick cut off?
A loss in anyones book no?

Idiot.

Vietnam.

Not Korea.

Dumb fuck.

We assisted Ho Chi Minh during WWII against the Japanese.

That was a decade before Dienbienphu.

>posts pic of the foreigner legion
>french

I like it because it gives us people like pic related and Melanie Laurent.

Oh snap!

Since they won the american war of independence one could argue that the american traitors and terrorist insurgents needed them in the late 18th century. Since then they haven't contributed a lot except for great wine and a fantastic cuisine

Alpine soldiers.

Elite unit.

t. Ronaldo

Infantry

Invasions in France are pretty fun though.
Source: Germanon

aren't you already busy becoming a third world country your side of the manche?

Long live the French Republic!

You're a germ? Awesome!

I bet Napoleon would still exist without France. It's like a huge chunk of land wouldn't disappear if you cease to call it this particular name

when you need to runaway from poland kathotaliban

Yes, they provide a great industry of white flag production

Long live our First Ally!!

Long live our Republics!!

Why do french chicks always look like they don't sleep well and smoke two packs a day?

Sick stuff

You would be just fine if your demography consisted of only human beings. In other words, no niggers or sand niggers.

they don't sleep much and smoke a lot

I don't sleep well and don't mind smoking. But if they all look like her then I'm moving there.

because white french people are mostly gypsies

my 2 kids are in a French-immersion school here in Los Angeles. It's actually been a lot of fun, and I've rekindled my college French studies and tried to learn it with them. We've gotten to know some of the French teachers- these are native speakers, fresh off the boat. They sign up for 2 or 3 year hitches here in the US, with the option to stay if they want to. It's pretty interesting to talk to them when you get a moment to get beers with them. Also, I want to fuck my oldest son's teacher so, so bad . . . bitch is fine.

So, I guess France is good for that. Also they're a pretty good friend to the US and one of our biggest trading partners.

Help us finally realize Islamic ideology is detrimental to western societies?

You just gave the answer

3edgy5me

Yes, it took many nations to beat Germany (most importantly Russia)

But your comments are over simplified.
Among many, It ignores the internal political divisions and the lack of morale in the military that seriously weakened France.

Because they are filthy.

Hahahahahahhaa,
MY PRIDE IN ACCEPTING GENOICIDE OF MY KIN

>This is a stereotype based on them surrendering to Germany in WW2 (It took three superpowers to overcome Germany, it's not a shock they surrendered). They've won almost every single war they've participated in.
>They gave us democracy, helped the USA win their independence, some of the best food in the world came from France, they have a model health care system, they're one of the most democratically responsible and reserved countries in the world, their cities are beautiful with art,statues, winding streets, and bright lights being a staple of western culture.

I'll go you one further: all these events happened decades, or centuries, before any of us were even born, so we, and the French of today, have no responsibility for any of these events, good or bad. So the past has little bearing on whether France is good today, other than explaining how it got to be the way it presently is.

Furthermore. All of these events in the past, were simply responses to the conditions these nations and people found themselves in, so they don't really show much in the way of virtue or worthlessness. You could maybe denounce invading and plundering other countries, by today's standards. But at that time, you were expected to do that, or someone might see you as weak and do it to you.

America would not exist if it were not for the support of the French during the revolutionary war.
ffs, that great symbol of America was made by the French.

That's why I facepalmed when American politicians changed French fries to Liberty fries. Once again, Murrica is ignorant, self-importand and blind to it's own history.

French Military History:
=======================

- Gallic Wars
- Lost. In a war whose ending foreshadows the next 2000 years of French history, France is conquered by of all things, an Italian. [Or at this time in history, a Roman -ed.]

- Hundred Years War
- Mostly lost, saved at last by female schizophrenic who inadvertently creates The First Rule of French Warfare; "France's armies are victorious only when not led by a Frenchman." Sainted.

- Moors in Spain, late 700s-early 800s.
- Even with Charlemagne leading them against an enemy living in a hostile land, French are unable to make much progress. Hide behind Pyrennes until the modern day.

- Norse invasions, 841-911.
- After having their way with the French for 70 years, the Norse are bribed by a French King named Charles the Simple (really!) who gave them Normandy in return for peace. Normans proceed to become just about the only positive military bonus in France's [favour] for next 500 years.

- Norman Invasion, 1066
- Philip the First (1060 - 1108) was King of France at the time of the Norman invasion of 1066 - William was Duke of Normandy and, incidentally, directly descended from the Vikings. William was, therefore, as alien to France as the experience of victory. Since Philip did not invade England, the victory at Hastings was Norman - not French. Normandy may be a part of France now but it most certainly wasn't in 1066. Therefore, William's coronation as King of England had nothing whatsoever to do with the French. As usual, they were nowhere near the place when the fighting was going on. The mistaken belief that 1066 was a French victory leads to the Third Rule of French Warfare; "When incapable of any victory whatsoever - claim someone else's".

- Italian Wars
- Lost. France becomes the first and only country to ever lose two wars when fighting Italians.

- Wars of Religion
- France goes 0-5-4 against the Huguenots

- Barbary Wars, middle ages-1830.
- Pirates in North Africa continually harass European shipping in Meditteranean. France's solution: pay them to leave us alone. America's solution: kick their asses ("the Shores of Tripoli"). [America's] first overseas victories, won 1801-1815.

- Thirty Years War
- France is technically not a participant, but manages to get invaded anyway. Claims a tie on the basis that eventually the other participants started ignoring her.

- War of Revolution
- Tied. Frenchmen take to wearing red flowerpots as chapeaux.

- The Dutch War
- Tied

- India, 1673-1813.
- British were far more charming than French, ended up victors. Therefore the British are well known for their tea, and the French for their whine (er, wine...). Ensures 200 years of bad teeth in England.

- War of the Augsburg League/King William's War/French and Indian War
- Lost, but claimed as a tie. Three ties in a row induces deluded Frogophiles the world over to label the period as the height of French military power.

- War of the Spanish Succession
- Lost. The War also gave the French their first taste of a Marlborough, which they have loved every since.

- American Revolution
- In a move that will become quite familiar to future Americans, France claims a win even though the English colonists saw far more action. This is later known as "de Gaulle Syndrome", and leads to the Second Rule of French Warfare; "France only wins when America does most of the fighting."

- French Revolution
- Won, primarily due the fact that the opponent was also French.

I'm not complaining, just saying it's weird how they usually look like Patti Smith wannabe's.

- The Napoleonic Wars
- Lost. Temporary victories (remember the First Rule!) due to leadership of a Corsican, who ended up being no match for a British footwear designer. Should be noted that the Grand Armee was largely (~%50) composed of non-Frenchmen after 1804 or so. Mainly disgruntled minorities and anti-monarchists. Not surprisingly, these performed better than the French on many occasions.

- Seven year War 1756-1763
- Lost. After getting hammered by Frederick the Great of Prussia (yep, the Germans again) at Rossbach, the French were held off for the remainder of the War by Frederick of Brunswick and a hodge-podge army including some Brits. War also saw France kicked out of Canada (Wolfe at Quebec) and India (Clive at Plassey).

- Haiti, 1791-1804.
- French defeated by rebellion after sacrificing 4,000 Poles to yellow fever. Shows another rule of French warfare; when in doubt, send an ally.

- 1798-1801, Quasi-War with U.S.
- French privateers (semi-legal pirates) attack U.S. shipping. U.S. fights France at sea for 3 years; French eventually cave; sets precedent for next 200 years of Franco-American relations.

- Mexico, 1863-1864.
- France attempts to take advantage of Mexico's weakness following its thorough thrashing by the U.S. 20 years earlier ("Halls of Montezuma"). Not surprisingly, the only unit to distinguish itself is the French Foreign Legion (consisting of, by definition, non-Frenchmen). Booted out of the country a little over a year after arrival.

- The Franco-Prussian War, 1870-1871
- Lost. Germany first plays the role of drunk Frat boy to France's ugly girl home alone on a Saturday night.

- Panama jungles 1881-1890.
- No one but nature to fight, France still loses; canal is eventually built by the U.S. 1904-1914.

- World War I
- Tied and on the way to losing, France is saved by the United States [Entering the war late -ed.]. Thousands of French women find out what it's like to not only sleep with a winner, but one who doesn't call her "Fraulein." Sadly, widespread use of condoms by American forces forestalls any improvement in the French bloodline.

- World War II
- Lost. Conquered French liberated by the United States and Britain just as they finish learning the Horst Wessel Song.

- War in Indochina
- Lost. French forces plead sickness; take to bed with the Dien Bien Flu

- Algerian Rebellion
- Lost. Loss marks the first defeat of a western army by a Non-Turkic Muslim force since the Crusades, and produces the First Rule of Muslim Warfare; "We can always beat the French." This rule is identical to the First Rules of the Italians, Russians, Germans, English, Dutch, Spanish, Vietnamese and Eskimoes. The French consider the departure of the French from Algeria in 1962-63, after 130 years of colonialism, as a French victory and especially consider C. de Gaulle as a hero for 'leading' said victory over the unwilling French public who were very much against the departure. This ended their colonialism. About 2 million ungrateful Algerians lost their lives in this shoddy affair.

- War on Terrorism
- France, keeping in mind its recent history, surrenders to Germans and Muslims just to be safe. Attempts to surrender to Vietnamese ambassador fail after he takes refuge in a McDonald's.

French-on-French losses (probably should be counted as victories too, just to be fair):
=======================================================================================
1208: Albigenses Crusade, French massacred by French.
When asked how to differentiate a heretic from the faithful, response was "Kill them all. God will know His own." Lesson: French are badasses when fighting unarmed men, women and children.

St. Bartholomew Day Massacre, August 24, 1572.
Once again, French-on-French slaughter.

Third Crusade.
Philip Augustus of France throws hissy-fit, leaves Crusade for Richard the Lion Heart to finish.

Seventh Crusade.
St. Louis of France leads Crusade to Egypt. Resoundingly crushed.

[Eighth] Crusade.
St. Louis back in action, this time in Tunis. See Seventh Crusade.

Also should be noted that France attempted to hide behind the Maginot line, sticking their head in the sand and pretending that the Germans would enter France that way. By doing so, the Germans would have been breaking with their traditional route of invading France, entering through Belgium (Napoleonic Wars, Franco-Prussian War, World War I, etc.). French ignored this though, and put all their effort into these defenses.

I'm American and I like French people. I'm also clinically retarded, but that should not mean much.

In Summary:
==========

The question for any country silly enough to count on the French should not be "Can we count on the French?", but rather "How long until France collapses?"

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."

Or, better still, the quote from the Wall Street Journal: "They're there when they need you."

More Quotes!:
============

“France has neither winter nor summer nor morals. Apart from those drawbacks it is a fine country.
France has usually been governed by prostitutes."

Mark Twain

------------------------------

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me."

General George S. Patton

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."

Norman Schwarzkopf

“We can stand here like the French, or we can do something about it.”

Marge Simpson

“As far as I'm concerned, war always means failure.”

Jacques Chirac, President of France

“The only time France wants us to go to war is when the German Army is sitting in Paris sipping coffee.”

Regis Philbin

“You know, the French remind me a little bit of an ageing actress of the 1940s who was still trying to dine out
on her looks but doesn't have the face for it.”

Unnamed U.S. Senator

“The last time the French asked for 'more proof' it came marching into Paris under a German flag.”

David Letterman

“Only thing worse than a Frenchman is a Frenchman who lives in Canada .”

Ted Nugent

“War without France would be like World War II.”

Unknown

“The favourite bumper sticker in Washington D.C. right now is one that says 'First Iraq , then France’.''

Tom Brokaw

“What do you expect from a culture and a nation that exerted more of its national will fighting against Disney World and Big Macs than the Nazis?”

Dennis Miller

It is important to remember that the French have always been there when they needed us.”

Alan Kent

-----------------------------

“They've taken their own precautions against al-Qa'ida. To prepare for an attack, each Frenchman is urged to keep duct tape, a white flag, and a three-day supply of mistresses in the house.”

Argus Hamilton

“Somebody was telling me about the French Army rifle that was being advertised on eBay the other day. The description was, 'Never shot. Dropped once’.''

Rep. Roy Blunt, MO

“The French will only agree to go to war when we've proven we've found truffles in Iraq.”

Dennis Miller

Q. What did the mayor of Paris say to the German Army as they entered the city in WWII?
A. Table for 100,000 m'sieur?

“Do you know how many Frenchmen it takes to defend Paris ? It's not known, it's never been tried.”

Rep. R. Blount, MO

“Do you know it only took Germany three days to conquer France in WWII? And that's because it was raining!”

John Xereas, Manager, DC Improv

French Ban Fireworks at Euro Disney

(AP), Paris , March 5, 2003

The French Government announced today that it is imposing a ban on the use of fireworks at Euro Disney.
The decision comes the day after a nightly fireworks display at the park, located just 30 miles out of Paris, which
caused the soldiers at a nearby French Army garrison to surrender to a group of Czech tourists.

The WW2 trope is so stale. The real story of the 1940 campaign is of a massive military intelligence and planning failure, rather than a tactical failure or weakness of troops.

The Allies had more and better tanks and planes. The Allies had more top-level troops than the Germans. They just had all their shit lined up in the wrong place, and to top it off, the army and air force refused to cooperate with one another. The air force, believe it or not, had a bureaucratic pride and refused to "prostitute" itself by allowing it to be used in "mere support" of army missions. The army and air forces often didn't even know what the other was up to.

The problem was that nobody in Allied command seriously considered the possibility of a punch through the Ardennes. Had they done so, and made that even a secondary priority to defend, the battle would never have gone the way it did. They would have been able to blunt the German advance, rush troops to the correct theater, and if the Brits had not fled, probably turned the tide.

Hitler and Germany were actually a lot weaker in 1940 than they seemed. His production of heavy equipment was nowhere near where it needed to be. Germany could not have maintained a full-on war in France for 6 to 8 months against a well matched Allied onslaught.

The damn fools at French HQ expected a replay of the Schlieffen Plan from 25 years before.

Anyway that is my 2 cents.

"Anyway that is my 2 cents."

Hell, you can almost get one Euro for those two cents today!! kek

>Unnamed US senator

Wut

> "Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
Kek

>implying the euro is stronger than the dollar
>ishygddt

Let me correct your numerous errors.

Gauls were not French. It would be centuries after the fall of Rome before the Franks and Romano-gallic people plus some celts would form a "French identity".

100 yrs war was a resounding French victory, and had little to do with Jeanne d'arc. Read Desmond Seward's classic book.

Italian wars; were fighting the Habsburgs, not "italians".

Holy fuck, I actually like France ,but that guy just rekt them all.