"football country"

What the fuck, France?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sports_leagues_by_revenue
baseballpilgrimages.com/attendance/major-league-2015.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

post the wiki link pls

Why is the total attendance for baseball so high?

>2,430 games

Look at how many games they have played.

MLB is huge in the US, baseball is the second most popular sport after football and way ahead of basketball and ice hockey.

oh

>below the indian league
HAHAHAHA

who said we were a football country?

The richest rugby league is in France.

>Bundesliga: 43k average per game
>PL: 36k

ahahahahaha

It's more southern France which likes its rugby is it not?

Heavy taxes will do that to you.

for a player to be paid 200k a month, clubs have to spend another 200k to the government
making it impossible to compete with other leagues in term of salaries
so no more good players
except if you have unlimited funds like PSG

Attending a baseball game is similar to going out to a movie or bar. I cannot stress to you enough that it is NOT a sporting event. It probably should not be on this list.

No.

>The richest rugby league is in France.

How do you measure this?

baseball haters are so cringe

by looking at wikipedia

sorry to hear your dad didn't love you

Wages probably.

Higher population, larger stadiums and much lower ticket prices

Does ice hockey have a higher attendance than basketball?

Link? I can't find it.

England and France should be 1 country tBh. You're pretty similar in many ways

average attendance has nothing to do with higher population

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sports_leagues_by_revenue

They are almost identical.

ayy, but the vast majority of the clubs are located mid to southern France. Similar to rugby league in England, most of teams are in the midlands or the north

if only the vatican was more interested in football, they could easily have 15 thousand at each game

Delete this.

> if only the vatican was more interested in football

They play several games a week senpai

They tried once, didn't really take.

Last champion is Racing 92, from Colombes, near Paris.

>>>nearly 74 million people attended MBL games in 2015
baseballpilgrimages.com/attendance/major-league-2015.html

haters should go...

>football country
Nobody in their right mind ever said that about France.
That said, you're comparing a country of 70M to a country of 300M.

yes yes, well done, England, well done, England

HOWEVER

Some northern scum broke through? You can't let this happen.

That's what money does to a sport.
Amateur rugby is still overwhelmingly Southern.

I don't even know how our league manages to generate 56 millon per club with such shitty attendance and TV ratings.

I don't know, ask Serie A.

>Serie A
Mafia.

i dont hate baseball amigo. i live in chicago and go to cubs games all the time thru work. its fun as fuck but no one watches or cares about the team besides holding up "W" signs and talking about "the curse". it aint no gd sport

>games every day, even on weeknights when people have work the next morning
>literally only 3 teams of 30 draw less than 20k a match on average, better than all of france on saturday afternoons when nobody has anything else to do

pathetic

and attendance has been growing in baseball, its not just old people. it's the number 2 sport and will be back to number 1 once american football is either banned or becomes so lame due to safety rules that people stop caring

> no one watches or cares about the team

of course cub "fans" don't. your only exposure to the sport takes place in wrigleyville, you know nothing of which you speak

france stadiuns are not that big.

you just answered yourself

Some EPL stadiums are tiny as hell, a lot are old as hell as well. Also ticket prices in the EPL are stupid so you don't get full attendance in all games especially if the team is playing badly (i.e Villa last season)

A few things :
>France has a much smaller population, 7 million people here is a lot when in the USA,it's a niche
>large stadiums in France are smaller than average stadiums in the USA, with only 4 that have a capacity of more than 50 000. Not to mention a good half of Ligue 1 teams come from smaller cities with smaller infrastructure
>it's also mostly followed on TV anyway

Germany also has standing areas which fits more people in. Need to do it over here.

By european standarts this is not small.

Didn't Old Trafford use to have a standing area? I think its a requirement now by the Government or the FA for all stadiums to be all-seaters over here.

Mate, three fourths of them have less than 40 000 seats, of course you won't have huge attendance numbers with that.
If you really want to get an idea of the popularity of the sport, look at the TV audimat during important games on public channels.

what's the matchday revenue like for french clubs? it's pretty shitty that they can't match clubs from other countries in the big 5. their broadcasting money is shit too: i think a lot of their ligue 1 matches are free to air. like, what the fuck? sort your fucking life out, france!

>I think its a requirement now by the Government or the FA for all stadiums to be all-seaters over here.

After Hillsborough yeah. They've been talking about introducing safe-standing for a few years though.

>Bish Bash League
lol what the fuck kind of name is that?

>i think a lot of their ligue 1 matches are free to air
Some of them are available on free, public TV rather than cable because broadcasting them is seen as a public service and every citizen has the right to follow them without paying for it outside of taxes.
Most of it used to be on Eurosport and is now on qatar TV though.

>including bundesliga's one win in 15 years like you're relevant

hilarious

A lot of games, and the quality difference of live vs recorded is significant.

>Dat steady boreball/pakipaddle consistency even though the populations of those countries are so different

What ? Could be worse. Our national league sucks anyway, since we serve as a formation center for our neighbours.

France isn't a football country

This desu. In Europe there's England, Spain, Italy, Germany at the top, and then the rest.
France is similar to Netherlands I guess, with the difference being that our NT won most of its finals.

It is in that the sport is extremely popular and has been for decades despite both NT and clubs underperforming, and most of our top players leaving the local league.

>Monaco

lel, the most plastic of all the plastic clubs. Stadium is always empty and most of the "supporters" aren't local.
Even with the money they have it still surprises me every time a good foreign player signs there, who the fuck wants to play in an empty stadium every other weekend.

There also aren't that many Monaco locals

Yes, we love many sports such as Rugby, Basket, Tennis, Cycling, Handball, etc.

Football is just one of them, but the retarded OP didnt realise that.

At least we had people from our country in the winning team.

>74 million people

74 million attendees

>who the fuck wants to play in an empty stadium every other weekend

People who want to live in Monaco?

Yeah, it's a really artificial club.

Although we're not a football country, football is still the #1 sport by far here.

It doesn't have huge attendances because it's only loved by the low class who can't afford tickets (France = low pay + high costs of living), and can't afford a car to go to the stadium either. Same thing in Italy, who has weak attendances too.

Also the games in Ligue 1 are terrible and unexciting, who right in his mind wants to spend a big part of his mediocre wage to see Lorient-Angers or Caen-Guingamp?

Hey man, Lorient plays a pretty decent football. But it's true we have a lot of bus parking teams and less goals on average than other good leagues.

They banned all the away supporters (Paris, Lyon, St Etienne, Marseille, Bastia, etc.) It doesn't help for the attendance.

>Lorient-Angers
Actually two of the most interesting teams of the season.

Makes sense when you look at all the retardation that went on in the mid 2000s and the "golden age" of the OM/OL/PSG rivalries that ended in shitty behavior from all sorts of retarded fans. This sort of thing also didn't help to make the average Jean-Pierre wanting to go to the stadium instead of watching the game in his living room with his buddies.

absolutely not just check the audience of France/Germany almost 20M viewers

Yeah but these are people who only watch the Euro and world cup, and only when the NT performs well.

who gives a fuck about rugby outside of a world cup ?

>richest rugby league in the world is top 14

>Huurr there was 20M viewers for france germany

your point is?

I don't know, southerners I guess. I never watched a single game of rugby, not even international.

rugby is the 2nd most important sport in france way behind football
delusional rugbyfag

might aswell stay at home to watch the ligue 1 senpai.

>that reading comprehension

> France = low pay + high costs of living

Arlette, please.

Also, Ligue 1 is clearly not as bad as people say. There is a lot of self-deprecation because for some reason French people always want to complain.

>controle des dommages

He didn't compare it to football, he said it was the richest rugby league in the world. Fucking illiterate.

Holy shit, 18 consecutive french posts, we're invading Sup Forums lads

People in the south-west and in Clermont-Ferrand.
Note how a lot of cities that have good rugby teams also have abysmal football teams. Top 14 doesn't have as large an audience as the Ligue 1, but the few people who really follow it are very dedicated, much more than you average football club supporter.

The 6 Nations tbqh.

Ligue 1 isn't as bad as people who never watched a single game of it say, that's for sure.
But it's also definitely inferior to the top leagues in Europe, in good part because of the lower financial power which makes the best players leave at the end of every season.

>6 weeks of great weekend games at comfy afternoon hours and evening
>mad Sup Forums bant all tournament long
>yearly international competition
6 Nations season, the most wonderful time of the year.

French football fans themselves never stop saying that France isn't a football country and that only suddenly cares about it when the national team does well in tournaments.

that's why the word "footix" exists.

This. If we could keep our young talents in Ligue 1 its attractivity would skyrocket. But they all go grab a big paycheck on the english benches.

Monaco is too expensive a city for low-class football fans. Richer folks don't care about it that much.

The only fanbase that would call a baseball game "like going to a movie or bar" is Cubs fans.

Every other team's stadium is filled with people who are there to watch the sport.

INDIAN CRICKET IS ABOVE BIG BLACK LEAGUE
HAHHAHAGAH

>Doha Saint-Germain inflating the salaries might be a necessary evil to make the Ligue 1 competitive again and avoid our national players leaving the country

Nice try, but I'm a Lyon fan.