"Heavy metal is the most conservative form of music there is...

"Heavy metal is the most conservative form of music there is. Not even a high school gym teacher could get that many people to all dress exactly the same."

Other urls found in this thread:

blabbermouth.net/news/jello-biafra-nazi-trump-fk-off/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

His band Lard was industrial metal

>a punk complaining about metalheads all looking the same
Jello's sound, but he shows a staggering lack of self-awareness at times

cry more

And his most recent song is with Al on surgical meth machine so its basically Lard

is he wrong?

Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables [Cherry Red, 1980]

I want there to be more punk rock, I do, I do. I want there to be more left-wing New Wave. By Americans, at that. But not from a singer with a Tiny Tim vibrato who spent the first half of the '70s perfecting rock cabaret. And it sounds like, although I could be mistaken, Jello Biafra started listening to the Stooges in 1977. C-

he said 'heavy' metal
don't think he was aware of underground metal at that time
perhaps since there was no underground metal yet

If he said that in the early 80s, when DK were relevant, probably. Metal at that time was just, like, Dio, Ozzy, Judas Priest, and that shit.

this fag thought that sex pistols were the only relevant punk act ever

He wasn't wrong. Punk rock ended on February 2, 1979.

Says the punk

He gave American Idiot a C. I can't hate him for that.

thank god hardcore was way better than anything that came out of the punk rock scene, right?

Source please. Can't find this quote on Google.

It was from his spoken word album "No More Cocoons".

blabbermouth.net/news/jello-biafra-nazi-trump-fk-off/

Oiy.

I can't help but feel like as time goes by less and less people know what nazis actually are.

Child Bite vocals are often very Jello and they have a new album this year that's very amazing

except punk is way more diverse in terms of style and influence, how can you even deny that?

because punk isn't even a genre

There are as many different types of metal as there are punk, and this is coming from someone who consideres punk vastly superior. Jello is just up his own ass, like he always has been.

>when you move the goalposts that hard
he complains about metalheads all dressing the same, yet punks do the exact same thing, there was never mention of the musical styles

all sounds the same to me desu but people say that about punk

>all sounds the same

this is what people say when they haven't heard much of it

i think the point that metalheads are more conformist because there's less diversity, every sub-genre of punk has wildly different fashion whilst metal is basically all battle jackets and similar no matter the sub genre

This is true, I've only really listened to Stoner and Thrash because thats the only stuff I immediately liked when I heard it. All rock music I don't like sounds the same to me so I think you're on to something. It just sounds overproduced and sterile. Music I like reaches out to me

>every sub-genre of punk has wildly different fashion

Not really. Different haircuts sometimes (skinhead or not skinhead) but thats about it.

Seriously... when was the last time you went to a punk show? People these days just dress like normal people.

Yup. It's post punk for me. I've never heard any I particularly liked, so it all just sounds the same to me.

he's so aggressively wrong about fucking everything

funny post-punk is my genre, but no point in proselytizing

>these days
Come on, the crazy Mohawks and studs look was exclusive to the NYC and British punk scenes. The Seattle punk scene for example everyone wore flannel and jeans because that was the normal clothing worn by working class people in the Pacific Northwest. Later of course turned into a retarded fashion statement by corporate America.

>Mohawks and studs look was exclusive to the NYC and British punk scenes

jesus christ dude just stop

Christgau said that metal is an inherently conservative, pastoral, and reactionary genre of music or something to that effect.

Fuck that guy though.

but he also admires its integrity

what. since when is almost any metal right wing? most of it is all antiwar and anti-Christianity.

that's not necessarily what conservative always means

I've never intentionally listened to a single metal song and even I know this is right

>most of it is all antiwar

can you post an example?

also being anti-christian isn't necessarily left wing.

also consider for a second how many NSBM bands that are out there.

Christgau also said that The Beatles were a good band.
Fuck that guy.

*wrong

how did I mess that up?

didn't biafia literally steal thousands of dollars from his bandmates?

>anti-Christianity

Crimeny, not all metal is Varg Vikernes. I mean, Iommi and Butler were (and are) big Catholics. Dio was too.

Antiwar isn't left or right though. Nobody actually likes war but a nutcase.

Uh...James Hetfield and Dave Mustaine are both big conservatives nowadays.

dat true