Sup fags. Maybe any of you have/had duch problem of aggresive cystic acne (face, chest, back)...

Sup fags. Maybe any of you have/had duch problem of aggresive cystic acne (face, chest, back). I am on my 7th month of accutane treatment and that does shit. Maybe some less cysts appeared on face, but more on my chest and back. Tried changing diets, using natural soap, removing fast foods and soda from diet. I change my sheets regulary. Anyone can relate?

Other urls found in this thread:

apotek1.no/produkter/scott-mathiesens-hudvann-naf-liniment-100ml-327817p
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah, Bro.
I've tried everything too. Up'd my intake of vitamin A, used acne soaps, etc. the only thing that really helped was going to the dermatologist... he prescribed me this hardcore acne topical cream 6 months later, im breakout free. But I had to change my eating habits and up my intake of water.

I was at the dermathologist and she prescribed that worthless accutane. So far not much of a result.

That prescription stuff is Isotretinoin, btw.

I know, it is actually the same thing...

i had it pretty bad and it seemed somewhat incurable, i switched to this highly regarded brand called exposed and it did help a bit. the thing that cured it, though, was i think i just grew out of it. still use exposed, when i stop i get some breakouts, but its almost all but cleared up.

Mine aint cystic but holy fuck this summer

Im 20 and I still get spots regularly and have a lot of acne scars on my cheeks because my dad gave me retarded advice on how to deal with it.

Now my personal hygiene has improved but the outbreaks are still pretty rough.

hot weather only makes acne worse.

Its fucking awful. I hate it.

Pain and the look of it made me uncomfortable af and made me think of fucking killing myself atleast twice a day, however i know i aint gonna do it.

had the same problem. the thing that worked for me was a combimation of salicylic acid and aloe vera gel.

after i get out of the shower i mix some aloe and salicylic acid and spread it on my chest back and face

Sunlight doesn't work well with (most) acne treatments and causes bleaching but drop all the shits, go out and start being active it helps get rid of the bad shit in your system. Also don't stress out at all don't ever touch you face or back and wash with neutregana oil free like every other day for a long while, or until you start seeing change. and acutane can fuck you up pretty bad unless you have extremly bad acne like where there like chunks of flesh missing, get off of it.

Back in high school I had acne on my face really bad. Tried doctor prescribed things and nothing helped. It usually dried my skin up so much that along with acne I had flakey skin.

Best thing you can do is just accept it and wait to grow out of it. The peak of my acne was around 16. I'm 22 now and will get a pimple or two. Mostly on my forehead. Just wait it out and enjoy yourself

Shit makes you suicidal.

Never got it too bad on my back, but it was moderately bad on my face. Not as bad as some people thank god. I grew out of it.

Lol
I've never had a problem with zits, only a few here and there, never more than 2. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta

The looks are the worst part. if I didn't have this acne or glasses, i'd be pretty good looking. Heres me during a pretty clear spell. But a lot of the time i get a pizza face and it ruins my whole face.

oldfag here, 31/m

had terrible cystic acne on my face and back from my teens til 20

used accutane for 8 months, and it completely went away

it will improve with time though

dont give up

Medically speaking, accutane fucks your shit up. And it can mess up your hormones for LIFE. I'd get off it as soon as you can. Hope that you grow out of it. Have you gone anywhere to get your hormones checked? Like, as in, not a family doctor or dermatologist?

this

Sheets change every night, because of the blood.

Even struggling with it as a teen I didn't want to use that or anything similar. I decided to continue with normal cleaning, OTC products where needed and grow out of it.

Both my parents have this shit and so do I. Fun times, dieting, taking pills and salves kinda helped for my face, still my back is Rekt.

>wash every day
>get into lifting
>eat clean food only, no greasy shit
>cut out soda and candy, anything sugary
Your skin should improve if you follow that

and you are basing this on...?

Afair i did some basic tests and nothing was out of norm. Dermathologist said that it's a half of this treatment, this is the last box of accutane i take, won't listen to her no more.

You look clean as a baby here.

Being an RPh, working in the pharmaceutical industry for 5 years and hearing all the shit that can happen to you on accutane. It's better that this is a guy, because girls have even more problems with accutane. It's incredibly teratogenic and can and will create problems in fertility later in life

I had a moderately severe cystic acne case cleared with accutane.

Accutane will make the acne worse before it makes it better. How it works is it essentially shuts off and "resets" the production of oil in your skin to regular levels.

It takes time, some longer than others. Fight the mood swings, pile on the lotion and carmax and you'll come out without acne (with the exception of occasional pimples every now and then).

Got something like this, can relate. My cam is shit. (Op)

My friend in high school was on Accutane, died in his sleep. Choked on vomit. They never could pin it on Accutane, but that's what it was. Once he was on that he became way different and it barely did anything.

>Shower every day since I was 14
>Workout daily
>Hate greasy food anyway so I don't even eat fat meat
>Don't drink anything but water and eat fruits instead of candy
My skin is still shit.

Hey bro, i know what youre are going through. I had a major out break from sterroids not to long ago. What iv done to really help my sking is the following

Made hormone injections more frequent. Might not pertain to you

I shower twice a day

I use habd sanatizer on my entire body after shower. Walgreens is the best brand iv found. Its cheap and the moisturizer leaves skin feeling nice and smooth.

Coconut oil before bed on entire body. It has antibacteria properties. The oil gets into the pores helping the dirt out of pores(read about this and then try a small area first. Sounded fake when i first heard about it.)

Dairy is supposed to be bad. Limit dairy as much as possible.

Drink plenty of water

then youre just fucked genetically man.

Uhh... I've been more likely to vomit at night lately. (Op)

Every time I get a prescription for accutane, myorisan, etc (all accutane but different brands) for someone under the age of 16 I have a talk with the parents on the risks and benefits of being on accutane. Unless the child's acne is to the point of them wanting to kill themself, I try to talk them out of it. most people grow out of acne. I really only support its use in those over the age of 20 because by then it's likely not due to "puberty acne"

take zinc, 200% daily recommended value every day

Yep my mom has scars all over her and my dad's back is also fucked and they both still get cysts although they're almost 50.

Take a dick every now and then, also.

This side effect is found in about 10% of populations using accutane though highly under-reported. nausea and vomiting is especially common when the patient is starting it (first 6 months) -- Sleep on your side or stomach

Im that clean maybe 10% of the time at a push.

There has been research done that shows diet has little to nothing to do with acne and that it's purely genetic, because it has to do with the production of whatever it is blocking your pores.

With that said, dairy and sugar isn't really good for you anyways, and cutting that out of your diet might improve your skin.

What I don't understand is how some period my skin will clear up pretty good and I'll be super happy about it, and only 2-3 weeks later it blows up again in super obvious spots, and I'm 22, this shit is still here... Fml

I sleep on stomach anyway, because itch on the back is killing me. (Op)

Had it bad as a teenager, OP. Get your ass to the ocean and spend hours in it.

Also, stop using shampoo regularly. Use it only when you feel extra gross. Otherwise, hand/body soap to clean your scalp and conditioner to keep your hair from frizzing out.

you look exactly like me, acne and everything.
For what i've read long hair also fucks with bacne cause of hair oils

I use body wash/shampoo with low ph, just for that. (Op)

What kind of laundry detergent do you use? Can you change it or exclude it for a little while?

As i remember, swimming in pool helped a bit for a moment (chlorine water) it might be a key to that. (Op)

Go out in the sun more, go for swims in the beach, actually scrub that shit twice a day in the shower.

Problem solved

As summer came, i don't wear top or lay on my back, so that shouldn't make a difference. (Op)

What about your sheets/pillow case though?

I am on accutane - my skin is thinner and going out to sun isn't a good idea (i use special cream for skin).

Ima ask an obvious question: how often do you shower? Make it everyday if it isnt. What helped me though was i have oily as fuck skin and facewashes never worked, i ended up buyinh a fuckin charcoal soap from an organic store... holy shit it worked. I recommend it ONLY for oily skin because it really strips all the oil away, so it might dry you out if your skin isnt oily.

But ya, after about a month i've had the clearest face since i was like 12.. it fuckin works man

Do you guys recommend acutane? I have very bad face acne and horrible back acne I heard it works wonders but with all the side effects I'm not sure

Yes, i shower daily, with cold water.

It's some generic detergent from a grocery.

i do. i had severe scaring cystic acne on my back and after i went on acutane, it cleared up within a week. my side effects was that the skin on my face and lips started to dry out and peel, but i just used a daily facial moisturizer and you couldnt even tell. I was only on it for a month. before it i had about 5 to 10 active spots, now, its been about 9 months and i've had 1-2 active maybe and if i shower every day i usually have less. im not sure if i grew out of it, but it seems like too much of a coincidence for me. I think it really helped me

(Op) I'm on my 7th month and nothing changed. You can see the "results"

TLDR; No. Get your hormones checked and unless you're looking like a mutant wait it out.

Sorry, I need to clarify that it only took 1 month to clear, but it's been years and still using it and my face is still fuckin crystal clear

why cold water?

Just go in the sun it helps a lot

Wash with only water for a few weeks and see if that helps. Also, don't use fabric softener.

Well, I don't shower every day, if I'm not going out I usually don't shower, I work 4 days a week so I shower atleast 5 times a week anyways

Sounds interesting about the charcoal soap, because I have very oily skin, but from what I've heard, drying out the skin is not good either, because the body will just compensate and produce MORE "oil". I'll read about the charcoal soap though, thanks

To be honest I don't understand this shit at all, acne is something so many people suffer from, we can cure fucking cancer but there still isn't a cure to acne..

I mean, with warm water, and with cold at the end. Afair it helps with acne in some way.

Just "going out in the sun" is difficult in wintertime in the northern hemisphere, where we have 5 hours of sunlight and those hours are spent at work or school

I took accurate for a year before it all went away. It works m8 and if it doesn't for you go on a higher dose

frank body coffee scrub.

Warm water opens up your pores. Dirt and bacteria gets in your purse and creates pimples and black heads. Cold water closes them.

thanks anons i'm going to do this now

I find hard to wash hair with only water, but i'll try.

Pos phone. Pores not purse.

You look much better, good you took out that nose ring.

You should also try using a dry brush. Supposedly you use it to remove toxins from your body. I get black heads on my back. When I scrub my back with the brush it clears up my back.

(Op) I guess i have enough advices to try. I'll save every of your replies, ty bros.

I had them pretty bad, but I've grown out of the worst of it. There's some bullshit in it, sure, but I use this stuff with "sea whip coral" in it, which also has a fuckton of retinol in it. Stuff clears up your face pretty well, but you should look into a benzoyl peroxide facial scrub/masque, that shit works really well, as well as on your back. See if your doc can prescribe you some clindamycin, that shit's awesome.

I'll see that.

You can ignore the "pregnant woman" part of this.

"Sleeping on the left side doesn't only improve pregnant women's circulation. It can also help to relieve pressure on the back, keep the uterus from squeezing the liver, and increase blood flow to the uterus, kidneys, and fetus"

Not sure if it's relevant, but I've really never gotten acne. I could be lucky, or it could also be from the fact that I haven't used Shampoo since I was 17. 23 now and the only person that uses it is my hair stylist to clean my hair before she cuts it. My hair is a little oily by the afternoon, but nothing a towel can't take care of.

Try Spironolactone. You'll be breakout free, less greasy/oily (lower levels of sebaceous glands), you won't feel like you have to fuck everything you see, and you won't have to shave as frequently.

This
Saltwater improved my acne like nothing else its even better than BPO.
Just buy some sea salt, mix it with water and wash your face with it. Let it dry (dont use a towel). Do this 3-4 times a day.
Do some research on saltwater against acne, its fucking amazing.

DMSO
Useful for lots of stuff. Buy on amazon. Learn about it on the site webMD.

Scars after taking accutene for 3 years now.
>Tfw worst case multiple derms ever seen

Bad acne runs in the family, father and uncle both have scarred faces.

Had three 4-month courses of Isotretinoin (Roaccutane - same thing different name).

Worked wonders for me BUT I increased my water intake a LOT, changed my diet (tomatoes and other foods with antioxidants in them seem to help), exercised more (cardio) and often showered twice daily.

I still get loads on my back/shoulders, but it's bearable.

I've heard sleeping with your face on a dry towel/clean sheets can help (I tried it, didn't seem to do much for me).

On the other side, Isotretinoin does induce depression/suicidal ideation in about 10% (as of 2007), I'm pretty sure that's under-reported though. Having a good support network of family/friends + good communication will help with that.

is talking shit, it has no long-term effect on fertility that I know of. It can be dangerous if you have impaired liver function though. Pretty sure it's passed on via breast milk too so best to avoid if your pregnant or breastfeeding.

Source: Medfag/Textbooks

Yikes.
Just tell people you survived a fire or something

Not sure about shampoo but can definitely agree with saltwater. Swimming pools help too, for exercise and for the chlorinated water

dude, holy fucking shit, I thought my scarring was bad. Seriously, tell people you survived a lightning strike, that shit doesn't even look like acne scarring anymore.

Freddy Kreuger, is that you?

I was on zenatane for 7 months, took the shit pretty irregularly though. This was me before

And me after the 7 months

Better lighting.
Yes.

i had it bad for years. took oxycycline for 2 months and its been gone ever since

I would say stick with accutane . It worked for me. I was on 80mg for 6 months. It was hell for 6 months but worth

Can confirm. Water uptake is super important. Aim for 1 gallon minimum a day

wow! those are deep!
that must have been painful:(

it looks much better. im glad to hear it worked that well for you.

i have very very mild acne on my back and shoulders, but i have noticed that im much better when i can keep the area really dry. im using this product alot at the moment:
apotek1.no/produkter/scott-mathiesens-hudvann-naf-liniment-100ml-327817p

its from a norwegian pharmacy and main ingredients are:
alcohol to dry out the skin and to keep the skin from producing the zit stuff.
hydrochloric acid to shorten the length of infection in the skin.
boric acid wich is antiseptic and reduces bacterias and fungal growth.

this works wonders if you get a bad breakout.

Im on my 4th month of accutane. The first time the dermatologist fucked me up big time and i ended up getting horrible cysts and acne fulminalis. Went to new derm and started over again

Same I have to change sheets almost every night cuz of blood

Chest, mind my shitty tattoo.

i had it just like you broh , i know how it feels , now im better i have scars but its not painfull and also everyone had scars (not as miuch like me) but im kind ok now , but always had a fear of going breaking insane like before (sorry 4 my bad english im from sudamerica)