What's a realistic finish for >us next year?

What's a realistic finish for >us next year?

5th

6th - 4th

relegation

With Klopp and Mane in, I think we have a real shot at the title. I think it could really be our year la.

mid-table

southampton tier

17th

There's going to be competition from United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and possibly Leicester if they manage to keep Kante and Mahrez. So that means you'll finish 7th/8th.

1st

7th

New LB + CM then top 4, if not then 5th

Top 4 shouldn't be out of reach if you look at the statistics since Klopp took over.

Top 5 , could reach top 4 if mou ends up choking in Manchester

Our year

Liverpool champions

screencap this

>If
Pretty much guaranteed

Memes aside, probably 2nd. I think it'll be between Tottenham, Liverpool and Chelsea while the others get absolutely BTFO focusing on each other.

6th. I'm not sure where all this crazy Liverpool optimism is coming from, they're only slightly better than they were last season and the teams above them have all improved significantly.

Liverpool is looking so much weaker than West ham.

Maybe 8th

11th

memes aside, top four is a realistic aim

Think united and city are pretty much guaranteed top four, then between us, chelsea, spurs and arsenal for the last 2 spots. If sturridge is fit we have arguably the most complete front four out of those teams (QT, firmino, mane; Sturridge).

Also think a lot will depend on whether matip and karius turn out to be awesome or meh, as our defence and mingelel was shit for most of last season.

Realistially:
8th last season
Klopp is reported to be chopping 15 players
Klopp has brought in budget players that no one else was interested in signing
Klopp's style will cause injuries, especially the preseason training....3 sessions each day? His style is objectively hard on players
United, City, Spurs and Chelsea have gone to war in this window, all chasing top tier signings. West Ham and Everton are showing great ambition, but results are incomplete. Leicester, IMHO, have had an excellent window so far, buying perfect players for their style. Arsenal is a wild card.
L'pool have already played 52 games with Klopp and should understand his tactics (those players who are not sold),
Pressing mostly was a successful tactic last season, by Spurs and Pool. It isn't clear if top half teams will adjust squads to combat it.

Overall, I see them losing ground to the top 5 or 6 teams. So far they have added a 3rd tier CB and GK. Their pressing style will bother teams until adjustments are made to defeat it, like Rodger's 352 in 2014-15.

I just can't see any reason that Liverpool would move up the table, beyond lack of Europe. And that is not enough to offset the quality in the teams ahead of them. I see it as impossible that they finish ahead of City, United, Spurs, Chelsea, Leicester or Arsenal.

Best guess 6th-12th, depending on further transfers around the league and Liverpool injuries.

>If sturridge is fit we have arguably the most complete front four out of those teams (QT, firmino, mane; Sturridge)

Eriksen/Alli/Lamela/Kane and Hazard/Oscar/Willian/Costa (in theory) are both better. Arsenal's front four is about as good as Liverpool's (Sanchez and Ozil are miles ahead of Coutinho and Firmino), and if they sign a striker then it will be better too. And that's without even mentioning the back four or central midfield...

10th-6th I think

>tfw I remember how close it was in 13/14

West Ham, Chelsea, Leicester, City, United, Arsenal and Spurs will all finish above Liverpool. Everton, Soton and Liverpool are all around the same quality and will be fighting to stay in the top half of the tablw

You think Coutinho, Firmino, Mane, and Sturridge are better than Sterling, Silva, De Bruyne, and Aguero?

As an example to back up my post,Everton just bid £38M for Koulibaly. Compare to Matip, who was bought for a few million.

Why are >we so average despite spending so much?

7th

I'm with everyone saying 7th. Liverpool are worse than all the consistently good teams, as well as whichever teams turn out to be next season's top memes (Leicester, West Ham, Tottenham, Southampton, etc- there's always at least one), but better than everyone else.

And since last season was exciting, this season is going to be boring, so that definitely rules out a top-four finish or a relegation battle for >you.

6th or 7th.

Best case is a run of good form looking to snatch 4th and blowing up as normal to finish 5th.

Worst case we fuck up proper and end up 12-13th.

4th to 6th. But hopefully 4th.

Liverpool are in a unique position where they have the resources of an elite team (they're richer than Juventus) with none of the prestige or any real chance of winning one of the three major trophies. Top players would rather play for Man United, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, and even Spurs. So Liverpool are forced to overpay for players who are slightly above average (Lallana, Mane, Benteke) or have the potential to be great one day (Coutinho, Firmino, Suarez back when >you first bought him). And as soon as one of those players becomes great, he leaves, Liverpool try and fail to find a top player to replace him, and the cycle of buying mediocrity and potential starts again.

You're discount Tottenham.

Tottenham, United, City and Chelsea may be the top four
Then comes Liverpool and Leicester for the next spots
Objectively Everton and West Ham may do better than Arsenal

I think Liverpool will just shy off a CL spot, but I am almost 90% sure they will win a local trophy. There will be too much competition in the EPL for LFC to get top 4 unless the CL and/or EL has to say something about that.

6th

Gotta try for top 4

might not happen but thats the aim

>What's a realistic finish for >us next year?
What I'm about to post comes from a Liverpool fan with his feet on the ground like myself.

With some luck, 3rd place.
If everything goes well, 4th.
Realistically, 5th or 6th.
Disappointment, 7th
Complete shit + bad luck, 8th and lower

I do believe that >we can win trophies with Klopp, but reckon that trophies will come some seasons from now, maybe in 2018-19 or later. This is how long term projects work. It took Bill Shankly 4 years to win anything, and Liverpool only become a real potence in Europe until 15 years later. It took 5 years for Ferguson to win anything, and United only became relevant until more than 10 years later.

This is what >we get for signing that retard Hodgson, not keeping Kenny's project in 2012 and not letting Rodgers get the players he needed the last few seasons.

I don't expect Liverpool to become Pep's Barca-tier dominant in a couple seasons, but I do expect them to be tough contenders and win some trophies. This will also coincide with the end of the short-term plans of Mourinho and Guardiola, which will probably benefit Liverpool.

6th

Yeah, because Money paid equals quality of the player, right?

96th

people forget that Sturridge will be injured after the 2nd game of the season, that means Liverpool have no striker

and THAT means they'll finish 9th

Coutinhos (the guy who will be transfered to Barca after the winter break) longshots can't save them all the time

Ings will be injured after the 5th game

why would Barca want Coutinho?

these are my exact thoughts

Spot on regarding the striker. They have no trustworthy outlet up front.

Also for me Sturridge is massively overrated and also an insufferable, selfish dickhead who doesn't fit Klopp's style but he's still their best striker.

Iniesta is over the hill, they need a replacement

That's not really true what happened was our buying strategy was to buy players that looked like they had a bit of potential in the hope they proved good while other teams fought over the big players and it didn't really work

for the millionth time

Coutinho is not good enough for Barcelona

comparing him to Iniesta is insulting

Current Coutinho is better than current Iniesta, that's not even up for debate.

awful bait friendo

it's like saying someone should replace their old Aston Martin with a Fiat because the Fiat is currently in better condition

Objectively the fiat is better though.

that is up for debate

because it is wrong

You gotta thank Rodgers for that
I don't know who thought bringing that idiot to the club was a good idea, with his small club mentality translating into small club players
The "transfer committee" is plain stupid, too. Fucking yanks. I miss the Rafa days.

Eriksen>Coutinho
Firmino=Alli
Mane>>Lamela (I realise lamela isn't shit anymore)
A fit sturridge>>>>>Kane (I'm not just saying this cos of Kane being shit at the euros, sturridge scores just as regularly, gets way more assists and his all round game is so much better.

Hazard> Coutinho
Firmino>Oscar
Mane>Willian (le score a couple good free kicks in october man)
Costa=Sturridge

Coutinho>Ramsey
Ozil>>Firmino
Sanchez>Mane
Sturridge>>>>>>Jiroo

Genuinely I don't think that's a particularly out there opinion that liverpool have one of the best attacks in the league. Since Klopp joined no team has created more chances in the PL and if sturridge is fit we have a clinical finisher as well. Also coutinho, firmino, mane and sturridge is a pretty amazing blend of creativity, pace, flair, power - hence most complete front four.

I'm not one of those delusional scousers who thinks emre can should be starting for germany.

No imo better than arsenal, chelsea and spurs' front fours.

20th

>Kenny's project in 2012

>Caroll for record fee
>0 goals 0 assists Downing
>Bellamy
>Charlie Adam

Nice project you had going there. Shame.

Man U
Chelsea
Lestah
City
Arse
Liverpool

There is absolutely no way a Manchester club doesn't win the league next season.

Talisca to Liverpool for €25M supposedly almost finished. I can't see how yet another AM will improve things.

>Liverpool fans actually think Coutinho is good enough for Barca as a replacement for fucking Iniesta

I'm starting to think it's bait tbqh

>tfw no /trans/ today

>Coutinho
>better than/good enough to replace Iniesta

Especially as they've now got Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana and Mane who all play their best football as a no10.

When they play well, they'll look really good. But Liverpool fans are in for a lot of frustrating performances next season when they come up against sides that won't give them space.

What's the story about Klopp and Clyne? Tweets going around that Clyne doesn't like playing for Klopp and wanted to transfer.

>Firmino Coutinho Lallana and Mane are all footballs best no10.

m8

it depends

moreno is lelverpool's weakest link
is he staying?

Not delusional, but
> Overrating Sturridge >>> Kane
> Mane > Willian, just because a couple of freekicks
Serious, the main asset of Liverpool is Klopp. If he manages to execute a good strategy rather than following fans' 'attacking meme' strategy, they will do fine.

This.

th

>Arsenal is still shit
>ManUtd is retarded enough to sell off good players to buy Pogba
>Chelsea is still shit

Liverpool can be 2nd or 1st

it depends on how well Man City will do

Fucking delusion

1st

96th

Why did you bother writing this nonsense? Just say "I'm a slanty eyed United fan which is why I won't say anything good about liverpool'

>Since Klopp joined no team has created more chances in the PL

That's a misleading statistic, though:

-Milner passes to Coutinho
-Coutinho shoots from 40 yards out and misses by a mile
-"chance created"

8th or 9th after a hot start that has all the scousers claiming its their year

below southampton