What is it about The Beatles that attracts normalfags?

Like those people who barely listen to anything and go apeshit over the Beatles and everything they did like it was never done before and they were the greatest of all time.

Beatles nerds are somehow the worst out of any hardcore fan because they know fuck all about anything else.

I know this is asking an awful lot from you, but why don't you leave your parents' basement and ask one?

backwards masking

because we're going a bit back to hippie times

Because it is simple and catchy,.

Nobody out there listens to the same acidcore reggae I like

So is the chart stuff that your average Beatles nerd hates

It's perhaps the most perfect balance of art and accessibility ever struck in music. Normies can enjoy it and feel sophisticated for doing so.

That clearly wasn't the point of you putting pants on for the first time in 3 weeks and stepping into sunlight.

Art by 1966 standards at least.

The status of liking critically acclaimed music whilst still being extremely accessible.
Also the safety in knowing you won't have your music taste questioned in public

Is there a reason you don't like beatles? Is it because theyre so popular, you feel you can't like them.

I've listened to a fuck load of music, but I still regard the beatles as one of the best bands ever.

By having the most vanilla taste you can think of

I do like them but they get boring after a while because their accomplishments don't seem as cool later on. They didn't write as well as Dylan and the Stones and the Who were (arguably) better players.

keep it up OP. love the butthurt.

I listen to them to admire phil collins playing style more than anything, but I know what you mean.

I do still love their early prog songs that were theatrical as fuck. Like Watcher of the Skies and Temple of Salmacis.

They made a lot of shitty songs and there were plenty of artists at the time who were much more adventerous and genuinely provocative even while making accessible pop music.

>Is it because theyre so popular, you feel you can't like them.

See, this is one of the worst traits of Beatles fans. They think no one can possibly dislike the Beatles and mean it. They must be contrarians who hate anything popular.

That's lots of bands. Mainly Radiohead.

>Beatles nerds are somehow the worst out of any hardcore fan because they know fuck all about anything else.

This. I can't stand Beatles fanboys. Grade A sign of someone who knows fuck all about songwriting is anyone who thinks Lennon was the best of all time.

Woops wrong thread.

Not even Lennon liked his own songwriting

I disagree, they're production was revolutionary, they had a very distinct sound and style that came from them being self taught and trying to replicate a more articulate style. People just write them off because of their slow catchy style.

Thats like saying pink floyd aren't as good as Genesis because they're not as good musicians.

I agree with this, they weren't great lyricists, but thats irrelevant, they're lyrics aren't what they're famous for.

Exactly, nobody hates vanilla

Posturing. If you talk like this about the Beatles, you will sound to other rand-os like you know what you're talking about, you "appreciate the classics," etc.

underrated

please enlighten us on what great song writing is

Death Grips - Get Got

easiest pleb giveaway is "child who cannot withhold his own disdain for the beatles"

if you can't at the very least appreciate what the beatles did then you should either spend more time with their entire catalog or more time listening to different kinds of music. nothing more pathetic then guy who doesn't understand the fucking beatles lmao.

>beatles are shit
>Posts death grips in response

>What is it about The Beatles that attracts normalfags?

why does this stupid question keep getting asked? it's so obvious

>most well known band of all time
>considered by virtually every normie authority (think rolling stone) to be the greatest band of all time
>perhaps the most influential band of all time
>they were a cultural phenomenon
>they received more attention/press than any other band ever
>the vast majority of their songs are simple, catchy and you hear all the lyrics clearly. that's how you make the most popular music possible
>every member of the band is identifiable. they all had distinct, clear personalities (in terms of how they were viewed by the public)

What did he mean by this?

>they're production was revolutionary

I don't disagree, but this is a purely technical aspect of their music and doesn't reflect their talent as musicians or songwriters at all.

>Thats like saying pink floyd aren't as good as Genesis because they're not as good musicians.

Pink Floyd isn't as good as Genesis, but there's nothing wrong with that reasoning at all.

Faggot

pottery

actually I think this might be falseflagging

Production is part of the bands sound, it absolutely reflects why they are popular. Not even just production, Ringo was revolutionary in his drum tuning, being one of the first to tune flat drums for a heavier sound.

As for Pink Floyd and Genesis, it's a different argument, and I'm not on your side there, they're great for different reasons, but at least in the prog rock industry, pink floyd was leagues ahead. Genesis has incredible progressions with drastic changes throughout, but Pink Floyd has an immersion to their sound. I can't think of any other band that comes to them in that regard.

op is a pleb, also nice dubs.

Normiefags love drooling over the Beatles, but I have yet to meet one who don't denigrate White Album

White album is my favourite album by a long way. Nothing like a bit of real sound beatles.

for me its a toss up between magical mystery tour and the white album. the while album is incredible, it has so much content and the variety keeps is constantly refreshing.

lifelong beatle fag here, i will not lie, it is kind of hard for me to articulate what exactly makes me love them and always be able to go back to their catalog but i think ill try.

i think its because they secretly have one of the greatest rhythm sections of all time. paul and ringo are both incredible in what they do and they perfectly compliment each other. before i hear any complaints about ringos drumming, i think his ability to create memorable beats while keeping it reserved is astonishing, there are numerous songs where his drumming is front and center and im positive i could name most of their catalog just by listening this his drums. i also fucking love every fill he ever did.

>their lyrics aren't what they're famous for
>what is Norwegian Wood
>what is Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
>what is Strawberry Fields
>what is I am the Walrus
>what is Julia

Where the fuck did you get that idea? Lennon's acidic (yet at times admittedly purposeless) lyricism is some of the most famous and credible in music history.