Theaters implementing "Tweet Seats"

>Well, hallelujah! As soon as I read about this, I instantly had to stop to write about it. Do you tweet, update your facebook status, text, pin and even check your email while in the movie theater? Do the people sitting around you give you the “wtf is wrong with you?” look when you light up the otherwise dark room with your smartphone? It’s happened to me many, many times. #dontjudgeme

Burn America down and start over

Other urls found in this thread:

cellphone-jammers.com/caiman-powerful-jammer.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The attention span of the average American has been so badly shortened that they cannot take their fucking eyes off their phone for one hour and fifteen minutes.

Just let that sink in. People are no longer patient enough for movies. For fucking movies. No wonder nobody fucking reads anything longer than a tweet anymore. Notice how threads that begin with a one line thoughtless meme get 200 replies while a thread started with a relatively intelligent comment that is a paragraph long get ten or twenty.

Sup Forums is just one part of the problem. Smartphones are for dumb fucking people.

There's nothing wrong with using your phone in a theater if you take care to to not distract others.

when's the last time a movie that was 75 minutes long hit theaters

How do you go about doing this, wrap yourself in a fucking blanket? Whether you think so or not, it is distracting.

tbqh i would have no problem with the back row of the theater being designated as some kind of "phone zone"

there's no one behind you to distract with the screen so what's the problem?

That's probably why the superhero flicks are so popular. Every shot is 1.3 seconds long and every other line is a quip shorter than a tweet.

Except that it ruins the movie for you.

If they were going to do this it should be the seats furthest back. Everyone else sits in front of them.

This shit pisses me off because if you look at the reasons theaters are doing this, its because they think "young people" can't be without their phones, and that they aren't going to the movies because they aren't allowed to text

it's condescending as fuck

maybe it's because movie tickets are $11 and its only capeshit??

Or maybe I'm not going to movie theaters because they're filled with faggots who won't put their phones down.

>and its only capeshit?
Now you're projecting.

Young people get student discounts anyhow, their tickets are only like $7 depending on where you go.

search movie theater phone or whatever on twitter. There are tons of shitheads that do it now even though it's widely looked down upon. Young people can't live without their phone and in 2016 $11 for a ticket isn't bad. Where I live two tickets on a weekend night is over $30

Yeah, there is.

What do you think of twitter? Do you use it? Like it? Hate it?

The only time I've had people pull out their phone in the middle of the theater it was fucking Indians, never blacks. Looks like it's a trend.

does that look indian to you

Where in the fuck do you live were theaters give you a student discount?

Just tell a staff member and get them kicked out.

>#dontjudgeme
[quiet judging intensifies]

Willing to bet it's like 90% women who do this shit. Women cannot actually really enjoy things, they just use things (even movies) as another thing to attention whore around.

I checked the time on my phone.

It's still distracting if people are sitting nearby. That glowing light is pretty easy to pick up in your peripherals if the person is in the same row.

I hide my phone in my jacket when I use it. No one has complained thus far.

Usually I'll only do it if the movie is trash and my friends don't want to leave.

What's the problem?

it's "funny" to them

Lots of places do this.

>Sup Forums - Television & Film

ever notice how it's always the dregs of society who say "don't judge"?

I've never seen a millionaire or an astronaut say "don't judge," it's always people with neck tattoos and crack addicts who say it.

go wait in the lobby if you want to use your phone faggot.

Are you a woman or something? Incapable of thinking of others?

it's true though

>smell something funny
>turn around
>see this
>"sorry mister, am i bothering you?"

wat do

Arizona.

You'd be amazed what kinds of discounts there are, you just have to look for them; they sure as fuck aren't going to advertise them.

Except it's not. You know nothing about women.

Women do genuinely enjoy things. So now talking about enjoying said things is attention whoring? Maybe if you went around people more often you'd see that this is typical of normal social interactions.

Missouri

I spotted the woman

>Women do genuinely enjoy things

Yes, they enjoy attention whoring and things which they can use to get more attention.

this is the reason why you have theater shootings america.

what the fuck is wrong with you people?

I wonder why TV shows are still so popular tho.

missouri bro here! nice.

The irony of posting that on Sup Forums is palpable. Even worse than spending "the last six hours reading kinda-interesting reddit stories" (as far as time is concerned, not content) is spending every waking moment on Sup Forums or, since we're on Sup Forums, watching TV. Chances are your average /r9k/goer is just as "mundane, shallow, and boring" as women allegedly are. How many people here are "truly content to be alive" and have "found purpose"? Can you say you have? Hating women this much reeks of /r9k/ and I bet the answer to both of those questions are no.

I don't think I've ever even looked at my phone in a movie theater, but I'm purposely going to from now on just to piss off you autists.

i understand getting mad at shit like

this, but if you honestly are distracted by someone texting every now and then from their lap, you're just a douche with massive OCD.

kek

the difference is that the people on Sup Forums are self-aware that they are fuck-ups, losers, etc., while there are shit tons of women who think that by just existing they are this gift to society. I work retail and women (fat women especially) are by FAR the rudest customers, so amazingly entitled.

>Turn on big bang theory
>leave it on in the background with tou fuck around on your phone
>look up and laugh when the laugh track comes on
>Pretend you "get" the show and are smart

Women enjoy talking enjoying things more than actually enjoying them

Move, no need for confrontation for something that silly as log as hes not chasing you around doing it on purpose.

Now if he is doing it on purpose.
I'd go full /k/ om him since my small cinema is owned by a profun gun.

>I am willing to spend money to sit somewhere and use my phone whilst sounds play in the background

Just turn your TV on, dumbass.
This way you save yourself money, and you save us the annoyance of having to endure you and your phone.

>but if you honestly are distracted by a bright white screen in the corner of your eye, the tapping of a keypad, or some ADD riddled retard giggling to themselves over their texts you are a massive douche

Neck yoursen

>How many people here are "truly content to be alive" and have "found purpose"?

That wasn't meant to be taken literally you fucking sperg. I have and do enjoy hobbies which I truly am glad to be alive while I'm completely engaged in them.

The fact is that women ruin everything they get involved with.

>A staff member asked a couple to turn their phones off after a complaint.
>Boyfriend/husband of young lady replies: "the customer is always right"

TV shows are still popular because most of them are all formulaic garbage that you don't have to pay attention to

>staff member replies: "I'm sorry, sir. It's cinema policy".
>staff member then ejects the couple if the continue to refuse

What if another customer tells them to turn their phone off?

>The fact is that women ruin everything they get involved with.
Would you say this applies to film, as well?

Can you say, without memeing, that films would be better if they were like old plays in which every actor was male? There are some pretty terrible female actors out there, but there are also terrible male ones. Having women portray women in film will always be better than men doing it inb4 trap joke

ONE OF US

Old men are worse. Work with food or at a gas station.

I don't think I'll ever understand social media. Why is this a pressing thing to send out to your friends or acquaintances?

>Your theater will never have ejector seats for faggots who text during the movie

damn you guys really don't like women. i mean i get generalizing based on experiences, but to say every single woman only wants attention and can't enjoy things? thats a bit ridiculous

also designed around commercial breaks, so you never need to go more than seven minutes.

Films were never all male first off, women were involved from the start as actresses. However, films DID become objectively worse when women began directing/producing/writing.

>Films were never all male first off,
I know that?

>However, films DID become objectively worse when women began directing/producing/writing.
What year was that?

Do you mean to tell me after that year, all films released were worse than those preceding?

Can confirm.
Very fucking few women have legitimate hobbies.
Most are just there chasing their boyfriend around.
And most are there for the human interaction rather than the fun of the hobby on itself.

Can also confirm, most people will miss the most obvious shit in TV shows.

A friend coudl't believe and still won't when I told him the little girl in FargoS2 was the police woman from S1, same with his dad.

Or when I recommended Band of Brothers the guy could not even remember a single name.

Another friend had no fucking clue about anything in True Detective, she never even realied there were different timelines involved throughout the show.

user most of these guys haven't had a woman in years, their palms are too hairy to hide

I don't know but it's fascinating to glimpse into people's disgusting lives

Some dad told the assholes to please turn it off and they just blew him off. Then he went up and got the staff member.

I hate the 'customer is always right' line, because, it obviously isn't true all the time.

that's not what I said, I said someone holding a phone in their lap, out of your line of sight, which is what 99% of people do I'm pretty sure, because I have literally never experienced what you just described. obviously egregious phone use shouldn't be allowed, but that's the same as two people talking to each other or someone kicking your seat, which is just being a dick in general and has nothing to do with phones.

>\Do you mean to tell me after that year, all films released were worse than those preceding?

Not all obviously idiot, but a gradual decline. Here's another example of something women ruined - Sup Forums and the internet in general. As evidenced by this thread.

I'm not a woman.

How is that disgusting?

Let the Muslims come. I'm sure they've got something in Sharia law that mandates that a person's hand be cut off for texting during a movie.

>capeshit viewed on a 3 inch screen
I don't see a problem here.

>not bringing your own portable cellphone jammer

Its like you're asking to be bothered by faggots at the cinema

>tfw I always reenacted the plane scene from tdkr during the opening trailers
>tfw my friends stopped going to the movies with me because they think its embarrassing
>tfw still go to the movies and reenact the scene anyway

gonna tweet/text up a storm next time i go to the movies

u mad?

At least the shooters will know where to aim now.

Pro-tip: your lap isn't out of my line of sight

idgaf
the cinema (besides being a dying business) is a communal place & people have never put that much emphasis on the film itself. p sure back in the day people would just walk in in the middle of a film. checking yr phone is better than 'shh'ing

It's never true. Customers don't know what they want. Even when they think they do, that decision is subject to change. They need to be coddled, reassured that their impulse buy was the correct one, and encouraged to buy more. I sound like a jew, but that's pretty much what working in service is like. And your responsibility to tend to these people. I would say they're like children, but that's not the case-- kids know what they want (everything!) and won't change their minds half as much as an adult.

I despise these creatures.

No, just everyone around you who actually payed money to enjoy a film.

Faggot.

Nobody complains because people don't like confrontation and are also too polite but we see the light from your jacket trick and we still hate you faggot

going to the cinema is a gamble. just buy the movie/torrrent if

Why not have a teen theater and a 18+ theater?
This seriously isnt making me want to go anywhere near theaters.

I ignore pretty much all social media stuff and I feel like I'm fucking 90 years old when I see things like this

Twitter needs to be shut down

>mfw staff at my cinema know me and always let me get my jammer without problems
What model do you have?

so dont go. no big deal right?

Used to work right near that Harkins norterra. Nice theater

u need to be shut down

Because I just want to go and enjoy the movie without teen distractions.

well then why would u go to a room filled with people instead of watching it at home you palooka

cellphone-jammers.com/caiman-powerful-jammer.html

It can't cover the far edges of the bigger theaters 100% but people very rarely sit there.

>mfw some faggots will actually go call the staff and complain their phone isn't working in the middle of the movie
Thankfully most give up or leave before the movie starts.

dude isn't that a felony lol

Texting at the movies should be a felony

dont be a gayboy

This. I bet if this got brought to court, the judge would applaud you.

Depends on country and state.
Legal for me, illegal for the theater. If I recall correctly.
I don't use the radio jammer which is the most sensitive one law wise.
Nobody at my theater cares and its hard to spot it anyways because I live in a very cold area and always carry full jackets around.

Plus I got it for my job so I always have that alibi, and proving I turned it on with that intent sounds hard to prove.
And I can ways immediatley turn it off and discard it if I see someone going full dark knight on the theater.