Will the Avatar sequels destroy box office records?

Will the Avatar sequels destroy box office records?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cGOi03jD7TY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>James Cameron

Yes

No, they should've been quicker on the ball. 2009 was a long time ago.

Avawhat?

I want more machinery and less hair/spinal-cord/brain tentacle fucking

for money lost? probably.

>tfw 2009 was 16 years ago

Everyone says that Avatar 2 won't do good business because everyone's forgotten about the first one, but the way I see it people don't need to have been super into it to go to this one. They'll remember that it had cool visuals and that everyone agreed it was fun, so they'll want to watch the new one, and that's even before the hype machine revs up.

the only thing everybody agreed on with Avatar was that it existed.

Yeah, but it doesn't mean M Night Shamylan did a good job

It will be competing against star wars

Having uncontested months was a key to its record.

Having another super release in the same window will cost it.

Plausibly it'll do 1-1.7b tho

He hasn't made a good movie since Terminator 2 and even that was kinda overrated and not as good as the first

there you go

I hope not.

I want blueshit to die

Are you from the future?

Just because Terminator 2 was a kids movie (yes it was) it was still full on badass as ever with all the action.

I wished Genysis had action like that with all those stunt car chases.

>fan-fiction

come back to me when he can actually make a successful franchise.

Avatar was an attraction for it's effects, the sequels will need a new gimmick to be successful,

this, and any new gimmicks will come off as contrived and forced.

>Cameron waiting almost 10 years for a sequel
>Implying he isn't working on some crazy shit no one has ever seen before

wew lad. Id have thought people by now knew not to second guess Cameron

>tfw people who grew up with the original gameboy are now almost middle aged

But people won't buy into it.

>Just because Terminator 2 was a kids movie (yes it was)

Rated R

We already know what will be in Avatar 2. An underwater palace.

He stated it will mostly take underwater.

Welcome to Jar Jar's underwater forbiddon city: Cameron style

This is what people said before Titanic and Avatar 1

Just sayin at this point people should know better than to doubt the man

Its too long of a wait. 8 years for 1 movie and no trailers or previews...

Nope. He's created huge box office draws many times now. He can do it again without a "gimmick."

I don't see it being an issue.

It will be a change of pace from capeshit and starshit, and knowing Cameron he will have something never seen before cooked up.

I literally see no scenario where these movies bomb. They will make billions in china alone.

I doubt he'll make a good movie because Avatar was 2-hours of mediocrity and lazy script-writing.

>Unobtanium

It's been more than half a decade.

>Muh china
Why does everyone think china will save every movie? Force Awakens didnt even do well there

the avatar sequels will be even more sterile, lifeless, inhuman and awful than the star wars prequels

youtube.com/watch?v=cGOi03jD7TY

Honestly I enjoyed the human scenes more in Avatar

Why are they using 2006 cgi graphics?

Avatar was the first movie to really show hoe big of a market China had become. It became the largest grossing film of all time when it was released.

No because Avatar broke records because of the 3D gimmick

i think that's just what they can render on the fly

>tfw Sam won't make an appearance as we will only hear his voice due to dying at end of Avatar 1 and being permanently reborn into an Avatar body.

The other guy is being silly but China was the third biggest market for Force Awakens.

Is being bad at math considered bait to you kiddies? God damn user, that's just sad.

Yes.

as much as Avatar pissed me off with its recycled story and fairy-tale - mother nature comes to the rescue - mickey mouse bullshit ending, James Cameron is going to draw huge numbers.

The guy's a massive prick, but he knows how to do what he does.

>inb4 an animated Avatar cartoon series is made

Did he actually say this? Because that shit was a sophisticated 10/10 btfo.

>implying Avatar is better than Cap Civil War or BvS
No it is not

Fuck you, you strung us along too.

You glorious faggot.

>Implying the fourth sequel will beat the first.

Do you know how movies work user?

tell me again Sup Forums how this man will not deliver.

I'm waiting.

hello?

No way is Avatar 3, 4 and 5 gonna succeed over 2 billion.

You know what, you're right. What has based Cameron done to deserve our cynicism when we happily eat whatever Lucas/Disney deficates into our mouths?

That said,

>Cameron
>Cam er on
>Camera On

Pottery

I like how impatient and antagonistic you ramp up into in a single post, as if someone could interject before you've posted.

He's going to blow up the box office. He's got a long history of doing so and with the hype the studio will build from the last one - it's basic common sense that a sequel is going to set records.

>2-hours
You didn't even watch the movie.

>this movie was my first date

we held hands for the entire thing and my hand was so sweaty from nervousness it made hers wet

Hello newfag

I can't recall if I did or not, which says a lot about that movie.

No way in hell Avatar 2 gets more than 550m domestic and with today's exhange rate. It will be tough to get 2 billion worldwide.

quick, name 3 characters.

Jake, Neytiri, Quaritch

uh, the avatar man himself, his love interest, and the duke nukem looking general. this was 7 years ago and I was wasn't really paying that much attention to the movie itself

It says a lot about you being dishonest.

The only reason Avatar was so succesfull is because it deluded some people into thinking that 3D was more than a gimmick. Guess what? seven years after that and it is still a gimmick.
Nobody is an "Avatar" fan. Nobody wants or needs a sequel.

epic wikipedia game bro

Truly unique characters huh? That could also describe The Incredible Hulk.

A film can't become the highest grossing film of all time just because of that.
Beides, remember that movies with sound and with colour were once also considered a gimmick

>A film can't become the highest grossing film of all time just because of that.

It is.

People in South America and China literally came out of the movie in tears because their own homes were being bulldozed away by the government.

To say the movie only succeeded becuz 3DEEZ, is pretty dumb. Shit made 3 Billion fucking dollars.

So Cameron was emotionally pandering to make a quick buck? That explains a great deal.

South American here. Stop spreading your lies you stupid Yankee

Why does every Avatar thread die?

This is proof that no one gives a shit about the sequels

They will flop hard.
In fact the sequel will flow so hard they wont make a third one. Just because of how expensive they are