Anyone go from being to shy/nervous for interviews or dates to get a job or gf/laid?

Anyone go from being to shy/nervous for interviews or dates to get a job or gf/laid?

Tell your story about how you changed that and if it was easier than you thought it would be or if you're still a nervous wreck about it.

if you give sauce on the pic i will tell you

drugs are the way

>not op
audrey rose from daredorm

I read half of the shit people post on here and knew I didn't want to end up sounding like or be anything like them. End of story.

get off this website for starters

for real though, in no particular order
>go to college for something - if you dont have time to do it full time, go part time. If you cant afford it, apply for student aid
>get a shitty job ASAP. Anything goes
>DO NOT RACK UP DEBT for assets that depreciate (i.e. cars, credit cards, stupid shit that you "want"). Some debt for assets that appreciate (i.e. a house, things you use to make money) may be acceptable in some limited situations
>never quit, no matter how shitty the job, unless you find a better job
>think about everything you do at that job and how to make it quicker, easier, and better
>remember the most important person is the person you directly work for and them getting promoted or credit for shit should be your number one priority at all times. If they love you, you'll do great.
>find cheap hobbies like video games
>dont spend money on women unless they are hookers, it's never worth it
If you can do those things, you'll do great.

Yep, me.

What helped for me was personal reflection and life experience. Read books and articles and also study other people, have a mentor. If you have anxiety issues get it checked out. I'm on meds and it got me stabilized to the point I can really improve myself. I got a job and gf before the meds but I wish I started sooner. I did take benzos for my interviews unprescribed which helped but I had underlying panic disorder.

Nah, nah, nah, wait a minute...

I'm currently in the process

>be me, 19 year old kissless virgin
>don't talk to any girls on a regular basis, no close friends are girls and never have been
>wake up one morning to a text message that is just a picture of a vagina from an unknown number
>tell her she has the wrong number, but decide I'd go for it and try to have a conversation
>end up talking and having a pretty normal conversation
>turns out she goes to the same college as me, mixed up the last two digits of a number and texted me instead
>continue talking for a week and a half
>last night when we're talking she mentions she's horny when I ask her what she's up to
>conversation devolves into exchanging nudes and masturbating to each other
>she says she wants to fuck me
>I say I want to fuck her
>later tell her I'm a virgin, ask how she feels about it
>thinks its cute, wants to fuck me anyways

She's a solid 10/10 too. Just need to wait another month before I'm back in town and we can meet in person. Scared as fuck but super excited. I'm tired of being a lonely faggot. Just need to make decisions on the spot and be bold.

pic related

The best thing to realise for me is when you stopped caring. I was an edgy little bastard being all depressed and stuff in 2010 and I had and failed suicide attempt. After than I just seemed to stop caring so much about things. I still do normal people things. Im in a good uni but I didnt try hard to get there. I have slept with attractive girls but I have tried to. Just stop caring so much and stop trying. If you can get by just coasting then go for it. Once you stop caring you arent shy anymore because you realise nothing really matters. If someone doesn't like you. Leave. If they do stay. If something is too hard. Give up. If something is easy. Do it more.

Don't censor the pics you dweeb also post

told this story on /adv/ last week and needed to sensor it cause sfw board

You have no idea how true this is

Well just screenshot it and post it here pls also post moar

Aye to this.

What's awesome is that it's a tribute to this photo of Chloe Des Lysses

pussy

Moar! tits? any selfies?

body

Only pics I have

You just need exposure. If you get turned down a few times it doesn't bother you any more. If you've done a few job interviews they won't make you nervous any more. If you do enough really intense stuff at work you get more confident about things in general.

Video games shouldn't be considered hobbies! Its just a waste of time AND life!

Damn man you got quite lucky dont screw it up

I started by talking to online women, because it's easier

Then after health issues I realized nothing anyone thinks or what they do matters, so I didn't give a shit what anyone thought, and just started doing

it doesn't seem real

Almost dosen't...did you call her up?

only talked through texting

no telling how communications might expand in the next few weeks though

next time you dirty talk ask her to send you a pic of her doing the peace sign or have something written or whatever

I have a career level job, been laid, and got fit.

But nothing ever changed about me because I have autism.

I've been laid but didn't even enjoy it and I've never had a girlfriend.

I have a good job but I have no friends.

Cocaine is your best friend.

At least you will always have trains and dinosaurs.

>stopped caring

This is really it. You'll eventually hit a point where you don't give a shit and you just do whatever. Also get better at bullshit small talk that people like to do to fake being normal.

Gratz user, I'm happy for you. Hopefully things work out.

More of that plz?

Lmfao

Legit answers on Sup Forums preposterous

what if we put women in suits and have them pose in dignified manors yet all the while there is a visible dick in their asses?

seriously.

Which drugs?

Godspeed, user, godspeed

respond
>We're both coming after class

I need some help my friend has been talking me up to some chick and said if im worth it she'll break up with her bf.
>be 18
>6/10
>kissless virgin
>some what good talking to people but girls i just fuck up every time

Went from chickenshit nobody to a genuine ladies' man
Most important part was that I lucked into the pants of a girl I felt was worlds out of my league and we had explosive sex. Gave me something to ground my confidence in. But you don't need that really.

Speak clearly and passionately. Have something your care about. Dress in a way that shows you chose to look the way you do. Armani suits not necessary, just don't look like you chose some random black T-shirt out of a pile.
Interested is interesting. For the most part, if you talk enough and sound interesting, a girl won't care that she isn't getting much of a word in edgewise. Be considerate.
Be understanding. If you're looking for something on tinder, make it known. Not every girl just wants to fuck, but women are sexual beings too, and they respond to honesty and integrity. Make them feel safe. Make them feel respected. Make them think "no" is always an option, and that if they say no, you'll be understanding and not angry with them. Many will say no, to further conversation, to a date, to sex. Be okay with that. It's never been easier to meet people. If a girl doesn't want to play your game, move on, don't try to convince her. Someone else came to play, don't waste your time trying to convince someone to give you a shot, you'll be fighting uphill from the start. Find a willing participant. Fucking is something that people do to each other, it's not something you do to a girl, common misconception.

its pretty easy, you just imagine someone cool and pretend to be them

>Be me
>See neckbeard with qt 3.14 one day
>Decide "Today is the day. If he can do it, I can do it."
>Stopped caring about my self conscious tendencies
>Got a haircut
>Did MMA
>Learned confidence through getting my face beaten in
>Now employed full time with gf

Anyone with balls enough to stop being a pussy can do it.

Fucking just practice. You don't learn how to ride a bike without falling off dozens of times first. Just talk to any girls you find hot, see what does work and what doesn't. If you're willing to go all out, read "The Game" and "The Mystery Method" in that order. Don't think that reading them will turn you into a pussy magnet, though, watching someone else ride a bike doesn't teach you how to immediately. Also, don't try too hard or beat yourself up about it. After a long days work failing at riding a bike, the best thing you can do is sleep, take a day off, and then when you get back to it you'll find it easier than you remembered. Anyway I've had enough of these shitty bike analogies, night user.

ALSO LIFT YOU FUCKING SKELETOR

How old were you when you started MMA, and how long was it until they had you in the ring getting the shit beaten out of you?

I just stopped caring about failing because I was tired of being alone. I fucked up like a dozen times before I managed to relax around women. Now I'm hitting my one year with a thin dominican who likes to fuck every morning.

Don't lead people on. Don't sell them a dream. Be clear and respectful about what you want. If they offer something else, politely decline.
Temper your expectations. Not all conversations lead to dates, not all dates go well. Go on a few bad dates. Get experience. Learn what a bad date feels like, don't lose your shit when one goes poorly, try to learn as much as you can. A failed experiment is a learning experience.
Try to learn about them as people. I said to talk a lot, talk about yourself if conversation is lulling, but regardless of sex or not, learning about a person, getting to know them, is the fun part, it's what I loved most. Your goal on a date is to make a connection, you should be excited to see what a new person is like. You shouldn't be an intimidating presence, you should be human and empathetic and understanding. Stupid pickup artist shit is for loud clubs where you can't connect as a human being. You don't need a meal, either, meet at a Starbucks and ask for a water. It's free. Ice cream is also nice.

Is any of this sticking? I'm just throwing all the things I learned at a wall.

Also don't be picky. Even if a girl isn't all that great looking, go through the motions. I love women, I love sex, I'm not so picky, but even if they aren't up to snuff, go on a date. Interact with someone with no stakes on the table. Take opportunity where it comes, even just to learn. Work your way up. Confidence is key. When you're better at connecting, with a better track record, you can lean on that. Confidence doesn't need to be based in anything, by the way. Placebo effect goes far, fake it til you make it. Overconfidence that only exists to compensate for insecurity is almost indistinguishable from genuine security. Try not to be arrogant, but honestly, if you talk a big enough game, it might not even matter. Girls respond to confidence and decisiveness, some might get put off by arrogance but once they're into you, they won't even care.

Talk to girls on the internet and Jack off while you tall to them. Never send a dick pic without asking if they want one, that's important, don't get wild and insulting, but taking things into a sexual area of conversation requires a little leap of faith when the time is right. Playing it safe wins nothing for nobody, and jacking off talking to them will help push you to make that one little stupid mistake. It won't always work, sometimes the timing will be off, sometimes she's just not that type of girl. But it'll work more often than you'd imagine, if the timing is right. Once a girl likes you she'll put up with a hell of a lot. Once you're in, it's hard to get out. Don't abuse that, but definitely use it. They're sexual beings too.

what the fuck

A bad experiment is a learning experience. Love it.

Keep going I like these

I was lying

name?

southern charms girl

Improve yourself, make yourself confident for example work out and dress well. 2)Expose yourself and do the things the make you nervous or give you anxiety. Care less because nothing really matters. Women love a confident well kept dude who doesn't give a shit if they a breathing or not.

thanks

Because it's not

I think I got most of my good advice out. I hope some of it works, But maybe some of it only works for me.

Oh also, actually, at some point while things are still purely friendly and not at all sexual, make very passing mentions of sexuality. Casually mentioning sex or other women or even just a stupid joke that somehow mentions the word "blowjob". You're priming her to see you as a sexual being. Somewhere in the back of her mind she'll know "this is a person who has had sex before", even if the only priming is you knowing the vocabulary word "blowjob". Don't use it as a segue into the sex-talk (unless she does, then just run with it) but it's just subtle psychology shit to make her think you're a human who has sex, even if, by all rights, she could assume it.

BE SEX-POSITIVE IF YOU WANT SEX. Being a feminist helps too. Know the lingo. Be supportive, be casual, be respectful, be non-judgemental. If she says no, cool, thank her for her time and walk away. If she says yes, all the better.

Listen to Patrice O'Neal. He was a genius. Look up Sexual Harassment Day, his bit. It's the day for a free pass on making a casual, RESPECTFUL pass at a woman. Subtly, he has great knowledge. Bring her flowers, ask if she wants to suck your dick, she says no, apologize for the inconvenience, she keeps the flowers, you walk away not having to wonder anymore. Motherfucker knew game.

Stop caring. When you put pressure on yourself you will worry and then be boring. Just be indifferent. Use every interview as a bit of a laugh.

XTC is amazing, but go easy, start with a quarter pill, you can always take more, but once you're too far, you can't turn it back, and it could well ruin XTC for you for life

>being a feminist helps too

No. It absolutely does not.

Basically seeing all of the lame neckbeards or people who live life without the energy to try and achieve their goals, and decided that I would do what it took to not be like that. As it turns out, all that took for me was being more assertive. It was then that I found out that a lot of girls find me attractive and I'm able to sleep around if I play my cards right. I try to aim for relationships, and I've had a few now, but that's just how I am, I enjoy the more regular companionship/sweetness.

Used to be fat loser in Highschool very shy and awkward.

Got out, worked a retail job with anally highly customer service based motto so i learned how to be outspoken.

Started working out a bit, and kinda just did my own thing. I never went out of my way they just came to me. Go on dates regularly often with chicks i thought way out of my league.

Maybe i just got lucky though.

Good shit user!
Especially the bit about casually mentioning sex, SO IMPORTANT.

The main reason why guys get friendzoned, BESIDES the girl simply not being into them, is failing to show them that you are actually sexually attracted/interested to/in them.

When you never talk about sex or sexual subjects, she won't associate it with you either.

Think of it like her having a mental list of things she associates with you, derived from every encounter you've ever had with her. If there's nothing sexual on that list, simply because it never came up, then that's not how she'll see you either.

Another thing that I've noticed is that girls who are attracted to you, will make it more noticeable when they see you with OTHER girls. Women want what other women want, and that really is a fact (think shoes, bags, jewelry,...)

Learned this from experience too. I took a girl to my usual weekend party spot, we kissed, next weekend, when I was there alone again, a girl I already knew came up to me and started questioning me, if the girl I kissed was my gf, blablabla. It's actually extra motivating, and something I see happen all the time when I go out

Yes, it does, but since you most likely spend the entire weekend playing games in some musky basement, how the fuck would you know

You seriously believe that, to a woman, a man who believes basic feminist ideas, is not at least as, or likely MORE attractive, than those who don't, or have no idea what it is?

Retard.

Yes, it absolutely does. Sex-positivity is FEMINISM, and honestly? Girls would be having 80 times more sex if they weren't afraid of what society, what their friends, what YOU would think of them if they were having sex. Girls want to have sex, but they also want to feel safe, they want to feel respected, and they want to feel like you aren't thinking less of them for fucking you. Feminism is a shortcut to that, if you're a feminist, they have an assumption you respect them you understand them and you're not an asshole.
If you think feminist guys aren't out there fucking DROWNING in it, you're out of touch. Girls are on watch for guys pretending to be feminists to get in their pants. I happen to believe in it, but it never held me back one bit. What, you wouldn't want to fuck a feminist?

You're obsolete, dude. Get with the times. You catch more flies with honey, etc. I don't even know if that's true of flies. But it's true of women. Keep the negging and the peacocking and the other bullshit out of here. Make her believe you respect her, fuck her like a dog. They like it better that way.

Being a male feminist is a mating strategy reserved for the most unattractive people. It's a last resort.

>be me
>be afraid of girls
>only talk to them when I am at the store getting stuff to eat or drink
> have resigned to being this way forever
> dont feel bad because the world is ogre populated anyway

Yes.
After failed relationship/ job interview after failed relationship/job interview I basically got over all that shy or nervousness. Now I have more confidence than ever. I am engaged and have held multiple jobs lasting over a year. I usually leave a job if i find another paying more. If i get the interview, i generally get the job. If I talk to a grill, i usually end up with her.

Girls are already having this much sex. Are you a vergen?

d8 rape drug tbh

Good question great pic.

>ogre

So basically you guys are advocating for acting like a massive cuck? Women should not be promiscuous.

You're out of touch. You're thinking of white knights and neck beards trying to fuck a girl over solidarity for the movement. Girls fuck a lot, but they as a species aren't having as much sex as they could be, because everyone's afraid that even the dude who's fucking them thinks they're a whore, as if he's better. You can't squeeze blood from a stone, if she's not into you feminism won't make her into you. But the less obstacles in the way between her and sex, the better, and "is he gonna think I'm a slut for this?" is a MASSIVE one.

If you think feminism is all I got going for me, you're just being petty. But if you think it doesn't instantly wipe clean a huge amount of tension from the situation on their end, you're an idiot.

Why not? Jeez, the less promiscuous women there are, the less people are having sex! You're too old-fashioned.

Is that you, 1921?

>Women should not be promiscuous.

Fuck that shit, if there wernt any sluts I wouldn't have gotten nearly as much strange in high school. Sluts make the world go round. Could you imagine if every time you wanted to get laid, you had to get into a serious committed relationship, only to find out shes a dead fish in bed?

SLUTS 2016

yeah work for myself and married you just have put yourself out there everybody not going to like you but you have to be ok with that

A massive dose of caffeine (3 Monster energy drinks in quick succession) on the morning of the interview. Was like I was a different person, sociable, answering questions with the right words, pleasant social banter with both interviewers, etc.

Normally, I'm an antisocial prick who can barely function until 12pm. But that too got resolved after working for 3 years in a social setting.

Took a class in stand-up comedy. I thought I'd just write and get to hang out with my crush. Turns out there was a final exam requiring we perform at a comedy club. The place was packed and I was so sick with shyness I threw up multiple times. By the time I got on stage, I was so sick I didn't care.

Not caring made me seem less nervous to the audience. I actually did fairly well.

I lost 90% of my shyness that night. It was painful but it was worth it.

Man, all these guys so angry about this.
I agree though. And I don't mean some kind of double standard, either.
Men shouldn't be promiscuous and neither should women.
Seriously, how the hell do these guys think the AIDS epidemic spread so quickly? And that's just the "promiscuity can literally kill you" argument. It doesn't touch on the baggage people carry around after a few one night stands.

Cheers mate

Joined the army and grew up. Gained confidence and skills, applied it to the real world.

Had a solid 4 years of going out and getting girls while I was still on active duty, got out and found my girlfriend of now 3 years.

About to finish up my degree in Occupational Therapy all paid for with no debt about to make 80k a year. In short, don't be a pussy and join the fucking army. The wars are about to end anyway, get in while it's starting to be a peacetime military.

Baggage?

Went from being a full-blown NEET to student body president at my university within two years.

College is great, go to one. A lot of the people on here like to justify not going to college by saying shit like 'enjoy your college debt, wage slave'. The reality however is that even if a college degree was worthless and I wouldn't make up the cost due to an increased income, I would still go to college.

The way I see it, I'm going to be working for 40-50 years, perhaps longer. These 4-6 years of college are the last stretch of truly fun years I'll have for a very long time, if ever again. Completely worth the price.

Basically, I suggest you go to college. Beyond that, I suggest you actually try to enjoy college. If you stay shut in your dorm or, god forbid, live with your parents or by yourself, you're not going to meet anyone. You won't simply stumble into new friends at college, you have to put in the effort to finding like minded people. Go to school events, join student organizations, socialize with your dorm mates.

The only way to cure any shyness or social anxiety you have is to directly confront it. Drugs are only crutches. I firmly believe college or military service are the two best ways of doing it.

College was not happy fun-times for me, I'd disagree. I worked hard for my degree.

Please anons just put your ego aside and setup your master plan like this wise wizard implies

We're all gonna make it

If you think college was only about class, you're a god damn fool

Godspeed young anons, I'm rooting for you