Is King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard a better psych band than Tame Impala?

Is King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard a better psych band than Tame Impala?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PUZn1I6llJs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

DUDE MOTORIK LMAO

the little king gizzard i've heard hasn't stuck out as much as the little tame impala i've heard but i've got nothing against either desu senpai

tame impala is tryna write pop songs king gizz wants to make you lose it

Tame Impala is middle school core
Gizzard is high school core

Both are cringe but one is slightly less. Honestly if you listen to any burger records band or tame impala you should just hang up the towel now

Agree they're both for children. Though I do hear good things about King Gizzards live act

Easily
youtu.be/PUZn1I6llJs

recommend music not for children then o great patricians lmao

I don't think they aim for the same kind of impact. I don't think King Gizzard play at their full potential. I wish they'd stop jerking around for a bit and make a really deep prog/psych rock album.

what do you mean by deep?

I don't know really. I guess a bit darker and more serious. Their albums always have a slight humorous tone to them. I mean, look at their music videos. And it's not like they're extremely funny either, it's kinda gimmicky at this point.

Actually scratch the ''darker and more serious''. I just wish they did something that hit me in the feels as much as Tame Impala does.

I feel like its early days for them. Give them a few years and they're hopefully progress into a cool prog/psych rock band. As long as they avoid going pop'y. That'd be disappointing.

Tonetta
Renaldo and the Loaf

>pretends to be patrician
>posts literally memecore

that song is god-like

>this entire post

I wish the frontmen would switch places

Tame Impala has better feels
King Gizzard is kind of better overall

both incredible bands imo

lonerism is stronger than anything gizzard has ever put out, but i sort of agree

Tame Impala is one person though.

I wish Stu Mackenzie would die

does the horrible production on this album really not bother anyone?

delet this

Nonagon Infinity? I haven't listened to it yet so idk. What didn't you like about it?

Lame Impala and your burger kid bands like FIDLAR have never produced something on the level of Tonetta

The fact that you labelled him a meme is an indicator of your reddit preteen brain

>Lame Impala
they are the best band on earth right now next to death grips or animal collective, get rucked

I honestly find their songs boring as hell. They never go anywhere. Good musicians, good ideas, just jammed out way too long to be interesting anymore.

on the real though youth culture is extremely important to popular music, disregarding one basically implies disregarding the other

Faust
TVU

It kinda works with it. I was put off by it at first but the fuzziness grew on me

you can still make out everything clearly, it's not that the production is bad, they just added some filters or whatever

NONAGON INFINITY OPENS THE DOOR
NONAGON INFINITY OPENS THE DOOR

I feel like a deep prog/psych rock album like you are looking for is never gonna come from King Gizzard. King Gizzard seem more like a group who just wants to have fun and experiment. Everything they do is ridiculous and taken to the absolute extremes, and it works decently well for them. They put on some of the most fun live shows I have ever been to.

shit opinion

Right and the current fake """psych""" pop teens are utter trash

yes

This.

Flaming Lips is literally this and they're fantastic.

Actually, Flaming Lips is an example that demonstrates that you can have both at the same time.