Now this guy's on national television. the meme went too far

now this guy's on national television. the meme went too far.

Literally who

Teens of Denial kinda blows, but he deserves it all just for being the creator of Twin Fantasy

Maybe I should listen to this again because all I remember was it being pretty run of the mill indie rock

>carseat headrest gets popular
>moves far beyond the bounds of Sup Forums
>gets a large fanbase that doesn't know about Sup Forums, will never care about Sup Forums, and will never give two fucks about Sup Forums
>Sup Forums can't stand it

Yeah, it sucks when your qt3.14 high school gf realizes that you're not moody and artsy but that you're just a prick, so she breaks up with you and starts dating one of the regular cool guys and is having the time of her life.

This is honestly how I feel.

I bet it hurts to peak musically before actually making it big, hopefully his best stuff isn't behind him, but we'll see I guess

>implying he wasn't a meme before his popularity

who the fuck

Boom! He's legitimately not a self indulgent piece of shit. We should be happy for him.

Sup Forums can't be happy.

That's what the public is interested in.

have you seen his interviews?
he's just like any other hipster faggot on this board
literally picked David lynch worst film as his fav

finally heard some of ToD, its all fine on the picture, dude is opening doors, i don't like his voice so much, but hes not bad, in the end Car Seat is better than alot of a bunch of these bands outhere like The Killers. Like they're doing well on the indie formula.

blue velvet?

Name a dumber band name than Car Seat Headrest

*verb* the *noun* bands

fuck you idiot, don't tell me what to do

Tickle the Ivories

neutral milk the hotel

I very much doubt he pick Dune as his favorite movie

kys

Radio the Heads

go to bed will

*adjective* *noun* the *noun*?

see

>It’s like come on, why can’t it be about the music. If it’s good music you shouldn’t throw it away just for the sake of your own reputation. Growing up I saw the romantic figure of the maverick musician who isn’t down to play industry games and will get successful by accident, then spend their careers messing with the heads of the industry and the audience. There was certainly an appeal to that, and then I grew up and started personally encountering artists who had this attitude. And they’re shitty people.

Sounds a lot more self aware and level headed then most of the hipster faggots here.

>I saw the romantic figure of the maverick musician who isn’t down to play industry games and get successful by accident, then spend their careers messing with the heads of the industry and the audience.
Literally no one ever.

Swa the ns

>Kurt krobain
>the sonic jews
>Metallica

Mulholland Drive?

If Will kills himself, will he be this generations Kurt Cobain?

>another talentless hack offs themselves

yes

>Boom!

>Mulholland Drive?

motherfucker

What are you talking about that was his best.

Eraserhead is his best.

I personally have high hopes for his next album, especially since How to Leave Town was written after the bland Teens of Denial. He has also said in interviews that

1.) ToD was written during a "post-graduation funk" where he really wasn't interested in writing music but was forcing himself to do it (as opposed to How To Leave Town which was done very spontaneously)

and

2.) He has also hinted that the next album will be more of a mix between lo-fi and hi-fi, that it will be less teen angsty, and that it will stray away from the genre of indie rock

He'll never top Twin Fantasy though. Here's hoping otherwise

It's true. I don't know why Will has such a bad reputation. He comes across as very thoughtful in most of his interviews, and my personal experience with meeting him at P4K was that of a down-to-earth but shy young man

It's actually true.

mu needs to be nice to will

Who's more of a dickhead, Will or Sam Ray?

Notice how every time one of us gets reasonably successful, the board rejects them...

Fuck Sup Forums, I'm happy for him.

check em'

Never thought I would get to see a gay furry become mainstream and appear on national television

What's the deal with this guy? Did he use to post here or wtf?

/thread

are you retarded son?

Death Grips is still big here as well as the mainstream.

Will just peaked before he got big, but all the media outlets are eating it up now that he's got the spotlight. We've been there, done that.

Is he in a furry costume?

M E M E S
E
M
E
S

>furry
What?

Listen to Twin Fantasy again and pay attention to the lyrics

ToD is too long and Will needs to refine his songwriting or else it will get bland and bad.

can anyone legitimately argue that furries are a step away from beastiality, i'm all for free will but objective truths are a thing

Just watched it.

The furry did alright desu

>will get

thats fairly obvious, they're sexually attracted to animals

sam ray

>i'm all for free will

Twin Fantasy is a weird record because I feel like the individual songs aren't necessarily that incredibly strong (there are cut on Nervous Young Man that either top or easily stack up to any given TF track), but the level of craft and thought put into it is just insane

I deffo think he can still top it though so long as he keeps living his life. ToD has some wonderful songs

>furry

You mean Anthropomorphized expectations and Pets

>You can say what you want about Will but Twin Fantasy is genius. It's extraordinarily ambitious and creative.

when will this meme die? where the fuck are all of these posts coming from?

i'm not aware of anyone credible in the music world who thinks that will toledo is doing amazing things. i only see it spammed here

You made it a meme by calling it a meme, dumbass.

it's because anyone credible in the music world is well-adjusted
twin fantasy is one for the misfits as cringy as that is

>Boom!
stopped there

>it's because anyone credible in the music world is well-adjusted

hahahahahahahahahaha

why do people hate on ToD its really fucking good i mean musically it's just garage rock but the songwriting is some of his best

I like it a lot. Fuck the haters

>twin fantasy is one for the misfits as cringy as that is

this cannot be real

this is not fucking happening

What is Will's favorite animal?

So if he actually got on live tv
What was the show?
Can anyone share a link?

He picked Inland Empire, which is his best

dogs

He wants to fuck that bunny

>He picked Inland Empire, which is his best

There is no way you have seen every Lynch film and came to that conclusion. There is no fucking way you little contrarian freak.

Would stomp your guts out if you stated that as fact in front of me. Would be over.

he fucks a gorilla in the ass so hard that it needs Tar Seat Bedrest

I mean I don't agree that it's his best but it isn't terrible either

Not the user you replied to btw

Does not being terrible put a film in the running for the best David Lynch film? "Oops!".

Never reply to me again.

It's the ultimate Lynch film. Like how Mirror is almost too overly Tarkovsky, IE works the same way

lmao the fucking normie is getting mad.

T-tama is that you?

As much as I really love the lofi aspect of his earlier albums i doubt he's gonna go back to lofi recording, he has said he only did so because he wasn't able to record in the quality he wanted, and he has also basically said that people who liked his albums for being lofi liked them for the wrong reasons which makes me think he kind of hates lofi music/recording.

car seat headrest is a thin coat of introspection over a turd.

But what if I like ToD?