WHY ISN'T THIS FUCKING WORKING?? WHYYYYY???

WHY ISN'T THIS FUCKING WORKING?? WHYYYYY???

Who gives a fuck go get someone else to do your homework

You have a range in your equation. It should only be j16.

you have an equal sign in there ifs

maybe it thinks 5.0 is less than 5 without the decimal otherwise idk fam

But I need it to do the entire column of that data. Should it not still work?

yeah its 2 if statements in 1 as the question says.

Could this be? But if so then how do I do it..

Ur doing it wrong

=if(j16>=5, 3500, if(j16>=4.5, 2000))
You don't need that =if, just a comma and an if

To clarify it should be =if(j16>=5....

I will try this but just to confirm, I do not need to include the range to J55 in order to do the entire column?

Mr Fabio Panetta,

Not in an in function. Drag that shit down, brah.

Your if statement is for the current row, yes? Aka j16 for Jones' PAH, j17 for Balfour, etc

Correct. Copy & paste or click & drag that one cell down to J55 and ur solid

Yeah I need it to do it for all of J. I tried this solution that this user putbut it gives me 2000 for the 5 and over when it should be 3500..I don't get it.

use the comma and dont use a range. Just highlight M16 wth the result and drag the column to j55 to apply the equation across each row.

week 8-9 exercise for quiz

i'm proud of you son

Is this correct? But why does it say 2000 for the first 1 when its 5? Should be 3500. Did i screw up again?

Screenshot again.

Thats because it is running the second if statement after the first (j16>=5). So you're result is 2000. Try reversing your if statements.

Okay I will try reversing it. I posted another screenshot..even the ones that are false it should say "0". I can't believe I am this bad with this program. Is it difficult for any others here?

Recalc workbook & / or check M16. The rest of the formulas work fine.

Disregard what fucking here has to say. The calculations are done in sequence and breaks once TRUE

No, you're just in HR

OP just write a case statement. It's much easier since you've got 3 different values to check for here. You're trying to do something an if/then/else doesn't do well.

Okay will do thank you.
Correct! How did you know?

Not in this case. The first part of the excel is the logic check, then the if-true value, then the else value. The way his original statement was written, H
He's got a second if statement in the if-true value. Hence why he's getting 2000 for PAH over 5. This isn't rocket science. Read the entire thread before you jump on your desk and start screaming someone is wrong.