Who here has seen It's Such a Beautiful Day (2012)?

Who here has seen It's Such a Beautiful Day (2012)?
What impact did it have on you?

It's great. It's funny, sad, interesting, broad in scope, original, and well produced. The only part I didn't like that much was the "he didn't die here" part, just because idk, the layering felt contrived or something.

i agree
i honestly think its my favorite movie

Liked it a lot. If you haven't yet, try Baskets, the new Zach Galifianakis show. Has the same dramady mood.

I got mad that this actually passes as deep in anyway to my fellow millennials, but it didnt surprise em

it made me really sad since my dad actually died around the time i watched it

i mean it is deep
it takes on some serious philosophy, even if its just the surface
the concept of forgetting your loved ones scares me more than anything so this movie had more of an impact on me

It is they must surface level existentialism imaginable mixed in with reddit nerd humor. If you honestly havent thought about the basic ideas presented in the flick before having seen it you must be intellectually stunted

watch out folks we have a mastermind over here
and give one example of reddit nerd humor in this movie

You must have seen World of Tomorrow then right? It's also great.

it is yeah

I mean I liked it. It didn't "wreck" me like I hear everyone else saying. It made me feel a little empty I guess, but I didn't really feel sad or anything. Anyone see his newest one? About clones and the future and shit? That one's also pretty good. Made me actually feel something, too

>It is they must surface level existentialism imaginable

First of all, what the fuck? Can you write a full sentence in English. Second, not many movies even attempt existentialism, and this one is totally unique in terms of aesthetics. You're simply jaded if all you can take away from it is that reductive shit. So much of it is ambiguous, you'd have to be shallow to only take away shallow thoughts about it.

watched it alone,drunk, and sleepy. it's one of the worst films to be woken up by

the slippers
were those boys feet

I agree. It created an interesting take on mental illness

I've watched it four times or so. My buddy showed me Rejected when I was in middle school and I've followed Hertzfeldt's work since. I watched it back in what must have been late 2012 with a girl I was seeing at the time. I don't think it effected her much, but she did say she enjoyed it.

It didn't have a super impact on me. I enjoyed it a lot, and thought it was dark and thought provoking. I really like existentialism.

Made me cry and question my existence

Ahh yes, the favorite movie of the "my taste only extends as far as the netflix library my parents pay for" crowd

I'm 19 and depressed-core

Also a I'm 28 years old and still post on Sup Forums - core.

Great film

world of tomorrow is better