Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Xy8yAPEyv-4
youtube.com/watch?v=DFe0OR-Vaww
youtube.com/watch?v=pGH9OlTVoQA
youtube.com/watch?v=nfuArv7A8Dc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

all shit

agreed

3>6>8>2=1>4=5>>>>>>>>>>>>>7 is the only one I'd call a bad movie, and I think 3 and 6 are the only ones good enough to reccomend to people who aren't already fans of the source material.

You guys don't need to be here. On that note...

3, 1, 6, 2, 5, 7.1, 7.2, 4.

really really shit taste

7 is underrated you didnt get the tone or something its the perfect penultimate entry.

no way is 1 better as a film than most of those you have behind it

I'd never thought about it until now, despite seeing the movies 100 times, that the third one is amazing. I still prefer 7/8 tho. I just love the conclusion and I think they could've been worse and still my favourites.

Ya 1 is good for the first 15 minutes but everything at hogwarts isn't that entertaining

>he cant analyze a visual medium

7/8 are so good. hell 6 7 8 are so good.

Poa is absolutely fantastic. They are my favorites.

No no no. Ignore the books. Take the movies as stand alone media. Best to worst is 6, 7, 3, 1, 8, 5, 2, 4.

I just found it to be the least engaging in a marathon I recently had. Trying to ignore book changes and character differences is whatever but it just felt like there weren't any memorable scenes or set prices in comparison, but maybe that's the point to slow things down right before it gets high gear.

yea I really enjoyed how it allowed the characters to breathe i just found it very good. the beginning with voldemort, godrics hollow, bathilda bagshots, the woods and patronus, lovegoods, malfoys mansion with dobby dying in the climax and happy hes with his friends.. sacrifice and orwellian themes.i like it a lot. nailed the book imo and made the characters or at least harry and hermione some more weight..i think its what the series needed before the final battle.

Part 4 god tier

Nice mate I rated my top three as 3 7 6 but i love all three so much its hard to rank. i think they are definitely the best films and as you said you should ignore the books. goblet was the worst unfortunately but its still decent with a great climax

As

Pointed out i think Goblet is the worst. Its not even bad just the others are better and much better directed. it has really good material

That's what pissed me off. Book 4 is the key film for the lore, voldemorts return, excellent world building, etc. And the film shut all over the material. Plus, the effects are somehow worse than the prior films.

the bluray print has some issue bluray.com points out for heavy cgi scenes like the dragon chase the picture is greenly muddled. it kind of makes the graphics look worse so i think they might be slightly better in the original print.

But yea i understand films have to be paced and have constraints but they left out some great shit. The third task???? even though the shining maze fit the film fine its a disappointment because the material was so good. second task was pretty good though. You know Cuarom declined to direct bc post production of azkaban would have overlapped with preproduction of goblet....WB should have pushed it back...we will never get a single take graveyard scene or third task....

one last bump if anyone has anything left to say or rank

The movies are shit.

The mythology of the franchise is designed to evoke classic children's literature. There is a skewed sense of humor applied to almost everything. It works well on the page but it's cringey as fuck to see it taken seriously on film.

If I HAD to rank them I'd put Azkaban first because it's interesting to look at. The rest are pure shit.

you really are fucked in the head. the humor works fine in the films, except goblet. the scripts werent written by jk rowling. british humor is great and hp nailed it..not only that Cuarons and Yates are all fantastic, literally couldnt have been dome better as films

only the first two are pure children literature. the material gets increasingly dark as does the representations of witchcraft. to reflect anyone growing up in the real world esp in a corrupt society

Pure. Dog. Shit.

There is zero charm in these movies.

id drill emma so hard, m8...

6>8>3>7>5>1>2>4

5 would be lower but the final duel between voldemort and dumbledore was just epic. One of the few parts i enjoyed more in the movies than in the books

Dude.....Your opinions..You have zero charm because they are better than the books.

Get some fucking taste. The material gets dark for a reason harry doesnt have a grand old time. they are literally more comfy and better shot than lord of the rings. lotr is child shit. the themes in lotr are vanilla as fuck. the films were great adaptations, aside from goblet

>zero charm
>everyone loves them
>highest grossing franchise ever only finally suprassed by marvel which has like 20 something films
>james bond not even close

>only the first two are pure children literature

I didn't say otherwise.

The stories got darker but the whimsical humor never went away. Almost every name in the series is some sort of pun or joke, and there is always a little smirk woven into the background. Humor is blended flawlessly with seriousness with a very careful hand.

The movies are too simplistic and too American, and the series just doesn't work ion film. Doesn't translate at all.

Congratulations, you just realized the movie going public is fucking retarded.

5 is underrated in general imo. nice ranking even tho i would switch 8 with 3 or 79 glad to see some more love for HBP its such a dreamlike and dreary piece of cinema

the hp films have nice film-making, not even talking about the plot. only people who see it can appreciate it.

>The stories got darker but the whimsical humor never went away
why should it go away? the british as sefl deprecation lovers, it worked semlessly

I have to disagree vehemently they translated to film very well, even game of thrones shows longer series will ruin source material regardless. 3 5 6 7 8 are all solid as hell to fantastic. even 2 is pretty good

Idk why but it really is just the standout film of the franchise for me, it's just fantastic

also

>too american
youve lost me completely now, and i dont think it matters anymore, they are very british, except for actually the first two bc colombus

The first two are pure gold. The third one is the worst because it really screwed up the story and had evil dumbledore.
4th "HARRY, DID YOU PUT YOU'RE NAME IN THE GOBLET OF FIRE!!!"

Someone post the scene in 8 where horcrux herm is telling ron she'd rather fuck harry.

dumbledore wast evil in the third hes actually really spot on and ecclectic and humble. nor did it screw up the story you need to rewatch them or something. youre thinking of goblet of fire. newell was a bad director.

1 2 are good and couldnt be better but kost of the others are better films for sure

that was 7

Was it? I suppose it must've been

Its directed with confidence (not that azkaban isnt) the entire thing is a brooding masterpiece with the castle engulfing the characters as the film goes on and the castles corridors literally getting darker

no worries also that was a good scene that horcrux was nasty

*engulfing the characters in times of stress

Yeah, I remember being with my niece and nephew and being a little weirded out by it. They were kinda young at the time.

youtu.be/Xy8yAPEyv-4

lol that ones definitely not really a kids film..from 6 on really

Movie harry and hermione should have ended up together, they had the best chemistry. Movie ginny sucked ass. Book ginny and harry worked perfectly though.

Good luck stopping them from seeing it haha. They weren't babies or even primary school age, but still we'd never talked about that sort of thing so I was a little anxious they were going to start asking me questions.

This. Even JK said she'd rather have had them work out after the fact. Shitstorm ensued

these are my favorite scenes from Deathly Hallows Part 1
youtube.com/watch?v=DFe0OR-Vaww

youtube.com/watch?v=pGH9OlTVoQA

youtube.com/watch?v=nfuArv7A8Dc

pure kino

Yea first links for you they had really good chemistry. ginny was terrible yea and in ootp she was fine but hbp was shit

AGREED! I also feel that with everyone saying harry was so powerful, he acted like a little bitch the whole time. He couldnt even summon a patronus to save his own ass, snape had to. For fucks sake man he was part voldemort, man the fuck up pussy. Let out that dark side a bit.

yea the director and actors played it well, hermione said she talked to jk about it bc it wasnt in the books but it makes sense for the characters, and they dont even need to do anything as evident in the film it clear they had feeling for eachother just didnt act on it. it also males for a great scene because harry is absolutely wrecked that he can only cheer up hermione for a minute and now theyre back to being in danger and shes willing to die for jim

he used a patronus in the minsitry tho..he uses it all the time.. he didnt know where to find the sword that doesnt mean he was weak and couldnt patronus, snapes patronus led him to it, because snapes a bro

1 and 2 are almost perfect adaptions, 3 had huge pot points taken out, scenes were mismatched and added, The amount of unneeded and ridiculous changes made from book to movie is insane.
Anyone who has read the book can attest to how bad of an adaption it is, Evil dumbledore had not yet fully embraced his title until Goblet of Fire, but for future reference, Gambon is evil Dumbledore, Hariss IS just Dumbledore.

I thought that was one of the most poinent scenes in the whole franchise. I think jk said it was to show "the ghosts of things that could have been" or something along those lines, which describes it perfectly.

Snape was def a bro. But i still feel that harry was portrayed as much weaker than he should have been. All these battles and every time he barely skimps by on luck. I wanted to see him fuck some people up, like really fuck up some death eaters

GO FUCK YOURSELF. Sorry, I just felt like cursing you out for no reason, that was fun.

See
its pleb level to talk about the books in a film critique. of course the first two short books are the easiest and most simple to adapt ,as they go point by point.

Rewatch the films. 3 is a great adaptation as are all of them besides goblet. Gambon was great in 3 and 6. i love harris

are you the user i was talking too? or unrelated? lol

No. I am unrelated.

yea ik what you mean but in his defense i think he disarms lucius, a death eater, in the minsitry, he also stuns him before that.

Harry fucked dracos shit up he flooded the bathroom with his tears.

He tried to fight snape that was valiant.
He also did in fact duel voldemort a few times and not shit himself..

and my fav he tries to crucio bellatrix

definitely. it also just works well on a friendship level with the entire series and the moment on the film, they really cared about eachother and couod have been a couple easily

fuck no, the list goes like this:
2>I dont give a fuck

thats pleb level man, look colombus is good but its vanilla studio directing tier. perfect for the material but the others really have more to offer. i love chamber tho.

You need to expand your pallet, i like both the early and latter ones, its not question 3>2>1

You got me there. Yeah he did some admirable shit, but like i just wanted to see him recognize his own power. He was potentially more powerful than dumbledore. I wanted him to hold someones life in his hand or just really fuck someones day up rather than disarm or stun them.

K...
2>1>..........3 What the fuck was that one?>7 that was cool when Harry died and came back and shit.

Hows that?

3 is what the fuck is that one tier? its so good, ominous and weird..buckbeak never dies bc theres no alternate timeline he isnt saved, the novikov self consistency princple, harry realizes he already cast the patronus honestly the final hour of the film is pretty specacular. the themes of the past present and future, divination, prophecy worked great

harry dies in 8 not 7. dobby dies in 7. if you havent you should rewatch them because ive grown to appreciate them moreso as films.

Fuck yourself

Anyone watching one atm, i was gonna put one on but cant decide

sadfu game tho >>>>>>>>>>>>

lol no fuck you

I second his fuck you

I'll give you my second fuck you.

I noticed recently 3 and 5 have down the rabbit hole moments at the halfway points that go along with the film perfectly

8>7>6>5>4>3>2>1
fucking illiterate

1>3>7>2>6>5>4>8

Even though chamber isnt the best hp film or even close, here you go because i love them all