So at work today some fag gave me counterfeit money (work at toysrus) I didn't know it was counterfeit and we don't...

So at work today some fag gave me counterfeit money (work at toysrus) I didn't know it was counterfeit and we don't have the machine or the pin. The mod was pissed but he is not the gm. I was never taught how to determine counterfeit money from real money. Yes its my fault for excepting it but I was never trained. If I get fired can I take them to court. What should I do /b

Other urls found in this thread:

pwoah7foa6au2pul.onion/listing.php?id=145007
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Work to discover the plot and be a whistleblower, then never work another day in your life.

You fault faggot, who the fuck doesn't know how to check for fake bills? Especially someone who works with money?

Man ToysRUs got me fucked up. I used to work there and it fucking sucked. They'll just fuck you over. Leave while you can, Sup Forumsro.

you would spend money on a lawyer to keep a job at toysrus?

wow your economy really sucks

why not just get a real job like chef at burgerking

"stupid" is not a protected class so no, you don't have a claim for wrongful termination in an at-will state (most of them) for a non-union position (you don't have one).

you're getting fired anyway, just molest as many kids as you can before they throw you out.

I'm in kansas

Yes, you have a case.

But I'm not sure if spending the time and money to keep a job at Toys R Us is worth it.

>quit tomorrow
>put the time you've spent there on your resume
>when in a new interview, express that you left because you weren't trained on taking in counterfeit bills and you made the mistake of taking one in
>ok

where is the problem here OP its a minimum wage job. find a new one they are endless in the global capitol hill. shit is easy as shitting

Kansas has no protections beyond protected classes (e.g. being fired just for being black or atheist)

It's not would cost more to get a case

did it look like this?

your best bet is to keep going with the lack of training story, or at the end of the day offer to take it out of your check.

the problem with a lawyer is having the money. u cant just "sue" them because they have more money and will get the best lawyers.

but the issue here is that it's probably way too late. Sometimes the best way to defend yourself is to know when shits about to happen and act ignorant. The more you act like a tard the easier it is for them to believe you simply didn't know and push blame on to your trainer.

But if you've admitted guilt, they're going to think you knew and simply forgot

setlle down nancy, youre not going to get fired for one missed bill, just be honest and say i dont how to tell

>If I get fired can I take them to court.
only if you never again admit that it was your fault
unless they can prove that you knew or had reason to believe the bill was counterfeit you can not be held liable for accepting the bill
depending on the state you can either sue for wrongful termination or collect unemployment for wrongful termination

top lel

No its one of the old $100 that don't have security on them

Accept responsibility, show willingness to improve, & explain future error will not happen. Management will love you and promote you in future due to responsible and forward thinking behavior.

...you fucking idiot, let me guess he wanted a bunch of change?

tell your manager to get the magicink pens that you can mark on bills.

Apologize, and offer to pay from your own paycheck. (Usually you wont have to and it shows you are willing to atone for your mistake)
Then, at the end of the day ask them to train/show you how to spot fake bills.

Dont sue, act angry, be a dumbass about it.
Yes its your fault, but you didnt know because you werent told. Stick with that and show them you want to learn so you dont make the same mistake again

We don't have them or the fraud detectors in our store

you know, if i were a counterfeiter id just print that x right on there. well actually, i would counterfeit stamps, who the fuck checks a stamp?

Shit like this. Don't come to that job and try to use "logic" or to prove a point. Managers and shit will see that as you being defensive. Be honest about it and push that you didn't know.

But if it was me? I'd be trying to find another job, even if it was just shot gunning ads on CL or Indeed. When shit like that happens always assume you're about to get one more check, and then your last check.

toysrus is cutting corners and retreating as a business. One of those corners cut seems to be loss prevention, as training employees to spot counterfeit money isn't all that difficult.

well then that should be your reply when bitched at for it.
"so give me a counterfeit checking pen"

assuming you didn't get the 95% of counterfeits that are detectable by sight alone, e.g. p-notes

if you work with money you really should at least know what real bills look like. also $2 bills exist and you shouldn't call the police if a kid gives you one. like that dumbass in the news for doing precisely that. and the dumbass cops who didn't know $2 bills exist and are legal tender either.

We weren't even taught how to do anything at our store. Ok scan the item, it money take it, enter in amount, give hie much chsnge it says give it to person

I honestly don't see much room for profit in stamp production. Plus most of those pens fade after you mark on them, so a big x marked on a bill would be more suspicious than anything.

>spending your $2 bills
man why would you even spend them, they're like collector's items

people collect 2 dollar bills, but really they're only worth face value and not worth collecting at all.

I seriously doubt you would get fired for that but if you do I wouldn't bother going through the effort of suing.

Seriously, if they're too stupid to teach cashiers basic, day one shit (I'm going to assume that you were reasonable to assume the bill was real and didn't just take Monopoly money or something) then leave them to sink into financial ruin like they deserve.

Well still some old money doesn't have the security stuff on them. They just can't assume we know fake from real.

Here's your answer OP

Also hide as many slides you can into the girls toys, trust me it's a brilliant idea.

Your work gave you no means or training to spot a fake bill. It's 100% their fault that it slipped through. Don't apologize. Don't offer to take it out of your paycheck. If they give you shit about it tell them that if they were so concerned about fake bills slipping through they should have at least given you a pen.

Then if they told you you should've checked the bill manually tell them, "What, am I supposed to visually check every single bill that comes through my line? If you're really concerned then drop $20 and buy a pack of bill checking markers."

This should work unless your boss is a complete dick, or if the bill you were handed was just a rectangle cut out of a white piece of computer paper with a shitty green crayon drawing of Andrew Jackson with "$20" drawn on each side.

If the bill was fairly passable and your boss tries to take it out of your paycheck tell him you'll tell corporate about it including the fact that you had no bill checker pens.

GM: Dur dur I don't give a fuck get someone to get a fucking credit card, next person I'll watch you
Friend Bob comes up he is 16: checks out
Gm: you didn't for a card
HE IS NOT OLD ENOUGH
Gm: your supposed to ask everyone
SO LITTLE FUCKING 5 YEAR OLDS

Dont listen op. This assumes your manager is going to be reasonable. Most of the people working in those stores are assholes and think youre replaceable.

lol wut

Just get a job at Kum & Go mate

Just steal a bunch of Xbox games before you get fired, problem solved

Bullshit.

TRU has pens at every register to test money on top what you ignored in the training video as a cashier.

You're a lazy millennial that like your whole stupid generation can't admit responsibility for you actually are responsible for and you have a shitty entitled work ethic.

Kill yourself.

Daily basis, you don't get someone to sign up from a stupid credit card (only can be used at the store) he gets so fucking pissed

>excepting
accepting

I think you should demand $15/hour OP

Don't listen OP; plan is foolproof.

You can come in our store and look, we don't have them at our registers and was never taught were they are located if we have them

Kekk

If it's not an at will hire/fire state, you can talk to a lawyer about making the case that you were improperly trained. Though I doubt they'll fire you over this incident alone.
Protip: Look at the far right side of the bill in the light, there should be a faint relief of the president's picture in the light. Depending on how old the bill is, there are a dozen other obvious features, from the number of the denomination printed in tiny golden letters at seemingly random spots, to reflective ribbons, etc.
Of course, if you let the guy buy something with monopoly money he stole from a game in your own store, you should be fired. There are limits to excusing ignorance.

Wait, your credit card can only be used at your store? What a fucking shitty card.

What store do you work at?

Next I suppose there is no LP there.

Your excuses are like you, pathetic.

Toysrus credit card can only be used at toysrus, unless you get the MasterCard which can be used outside, but why apply if you don't get the MasterCard and why is it MasterCard?

im not saying you would get rich, but the whole point is to not get caught.

Not sure if you read already, but OP stated it was an old $100. I buy counterfeit currency all the time, the old bills (read 1980s) doesn't have a strip or watermark (they started in the 1990s). Passing the pen test is the only feature you need to fake on these when passing them.

I don't know what that is

Wait, is the first one more of a membership/saver's card/whatever the fuck they call it? That would actually make sense.

It's so easy to steal shit for your friends when you work at the register

The toysrus rewards card is reasonable for every $125 you spend you get $5. But why get a credit card for toysrus. Just get an actual credit card

So how many little girls buttholes have you destroyed op?
>Litterally the only reason you would fight for a job at toys r us.

the law gives you a shitlead of protection from this - you get fired or forced to pay (don't!) and you coud be on your way to a very nice settlement.
Just the social media shit you could stir up should make them eat the loss but if they try to fuck you get a lawyer.
And get ready for payday!

The old 100's also have the red/blue fibers mixed throughout them.

Pay them. Basically they got free labor for one day. And no I'm not gonna let them fire me for something I don't know or make me pay. Hell this will get to social media then the company will look bad

>But I'm not sure if spending the time and money to keep a job at Toys R Us is worth it.
That's not what he'd be doing, he'd be getting a shitload of money from them for trying to fuck him over on an issue that is 100% their responsibility.
They'll settle, meaning give his lawyer a big cash payment to make OP's stress go away - he won't have to work at a shit job like that for a long time.

He's already gone online about this because he's so worried. The fucking stress, OP. Will $80,000 make it go away? $100,000?

QuikTrip is king around here buddy.

Buy yourself a printer, some BTC, and fire up TOR then. pwoah7foa6au2pul.onion/listing.php?id=145007

How often do you come across people with counterfeit? Like holy christ

>offer to take it out of your check.
NEVER
NEVER
NEVER do this. Refuse to do it and if they insist get a fucking lawyer, and cash the fuck in.

Also metion to them that your friends keep telling you to take the issue to social media. That will make them shit and they'll be happy to please you. If not, lawyer-time, and then they're fucked for much more money.

Start looking for a job, honestly you can probably find better work than this.

I pooped my pants

If they take it out of your check that's illegal even if you offer. Toys R Us is dying fast. The stores near me are in a nice part of town and one of the whitest cities in America. They can't afford to staff enough employees. They could get good lawyers but they'd have to cut back even more hours and employees. I use to be a area manager where was top dog and went from store to store managing. They are dying.

THIS IS NOW A TRUMP THREAD

We had about 25 people at our store. Only have like 10 each day. After 4 there's only 5 employees there

Our stores had a max of 5-7 then after 5pm we'd have 2-4. All because toys r us is going into the shitter.

Stay open tell 10 each night besides sunday when we close at 8 but nobody comes in after 8 anyway. Only time that place is bussy is Christmas

Hi. I promise you are in a right to work state. I promise you may be able to salvage some settlement if you get a very good lawyer and talk with the department of labor. I promise that in all likelyhood, you will lose a great deal of time and money on this, short term especially for only a very moderate and far off 'payout'.

Don't be dumb, start looking for a new job.

Yep. Fuck that place. I moved up in the world and left that shithole. Even other managers in different areas were getting the fuck out.

Every time I lost a tooth growing up, I got $2 bills from my mom (tooth fairy lol) 2 of them are actually really old, with a red seal instead of the currently used green. One is a 1917 issue and the other is 1931. So one minted during WWI and one minted in the heart of the Great Depression. They're worth a decent amount. So if you ever see some idiot "selling" them for face value, look for the red seal. Both of mine together are worth ~$1250

Hey OP any way I can get a cheap 3DS from toysrus like a secret sale or some shit? Any reason not to go to Walmart?

Still $200. Price match a used one form someplace cashier probably won't know its used or some shit. Apply for the credit card get excepted get 10% with use but can't use it on consoles wtf

REEEEEEEE
I just want to play fire emblem and Pokémon goddamnit

Is that legit?

there is only one solution
>make napalm
>pour in front of all exits except one
>start fire
>sit outside non-burning exit
>shoot escapees
>get high score