PUNK THREAD

PUNK THREAD

punk, post punk, post hardcore, noise rock, deathrock, etc; if it's punk, it goes here. Share, discuss, belittle each other, and so on. Newer and/or more obscure shit encouraged, please refrain from posting canon "classics"; everyone knows Damaged, there is nothing to discuss.

>pic related

Anasazi is the shit, it's a shame the production on the LP was a muddy mess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pSt_fdZ_n4M
youtube.com/watch?v=VJKqZDwUOi0
youtube.com/watch?v=zDERX0yf3AU
youtube.com/watch?v=9-stUvuzUkE
d-sagawa666.bandcamp.com/releases
wayoutband.bandcamp.com
dangerousminds.net/comments/stream_the_scary_demented_new_album_by_doomsday_student_with_ex_members_of_
hairsprayqueen.bandcamp.com/releases
youtu.be/zsyiZbt_K0I
savageblindgod.bandcamp.com/album/skinny-lizard
toxicbreedsfunhouse.blogspot.com/
straightonview.blogspot.com/
cutnpasteyoface.blogspot.com/
sophiesfloorboard.blogspot.com/
prisonhit.bandcamp.com/album/rotting-rose
twitter.com/AnonBabble

anasazi is (was?) really cool.

you should check out belgrado, if you haven't already. the record they put out this year is ace.

youtube.com/watch?v=pSt_fdZ_n4M

wait, did Anasazi break up? I thought they played a show on halloween?

will check out belgrado, thx

bump

Warthog slay.

youtube.com/watch?v=VJKqZDwUOi0

Glue.

youtube.com/watch?v=zDERX0yf3AU

Bump again. Let's share more shit

DiE

youtube.com/watch?v=9-stUvuzUkE

one of the better new bands outta new england, played w them a few weeks back

d-sagawa666.bandcamp.com/releases

wayoutband.bandcamp.com

really tight post punk from providence

Glue is so fucking tight. Do you like liquids or the coneheads?

Beat happening are the greatest punk band

Powerviolence faggot reporting in.

not him but all the NWI scene bands are incredible but their elitism/cliqueish nature/refusal to tour or at least make their music readily available is really grating. 'least Liquids have a bandcamp.

Are Coneheads even still a band?

Last time I checked the sex pistols were the best braah

new doomsday student album comes out today
dangerousminds.net/comments/stream_the_scary_demented_new_album_by_doomsday_student_with_ex_members_of_

Yeah I think they are

hairsprayqueen.bandcamp.com/releases

another pvd band, newer punk/post punk kids, excited to hear what else they're gonna do

boy I love powerviolence

nails, ACxDC, the list could go on

youtu.be/zsyiZbt_K0I

even more providence shit

belligerent noise rock. like the classic AmRep bands, but actually as good as you remember them being.

savageblindgod.bandcamp.com/album/skinny-lizard

The absolute best band in Providence right now.

Had this going since I got back from work. RIP Micky Fitz.

This is kinda my problem with punk these days, I'm super out of the loop on current bands... It's been hard to get back into it because so many scenes are damn near impenetrable in their level of accessibility, unless you want Deathwish style converge worship. Especially locally here where it's like 90% indie-folk bullshit or hip-hop. I know there is a small somewhat tight-knit punk underground here, but you never hear anything about it.

I've been in need of some decent punk reccs for a LONG time, saw anasazi mentioned in another thread the other day... good shit indeed

all it takes is to start is finding one modern punk band you like

check out the label they're on, look at show flyers to see who they play with, join an online community (facebook is seriously a great way to find touring punk bands)

check out these blogs too

toxicbreedsfunhouse.blogspot.com/
straightonview.blogspot.com/
cutnpasteyoface.blogspot.com/
sophiesfloorboard.blogspot.com/

Check out the prov/boston stuff I've been posting

new england is pretty cool right now, even if theres a shortage of diy spaces at the moment

Doomsday Student aka Arab On Radar just dropped tonight

It's ok, actually kinda Jad and David Fair so far. Defenestrationcore

thanks man, I'll look into those blogs...

Single Mothers is the most recent band I discovered on my own, I suppose I should look into others on the label.

prisonhit.bandcamp.com/album/rotting-rose

some good ol fashioned rock n roll from boston

RP has pretty quickly become one of my favorite bands of all time. Anyone know anything that blends deathrock and anarcho-punk in a similar fashion other than Rubella Ballet and The Magits?

follow Jimmy on youtube. He's probably become the most comprehensive blog/aggregator for modern punk.

Thank you

check out SBG
they're straight RP worship. Way Out () is also great goth/deathrock, but not nearly as aggressive. Hairspray Queen has some slight deathrock vibes as well ()

im not trying to shamelessly promote my locals ppl just keep posting things that apply to them

this SBG is pretty nice and close to what I was looking for, thanks user

what do you guys think of Raspberry Bulbs? I really dig these guys... Anasazi gives me a bit of a similar vibe.