Remember that really old movie, "The Empire strikes back"?

he's like 15

Wow hoe not responsible of mr toby

who? the writer?

>TUG

The problem is not that he's too young, it's the fact that no one talks like that.

>not getting thats the point.
It's almost like they did that on purpose...

>those erect nipples
Aunt May, what's happening? Are you cold?

goddamn

I found the line funny even though it was just pandering for the normies.

What the fuck Aunt May?

>shut in physics nerd
>cursory knowledge of Star Wars

doesn't check out, ruined my immersion during this scene

>you know those walky walky things on the ice planet

He would know full well those are called AT-AT's

>1980 was 56 years ago

kek

Nerd=/=geek

But normies don't.

Tbf the script would have been just as good

pls tell me he doesnt say that thatd be retarded

he doesn't actually say that r-right guys it's a meme?

He does and the entire theater had a giggle about it.

Pretty much this. Most normies don't know what AT-AT means.

My theory is that Peter was trying to seem cool by feigning ignorance of the specifics of a geeky movie. He totally knew exactly what he was talking about and in doing the tow cable AT-AT maneuver demonstrated his knowledge of the subject. He wanted to impress Tony, he wanted to be a hero and maybe earn some money, desperate to hang out with the big boys.

>Janitors delete a spoiler image of the female chest (not even a sexual reproductive organ)

I bet if I post a shirtless picture of a man this post will stay here forever, what a fucking faggot.

So you're saying Peter was hiding his powerlevel from the cool kids?
I'm buying it.

more like he was just pretending not to know to wind them up with how young he seems

Is it that hard to believe a 15 year old would consider The Empire Strikes Back an "old movie?"

Besides, he is probably a Trek fan.

It is objectively old , but no-one talks that way. It would be like saying "Do you remember that really old singer called Michael Jackson?"

But he's dead, not old.

No 15 year old would call it "The Empire Strikes Back".
The acceptable way to call it would be "Star Wars 5" or "Episode 5".
The only people who say the full "The Empire Strikes Back" title are the +30 year olds who say it when it came out.

>say it when it came out.
Meant to type "saw it when it came out"

You know where I come from nobody uses the episode numbers.

He should know what Hoth and an AT-AT are.

>people rolling their eyes when they weren't even born when the empire strikes back was released

It's literally an old movie.

Did you come from 1983?

This. If anybody ever did I would have to think about which one they were talking about and then I would dismiss them as a weirdo who will probably pull a Sandy Hook.

Why? I couldn't have named the walking thingies and I've seen that movie like 5 times.
No but I don't know anyone who calls those movies by their number. Everyone I know refers to them by the actual name of the movie.

It's a joke retard.

what ps3 game is that?

Do you call AoTC or RotS Star Wars 2 or Star Wars 3?
No.

He's trying to cover up how much of a mega dork he is. I fucking do this all the time. Puts normie clients at ease. Wait look who I'm talking to here, Jesus what's wrong with me.

>the phantom menace was released closer to Empire than present day

kill me

no it's not

It's almost like he's hiding his power level to keep a potential father figure from thinking less of him

Oh wait

I do fite me bitch boi

LMAO

and just where the hell do you come from then?

huh, hun.... what's the deal then, let's hear it already?

You do realize that's how 16 year olds actually see the old Star Wars movies, right? My little sister just saw all the old Star Wars movies for the first time and she was just bored throughout. To her it's just a bunch of old boring movies, because she's 16 and that shit IS old now. It's more than twice (almost three times, actually) her age at this point.

>Is it that hard to believe a 15 year old would consider The Empire Strikes Back an "old movie?"
Not really. The movies are old but they don't feel dated. It would have made more sense for him to have just said
>Have you guys ever seen Empire Strikes Back?

>The movies are old but they don't feel dated.

They do to kids of that age, dude. As I mentioned in I actually have experience with showing a 16 year old the entire OT for the very first time and the reaction was one of boredom and comments about how old the movies felt.

>but don't feel dated
Yes they do, take off your nostalgia goggles.

I watched Star Wars for the first time when I was 16.

Can confirm; 19 year old said the both 4 and 5 are boring and slow

This, seriously.

Of all the shitty things in the movie you could be picky about, I thought Spidey was the most endearing. I mean shit, take out like the first hour and the last 30 minutes and I would've been fine with that as a Spiderman movie opening.

You were 16 in an earlier year. Your time watching Star Wars literally happened closer to the release of Star Wars, making it objectively less dated than it is today simply by virtue of the amount of time that passed.

I'm only 22. I don't think 6 years makes that much difference.

>Cap Civil War mentions Empire Strikes Back
>X Men Apocalypse mentions Return of the Jedi
FULL POETRY

most of the kids i know only know of star wars as a franchise. most haven't seen the OT. it is an old movie.

the whole point of that line was to make a bunch of old nerds feel dated.

FUCK OFF. WE NEED MORE QUIPS

QUIPS QUIPS QUIPS

Go out and enjoy your life son

You seem upset. Can't you go enjoy your own movies?

>Tfw Empire is 40 years old

I actually fucking laughed at this.

As if that wasn't a setup for the only joke in the scene.

Not even a 15 year old is gonna think people might not know what Empire Strikes Back is.

>Civil War mentions Empire Strikes Back
>Civil War is the Empire Strikes Back of the MCU
>Bucky loses his arm

A better question would be why he wouldn't refer to it as "star wars episode 5"

the metal one or the real one?

Hey do you guys remember that old film directed by the guy who made Howard the Duck called Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back staring Mark Hamill, Carries Fisher, and Harrison Ford?

IT'S A LIGHT-HEARTED JOKE YOU TRIGGERED AUTISTS, WHY DO Sup Forums AND Sup Forums KEEP MAKING THREADS ABOUT THIS ONE SCENE

wasted trips there, autismo.

you have to realize the old 40-50 year old neets that watched it and bitch about it here were super triggered because it reminded them how old they are

It's Tugboat, you faggot.

But I'm 20 and I loved watching the originals on vhs as a kid

They do it for free, let them have a buff dude to look at.

Thank god I'm not a normie, that must be awful

>X Men Apocalypse mentions Return of the Jedi

Really what scene?

The metal one. Though it'd be funny if he was left with just legs like a goofy T. rex person.

TFW Spider-Man should have been played by Bran Stark.

I use numbers for the prequels and titles for the OT

I'm fucking 26 and friends I showed the OT to that were my age in junior high who hadn't seen it previously were complaining it looked old and how they weren't expecting it to look so old and "fake", laughing at the puppets and shit like Luke falling in Bespin. And these weren't even normies.

>Loli spiderman
O-ok

>Remember that really old movie, "Star Wars Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back"?
You're right Sup Forums this way sounds so much fucking better.

I don't believe you. I'm 20 and i grew up watching the originals on VHS, and all of my friends loved them

Tugboat Maguire, you have to say the full thing

>geeky movie
It's fucking Star Wars dude.

Everybody has seen it.

The problem is that the movie is iconic. Everybody fucking knows what it is.

It's like "Hey guys remember that old politician Abraham Lincoln,"

>Nerds actually believe this
Maybe JJ's neutered movie

It might be even better or at least more dank. More ebin references and hot incest scene with DON'T DO IT AUNT MAY

I'm 20 and I saw them on vhs/vcr/like-a-cd-but-it's-a-box when I was a kid, they felt slow and boring as hell. I skipped through parts of Episode V, Episode VI was the only original that I watched from start to finish. But then again I have still never finished Episodes I or II, so maybe the series in general just isn't for me.

most normies dont know characters name of movie they watch.

nobody knew who was Clint , Wilson etc.

They just record them as arrow guy, black wing guy etc.

This desu

thank you god for posting this

never heard what he said

Please don't prop up Abe Lincoln with fucking star wars. It's not that big, it's just a movie. I know plenty of casuals who've never even seen them.

no they are not boring . i saw them in age of 14 . I didnt thought they were boring.

you having a retarted sister doesnt make these movies boring

Because the idea that there are people out there who aren't so familiar with Star Wars that they know that Fondor and Kuat are the most important shipyards in the galaxy just confuses the hell out of your average Sup Forums Star Wars fan.

>Everybody has seen it.

I'm 20 and none of my friends have ever seen a Star Wars film. I have two sisters (22 & 24) and a brother (27) who have never seen Star Wars. My parents (48 & 50) have never seen Star Wars. I hadn't until last year, either.

>everybody has seen it

faggots believe this.

Young people suck, this is not recent news. On a side note everyone born after 1990 is insufferable to be around.