So I recently found out that I'm part Ukranian. What can Sup Forums tell me about the (notable) Ukranian people...

So I recently found out that I'm part Ukranian. What can Sup Forums tell me about the (notable) Ukranian people, it's civilisations, achievements and other shit like that.

Pls no memes.

theyre women are CUTE

this is bait thread

Russified Poles

kk

posting in a bait thread

Lenin invented Ukraine

That's Belarus m8. At least most Ukrainians still speak their own language.

>Lenin
Try Gorbachev

> I recently found out that I'm part Ukranian
My condolences.

> I recently found out that I'm part Ukranian
My condolences.

>Ukranian
Extraordinary bait

Lenin invented Ukraine

KHAN'D

Nikolai Gogol was the greatest Ukrainian man

russians have tried to kill them for 350 years,and still they linger on

do you have aids ?

Gogol counts as Russian writer. But still awesome.

No, but if had, then what?

No.

Who are they?

And who's he m8?

What sick kientz.

This thread wasn't b8. I wanted a unironic answer since I see anti-Ukraine posts from Russia/Poland/Finland all the time.

Its too late to delete this so I might post this on /his/ instead next time.

>At least most Ukrainians still speak their own language.
1/7 ukr population speak their own language

WE
WUZ
KOSSACKS
AND SHEET

Do you mean the real meaning of the word "Ukraine"? In this case everyone should be mentally replace the word "Ukraine" to "outskirts between two independent nations".

>Names of the peoples living on the modern territory of Ukraine: Ruthenians(Golitsyns), Malorussians, Novorussians.
>Almost every citizen of Russia and Ukraine has a kinship with each other.
>A lot of Ukrainian officials throughout history held a high political posts in Russia like Khrushchev, Brezhnev.
>Word "Ukraine" literally means "Outskirts".
>Ukraine for the first time as an independent state in existence since 1991.
This is actually lost part of Russia.
Repost from:

You silly goober did you really have to look up how to spell "Ukraine"?

ukranians are a bunch of subhumans living in a shithole just like every slav

>brazil

at least I'm not a subhuman slav like you lot whose only purpose was to feed German furnaces in WW2

>Ukraine

keep shit like this on paranormal mate

Slovakia was first ally to Nazi Germany

>to be used as canon fodder
only proves my point

Slovak soldiers were on par with Wehrmacht, thats why there was no need of their presence in country

>on origins
So, you had a bunch of tribes of East Slavic speakers. Let's call them Rus'.
Those Rus' formed a bunch of principalities and ended merging into four "main" populations: Novgorodians, Muscovites, White Rus' and Ruthenians. Nov+Mus eventually became Russia, White Rus' is Belarus, and Ruthenia is what's today called Ukraine.

So no, ethnic Ukrainians aren't a kind of "Russians", much like Englishmen aren't a kind of Scots.

>on name
Ruthenia means literally "Rus land".
Ukraine is "edgeland", and it was used primarily as a poetic name, then eventually it shifted as main name for Ukraine.

Worth mentioning Slavs in general have this tradition of calling peoples by the place, sometimes with a colour added for geographical direction.

This is correct, here is what Nestor, most important Eastern Slavic chronicar said, he also refered to tribes by location where they settled

“Over a long period the Slavs settled beside the Danube, where the Hungarian and Bulgarian lands now lie. From among these Slavs, parties scattered throughout the country and were known by appropriate names, according to the places where they settled. Thus some came and settled by the river Morava, and were named Moravians, while others were called Czechs. Among these same Slavs are included the White Croats, the Serbs and the Carinthians. For when the Vlakhs attacked the Danubian Slavs, settled among them and did them violence, the latter came and made their homes by the Vistula, and were then called Lyakhs. Of these same Lyakhs some were called Polyanians, some Lutichians, some Mazovians, and still others Pomorians. Certain Slavs settled also on the Dnieper, and were likewise called Polyanians. Still others were named Derevlians, because they lived in the forests. Some also lived between the ‘Pripet’ and the Dvina, and were known as Dregovichians. Other tribes resided along the Dvina and were called the Polotians on account of a small stream called the Polota, which flows into the Dvina. It was from this same stream that they were named the Polotians. The Slavs also dwelt about Lake Il’men, and were known there by their characteristic name. They built a city which they called Novgorod. Still others had their homes along the Desna, the Sem’ and the Sula, and were called Severians. Thus the Slavic race was divided, and its language was known as Slavic.”

>White Rus'
>slavs
>white

LMAO

why the fuck are even latin americans hating slavs on this board

Borderlands?

It's just one retard

History is a bit of a too long subject, so a TL;DR of the region would be something like
>Kievan Rus'
>Principality of Galicia-Volhynia
>Mongol invasion
>Cossack States
>Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth
>Russian Empire
>Soviet times
>Independence

They're called "White Rus'" because they're to the north. Race doesn't really matter in this case, they're White Rus' because they're at the north, much like Montenegro is at the South.

I think it's only one guy.

Nobody hates us. It's just banter

but we like slavs

saw one chilean yesterday spergin aswell

That or the Soviets just steamrolled through and didn't have to fight there like they did in other countries

The image is from when Soviets were only retreating

The guy who was basically the brains behind the early Soviet rockets was Ukrainian. His designs are still the basis for the current Soyuz rockets in use today. His name was Sergei Korolev.

Why does Ukraine elicit so much hate on here, especially from other eastern Europeans? So what, their ethnogenesis happened relatively recently, but your ethnicity was young at one point too. That doesn't make their identity any less legitimate. Ukraine has a lot of potential, especially if they fully leave Russia's orbit. They could be the next cultural capital like France in a few decades.

Because its like if Texas decided to become independent country

Because they have too much sweet land that doesn't belong to them. And to much people who don't want to be Ukrainians, but want to be Russians.

>They could be the next cultural capital like France in a few decades.

You're kidding, right?

I don't think that any nation "hates" them, aside from some Russians and Poles. Russians probably see them as some kind of rebelled colony and Poles mostly despise them after so-called Volhynian Massacre.