/daily/ - Ancap Edition

It's the beginning of capitalism season!

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>come here to make charts no one but you will ever look at

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>come here for even worse circlejerking

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>come here for nothing since no one uses this anymore

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>come here for op pics, charts, listenalongs, misc. stuff

discord.gg/s5Rv7zJ
>come here for even worse circlejerking and to rate dicks

The Skype group violated NAP.

Most importantly, don't let your child slaves escape the mines!

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/~_natkingcole_
youtube.com/watch?v=t5ZGAeoEng8
youtube.com/watch?v=-mchhPf81iw
youtube.com/watch?v=lEYy8B8Xf-o
youtube.com/watch?v=Z6WWUcPGpRw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fuck off avant

You said ancap.

Hi I am here

third for memes
this is oc I made while doing a tim allen marathon with friends

geddoud of here with these /his/lit/pol/ memes

John Coltrane - Crescent (April 27, 1964 - June 1, 1964)

Very full and imagined feeling in execution, albeit with a few kinks left in the design phase. Coltrane is treading new water on this album; while still operating in the bop stratum, glimpses of avantgarde and spiritual directions frequently reveal themselves. The instrumentation, particularly the rhythm section, feel more loose and free than previous recordings with this quartet. Artists have a little more reign to explore individual ideas, particularly Tyner, who battles with Coltrane for the focal point throughout the album. Jones’ drumming is both exciting and complimentary to the set, a welcome upgrade in individuality from ‘Coltrane’ and ‘Ballads’, which rang a little more traditional and mechanical.

The compositions and structure leave a little to be desired. Much like his eponymous 1962 album, the opposing styles clash more than compliment, leaving the album with disjointed, ununified feeling. If the target was a melting pot of ideas, in practice it more closely resembles a salad. Fortunately, while every bite has distinct layers of flavour, it’s still a good salad.

While an obvious developmental step forward, it remains limited in it’s insistence on modal structure and strong blues roots. His foray into a more free and expressive direction is a slow climb of rejecting preconceived notions while still creating a tangible product. While tangible, this specific snapshot in time of a continually morphing artistic direction fails to allow enough personality and emotion to permeate through to the listener for it to be truly great.

6.5 /10

(why do I always post these right before a thread reaches the bump limit)

Montie how are you so retarded that you couldn't tell my rym rating scale was a joke?

MONTIE HAS RETURNED TO Sup Forums IT IS A GLORIOUS DAY

why are you full-blown ancap now tho. you were fine as a classical liberal

damn alright can I go with Lenny Valentino - Uwaga! Jedzie Tramwaj instead?

Montie never left tho
He just /daily/s less and breadsticks the rest of the time

review my profile

Jesus, I can't even shitpost in the right thread

Yup, no problem!

I am a classical liberal. Its a joke that people call me ancap at my college because I told people that I think anarchy is better than an oppressive government

LInk

tupac thread fast thread just like tupac rap fast rap

Don't let it die, fuck-o's.

What to do if I'm a green anarchist in the same vein as Ted Kaczynski?

>"Anarcho"-capitalism
kek

jej

rateyourmusic.com/~_natkingcole_

>"""""anarcho"""""-capitalism

Free market will ___ it.

I just shoved a sharpie down my ass and it was fucking painful, I thought anal was supposed to be fun

excuse me is this the /daily/ thred?

No.

No sorry, here's what you're looking for

isn't all music just kpop in the end tho

music -> sucks
kpop -> sucks
music -> kpop

confirmed haha

What thinge is that?

inside is yellow :)

What even is the point of lastfm threads

What even is the point of /daily/ threads

awful

I-it's not oppression when it's done by companies!!

cuck?

ruin

some things simply shouldn't be dependent on the profit motive, like healthcare

>in the same vein as Ted Kaczynski?
get off the internet

youtube.com/watch?v=t5ZGAeoEng8

i didn't know a song can be this impressive.

Taking a break. I can't handle A Love Supreme being called a 6/10

think again

Relistening to pic related. Pretty massive undertaking what he did. Got me thinking--what's the most the most alien-sounding music in your opinion?

youtube.com/watch?v=-mchhPf81iw

pic related is pretty up there

youtube.com/watch?v=lEYy8B8Xf-o

Nice, I'm going to listen to this next and then ascend

>Jandek - Austin Sunday

Rep gets bored of Youngs and Nielsen. Decides to invite 2 drummers (lecavemanface.jpeg) and a different bassist to the gig.

The guitar doesn’t have the cutting tone from the first show and is more murky. He does bring out cool episodes out of it (stumble-like stab grooves on “Wine You Devil” and occasions where he sets the rhythm of the piece are my favorite). The guitar in general reminds me more of how he handled the bass on several albums. Just seems heavier on the lower note plucks.

The howling is closer to the first “I Threw You Away” era records and just sounds like spoken word full of pain. Incidentally, the opening track is titled “Throw Me Away” and begins a set of self-critical reflection pieces from Mr. Smith in the classic Jandek repertoire.

The key "battle" on here is between the two drummers though. They do their best not to go into a free improv frenzy but rather try to play extremely sparse solos. On my first listen I honestly didn’t even notice that there are two drummers playing but thought it was just one really good jazz drummer. Upon the second listen it was much more interesting to see that two drummers were able to achieve a sort of an equilibrium of rhythmical support for the rep.

I’d say that the venture with the new crew was a success. I liked it, but could have profited from the Rep himself doing something out of the ordinary.

7+/10

Hey /daily/, week was long and tiring but there was some new music, so that's pretty cool.

>Burial - Young Death / Nightmarket

Honestly? This was extremely underwhelming.

Yes I understand he is going for a more ambient approach. The problem is he is using the same exact synth preset he had on Rival Dealer and the trick where he "communicates" using sampled voices is overdone to the point of being unbearable on here. Both of the tracks just seem to be completely empty and feel like some WIP material. Very mediocre, especially after Rival Dealer that I loved.

5-/10

>The Rolling Stones - Blue and Lonesome

Love it. I love when Stones get bluesy and that is basically all they do on this record. Couple of moments where Richards' bends were a bit clumsy here and there but the biggest (and probably the only major) offender on this record is how badly the piano is mixed within the recording. If you take this and put it next to the Billy Preston era recordings, you'll understand what I mean.

Otherwise I love this. Gonna be listening to this more this week.

8/10

Morning /daily/!

Cluster II

>le critically acclaimed album is infallible

>circumstantial, yr honor

That's the score natkingcole, Darklands, Rudi and jimmy jazz gave it.

Does anyone have the new Haino record yet?

>Not having every Haino album pre-ordered months in advance

Did someone in Russia kill and replace the real Dogwander?

I have it pre-ordered but it gets delivered home and I'm never home.

Thinking Fellers Union Local 282 - Strangers From The Universe

This band executes a set of sounds that sound manic at some points and slick and psychedelic at others. Guitar riffs can be harsh and abrupt in many moments but become smooth very quickly. The shorter tracks appear as amalgamations of improv, ambience, and field recording. All of this comes together in a very entertaining album from start to finish.

The vocals explore a wide range of styles, and it reminds me a bit of Ween, just not to that level of exploration. Along with the experimentation in guitar performance, the vocals make every song feel very fresh. I wasn't sure what to expect going into this album, and that feeling never let up. The opener sound like a irreverent Talking Heads, while some of my favorite tracks like Guillotine and Cup of Dreams contain tinges of post-rock. The band retains this element of surprise while maintaining cohesion as well, something that many similar eclectic bands fail to do.

I will say that I did not enjoy a few tracks on here. I found February to pretty irritating, and Socket and The Piston and the Shaft to a be a bit overlong. But as the whole, the album uses it's time incredibly well and never fails to make the listener think about the array of sounds the band throws together. I adore My Pal The Tortoise, Guillotine, Cup of Dreams, and Noble Experiment. Very, very nice album.

GOOD. (almost incredible if it weren't for a few annoying moments.)

what even is the point

>an-cap music
so basically music that makes stupid people feel smart?

>Zeal and Ardor - Devil Is Fine
Black metal. Heh. Get it? Spirituals and metal fusion. It works. The metal isn't quite as brvtal as I'd prefer, and it feels a bit like a jumbled mess of good ideas. However, it definitely earns points for unique style and mood. Interesting stuff. If this group refined their sound and songwriting, it could be phenomenal. Also, random trap beat interludes. That was an odd choice. 6/10.

Doing 2016 albums all month so I can fill out a good selection for AOTY. Gimme stuff to listen to.

I keep trying to get people to listen to Steve Gunn - Eyes on the Line. Assuming you already knew the bigger ones/Oranssi Pazuzu

Anybody got any recs for something similar to A Cross The Universe?

Something electronic, heavy, oppressive and loud. Doesn't have to be live.

>Assuming you already knew the bigger ones/Oranssi Pazuzu
Correct.

Added Steve.

Guys I'm actually digging this new Gambino project

y tho...

I heard it was heavily influenced by Funkadelic so I figured I'd give it a listen. I'm a huge sucker for funk and I don't have to listen to him rap so it's a win-win in my book

HI TORTS i'm happy to see you doing a calendar!
2016 stuff:
minta & the brook trout- slow
lets eat grandma- i, gemini
chance the rapper- coloring book
chippendale, pupillo, gustafson- melt

imagine being ancap LMAO

my december is off to a good start

beach house was solid, but the only song that really got my attention was Walk in the Park.

HEY TERMINUS
I LIKED HEAVEN AND LAS VEGAS
I hate how the opener is the best song, maybe that will change with more listens? heard it three times already though.
anyway, it's great, and cherry colored funk is absolutely terrific.

John Coltrane - A Love Supreme (December 9, 1964)

In A Love Supreme, Coltrane’s quartet reconciles past ideas and notions and amalgamates all the best parts of his artistic development into one of the greatest statements in jazz history. Coltrane’s most unique and exciting pieces have always been longer suite style songs (à la Ole, Lush Life, India, Africa) allowing himself and the band to fully explore the songs to their maximum extent. In this album, time stands still; while effectively one 33 minute ever-changing song, sot a single second is squandered.

Far and away his most emotive release up to this point, Coltrane uses his saxophone as an extension of his soul. The compositions here are absolutely stunning and flow beautifully between ideas. Solos and artistic tangents are encouraged but never overstay their welcome. Musicians compliment each other phenominally, and never appear to veer off course despite a very loose, free, and sometimes chaotic landscape. Coltrane’s use of overblowing is ramped up to the extreme, invoking intense emotion and passion which is followed suit by the rest of the band

There is so much energy poured into this album that it’s hard not to get emotional listening to it. Coltrane bundles up the human experience, transcends it into a musical statement and delivers it straight to God.

9.5 /10

jk it's a 6

if you give Ascension a good score you have bad taste btw

you guys should try listening to more experimental electronic music

We're cucked

Nat has a dumb rating system, darklands hates jazz, rudi has shit taste unless it comes to classical music, and Jimmy jazz is a meme

but that entire genre sucks tho :0

:0

wow wtf, since when r u a good boy

>liking thing

>listening to good music

jangle wtf (what the flip)

youtube.com/watch?v=Z6WWUcPGpRw

I hope someone vomits eggnog in your dorm & a qt says 'what the flip is this' and leaves when you play her Fishmans. (nice dubs tho)

what is this meme i'm unaware of

There isn't a meme I don't know

I just made up a meme in my head and I'll never tell you what do you think about that?

GET

IN

THE

PLUG

DUMMIES

Been listening to a lot of Black Metal, now I'm looking for stuff in other metal genres. Shoot me recs.

Viking Metal

u heard murmuure boy-o?

where'd u get that pic of hampus

yes
really dig bathory, anything similar?
aye

Clear choice. Udo can wail.

hmm

nice cover
hmmmmmmmm

Nice chart! Cosmic Surgery and Nowhere are really great.

Also, selfish of you to keep that meme to yourself. Get that out into the world!