Can someone please explain to me why the whole world thinks pokemon go is the best thing ever?

Can someone please explain to me why the whole world thinks pokemon go is the best thing ever?

Don't get me wrong. I love pokemon. I grew up in the 90s and I've played and loved nearly every single game.

But let me be the first to say - because honestly I think I'm the only one who fucking understands this;

The game SUCKS. - Why you ask?
You literally do NOTHING. It's completely and utterly pointless. You walk around, yes, and you find pokemon, yes this is fine. But the pokemon do NOTHING. They literally just fucking sit there and jump up and down like a kid in a candy shop while you chuck endless amounts of pokeballs at them until you finally capture them. They fucking do nothing. You don't send out a pokemon of your own to battle them, you don't even get to weaken them, they don't even use any fucking moves. They do nothing but stand there.

Pointless.

Then, once you capture them, they do even more of absolutely nothing. You can't battle except for "gyms" which make absolutely no sense whatsoever. The fuck?

If you want to argue that the gyms concept is decent I would accept that. It's not the best of battling systems but at least it's there. But I can't get over how everyone is giving this game so much hype and nobody realizes that you actually just chuck pokeballs at pokemon that fucking do nothing? are you people stupid?

And now we've got all these faggots walking around with their phones out (as if they didn't already do this 24/7) fucking walking into stores and random shops that they'd otherwise never visit in their ordinary fat ass life just to walk in and "restock" supplies.

When this game has the following:
1: Pokemon that you can actually battle and weaken on encounter prior to capturing

2: A real battle system. Gyms are stupid and make no sense. Why do you train at a gym? gyms are for gym leaders not training. Let's go battle other pokemon in the encounters for XP and not for capture just like always.

Then it will be a fucking game.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-vF-VkaEy5k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I didn't read past the first few lines, but I can safely argue the reason you don't like it is because you have different tastes in entertainment.

nobody thinks it's the best thing in the world

a lot of people like it though

it's really easy to understand and doesn't require commitment to enjoy

in other words, it's not some faggot retard game like LoL or Dota. it's for people who play video games for fun, instead of for people who play video games to be competitive faggots who get angry/upset over win/loss ratio

Actually, if you did read past the first few lines you'd realize that you're completely wrong, and my main argument is that the pokemon you encounter do nothing but smile and wave. How is that entertainment? that's lack of fucking content you dunce.

they are adding leaderboards

Because you gotta catch them all
>not knowing how to link posts
So is this your first shitpost/troll attempt?

doesnt matter

its a game that you dont have to commit to to enjoy. i can pick it up when im walking to the grocery store or riding my bike to the park. its just something that can be picked up or put down without commitment

Sounds like someone has parental issues. You need to have something that your baby teeth can bite on without actually having to chew?

That's such a stupid argument for lack of content in a game.

You can pick up and put down your fucking phone as much as you want, adding the ability to actually battle things you encounter does not take commitment.

SPAZ.

It's a fucking trend you retard.

A HUUR DUUR WHY DO PEOPLE WANT PET ROCKS DEY JUST ROX

I thought it was like the old Pokemon games but for real life. I didn't know you can just easily catch them. This does sound like bullshit.

But the only thing that really bothers me is the people who never played Pokemon or never really even cared for it before, is all over this game. But everybody will move on to whatever trend pops up next week, so who really gives a shit

Many people don't walk (or get outside) enough, and Poke Go has given them an excuse to leave their Fortress of Masturbation and brave the sunshine.

It's something that's not just simple and social, but it gets people outside. It's practically what the original creator of Pokemon wanted in the first place; the game encourages you to get outside and share Pokemon experiences with others.

Best thing ever? Nah. It works for what it aimed to do, though, and people are enjoying it. That's what makes it so great.

what a retard

normal people, not basement dwelling faggots like you, enjoy casual entertainment. pokemon go is that. kys

Yes the catching is easier and doesnt require battling, but sometimes they will break out and bolt on you. Also, who cares if normies are getting into it?
might be more your speed

It's not great though. We're missing the main point of argument here - lack of content. I get it. It's fun and cutesy and oh my gosh it's new and pokemon are appearing before you in every day life as never before. But they failed on user interaction with NPC and for that reason alone the game is a flop.

Your fellow robots miss you

>learn to link
Quit trolling

CASUAL ENTERTAINMENT CAN EXIST WITHOUT HAVING AN NPC STAND THERE WHILE YOU HIT IT ON THE HEAD WITH A FUCKING BALL WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING YOU STUPID RETARD FUCK.

WOULD THE GAME NOT BE BETTER WITH ACTUAL POKEMON BATTLES TAKING PLACE ON ENCOUNTERS?

WOULD IT NOT?

IF YOU SAY NO YOU'RE THE FUCKING RETARD. KYS.

The only thing that bothers me, personally, about normies liking the game is that I remember all the time when people I knew were like: "I hate pokemon, pokemon is for fags" are now getting into it. Don't get me wrong, if they're finding enjoyment in it, good for them, but it almost feels as if they're just playing it to be popular.

It's nothing like the actual games. You walk around with your screen on, burning battery, until you get a notification that there is a pidgey next to you. Then you play paper toss. The combat system is garbage. It's basically just a really shitty reskin of Ingress that works half as well and drains 20x the battery. I Uninstalled after a few days.

>inb4 fans that out fag undertale fans

>its a game that you dont have to commit to to enjoy. i can pick it up when im walking to the grocery store or riding my bike to the park. its just something that can be picked up or put down without commitment

EXACTLY, idiot. That's the entire fucking point.

all the pokemon are a few inches tall too

>trololololololol

I guess the people who made Pokemon go weren't born in our era.

I totally agree with the op here. There should be battles quest, legendary pokemon in certain places and so on. Simply collecting them is not enough.. There could be something like a pokemon tekken battle system just way more simpler because of controls and so on.

>LoL or Dota
Are you retarded, of course it shouldn't be like those games. It should be like pokemon

>doesnt realize people change
Just because chad gave you wedgies in 6th grade for liking pokemon, doesnt mean chad cant like it now genuinely. It seems like you kinda have a victim complex about this man. You hold onto pokemon because it gave you comfort from the popular kids, but now the popular kids like and you feel like your sanctuary has been violated.

This guy pretty much sums up the "normie" thing: And idk what r9k is.

Yeah, so far the only counterargument I'm seeing to my points are that it's "zero commitment"

Zero commitment doesn't make a good game. And it's honestly not that much of a commitment to battle things upon encounter. If you don't have the time to spend 30 seconds weakening something before throwing a ball on it's head, then put your phone down. It's not going anywhere. This argument is like saying you don't have enough time to breathe air. Faggots.

I can tell from your reasonable and measured response that you must be new here.

Sup Forums is a place for pillow-humping autistic NEETs to gather and collectively shit on everything that obtains mainstream popularity. This hated goes double for something like Pokémon, with its Japanese background, as it was once the domain of friendless spergs like OP, who are now resentful their once-niche passion is more accessible.

fAck OfF

>free smartphone app

Nah man, I totally got what you're saying. I'm completely open to change, hence:

>Don't get me wrong, if they're finding enjoyment in it, good for them.

I'm glad that more people are able to see what I personally enjoyed for the past several years, and if they changed (in which I believe they did, like you said), then that's a great thing.

>implying MOBAs can't be fun
Least it's better than being a casual who can find fun in being told "you win" without putting in effort. Go get more participation trophies.

Click on the link
Enjoy your new board, youre welcome. I cant stand but i think youll like it

Not that dude, but mobas are gay as fuck.

Than why bring up what you did originally?

i definately agree pokemon you encounter should need to be weakened with Pokemon you are carrying

gyms and battle functions in a pretty interesting way that i kinda like tbh

bear in mind it hasn't even been fully released yet

>hasnt been fully released
Yes it has

Just reminds me of when people used to be dicks about liking Pokemon. Nothing against them, now.

>>inb4 fans that out fag undertale fans
I'm not even sure what you're trying to say.

>frog am cheeto but bus was though

And again this makes it seem like, despite your cool guy "all good bruh" attitude, that you still feel these people are violating this inner sanctum that you hold with this game.

It's because it's the closest thing we have ever gotten to living out a real life video game fantasy

Drunk pokebattels! that's why this game is so fun. I like to walk around and RP as a poke master.

youtube.com/watch?v=-vF-VkaEy5k

Better than Be a Guy Who Shoots Things 538: Ghosts Civil War Battleground

That pokemon go fans are more militantly homosexual about their devotion to the game than the undertale fans? It's not that complicated.
Shhh the "partial release" myth is keeping them from an heroing.

Oh, the Madden FPS shit is gay too

good work ol' chap

I've been seeing these Pokego threads and was wondering what the game was about.

A Pokemon game with no battles? lol. The only way something like that can work is implementing a system like Pokemon Snap. Make it a challenge to catch these things. Also, if legendaries aren't implemented, it's even more laughable.

I respect the effort, and it's a novel concept, but from what I'm seeing, there's nothing there.. What, exactly, is the "game"?

fuck you you idiot.
it's a fun game.
i don't give people shit for posting taylor swift or cuck threads.
it's a little app i can play during my daily routine outside during a wait somewhere.
i don't care for the hype, they can suck my dick.

The "game" is paper toss. Other than that, it's a really inaccurate pedometer that only works with your screen on.

no it hsant

Keep believing, cuckster. They're implementing Dawn, May, and Misty that will be your girlfriend and you can kiss them.

hit the nail on the head there user

Oh well. Maybe I need to reconsider how I feel about people playing Pokemon GO. I'm having fun, at least.

And now, for the next couple weeks at least, we will have to tolerate these degenerates making constant threads about this shit.

Fits right in with "post or your mother will die in your sleep" threads.

I don't know why I keep coming here, this place is getting worse by the day.

because being into Pokemon is the hipster/cool thing to do, user. Why else?

no seriously its still only available in Canada USA and Australia i think the only reason people are playing it in the uk is because the apk was leaked and its auto generating shit based on google maps info

its also worth noting its version 0.29.0 so its not even out of beta yet

Most people replying here are trolls. But there is some truth here and there in the posts I hovered.

Basically: it's popular for non-gamer people.
And those people are the vast majority, that's why you feel it is extremely popular
You should accept that not all people care about gameplay (I do though, you too most likely), just having pictures show up on their phone is good enough for most. Looking at the popularity of phone games in general compared to their actual content/quality further confirms that.

I used to be slightly upset about that, but in the end it doesn't really matter, and it applies to things aside from games. Some people don't like wine, so you shouldn't bother buying them good wine, just give them cheap beer if they like it.

No, fuck YOU. Idiot.
It's not a fun game because it isn't even a game. You find so much amusement in swiping your finger to throw endless amounts of pokeballs at a pokemon that does literally nothing?

kill yourself mindless inbred faggot.

>Pointless.
Like everything else in life?

Pokémon Go inspired me to emulate the latest Pokémon game I could emulate, and it turns out that's one of the 3D Pokémons that look like aliased shit. I vomited all over my keyboard at the shitty graphics and when I got done spewing I knew I'd have to go back to the GBA games to get a halfway decent Pokéxperience. Nice work Nintendo! I'll be sure to buy your next shitty console, maybe I'll have three screens to look at this time

Dude it is out of beta, but only available in select countries for now
See the release date?

It's a game for dumb-dumbs with a low attention span. And we clearly have plenty here.

I see. So, the challenges of the game are walking and swiping your phone?

My god, I assume it's free to play.

Lots of potential with the idea, too, so it's supremely disappointing to see this sort of basic pandering to zero-effort positive reinforcement trendy "games" that are all over mobile.

>expecting more from a free smartphone app
Yeah man! And why did i spend money on the newesr game for console and pc, it cant even finger my ass and lick my dick! Why did i even purchase it!

The original launch was set for November of this year, but that doesn't change the fact that they knowingly dropped a steaming shit on their fan base

It's literally an Ingress clone with Pokemon slapped on it.

I do not know what's more annoying. All the pokefags that run around or the basement neckbeards that bitch about the game.

That's pretty much the whole game. Microtransactions out the ass. I played for one whole day.

>ITT: people with no friends shit on a game that becomes 100x better when you hang with your buds

kek, sounds like a poorfag couldn't spring for the Collector's Edition with special ass-fingering, dick-licking peripherals.

It's better than every mobile game out their at the moment.

>My god, I assume it's free to play.

Literally found out that this piece of shit exists like an hour ago, but I'm willing to bet it has premium features. And retards will gobble that shit up.

You don't really need to pay any of the microtransactions if you have good aim on your Pokeballs, and go to a ton of Pokestops.

I would understand this more if you lived in the middle of nowhere, but you can drive to any mall or store shopping center and find like a billion Pokestops everywhere.

>summoners war

Yeah, no.

I also enjoy walking and swiping my phone with my buds. We are truly party animals. Watch out, world!

>being this mad over a phone game

Bruv you need to relax it's just a game

Also the ability to battle and everything else will be added as it goes on.

>doesn't know how version numbering works
>doesn't know that a rolling release doesn't constitute a full release of a game and why it is used

>being this much of an idiot

okay sure user sure

The calculator is a better game than this.

That doesn't mean very much.

G8 b8 m8

>people who don't play pokemon are playing this game
>this effects me in some way and that makes me mad.

Pokemon Go is basically Ingress with a pokemon skin and what appears to be slightly more mechanics. Ingress was even less of a game. but people played the shit out of that

I know the secret code to make it spell out BOOBIES! :D

Bro THEY ARE GOING TO ADD POKEMON BATTLES THE GAME IS NOT FINISHED YET.

Boy you're retarded.

>unironicly saying normie

fucking sauce on that image

>party animals
Good job missing the point. I spent the weekend walking around getting some sun and exercising meeting new people and making existing relationships stronger. Im sorry you dont have friends to just hangout with.

it could've been done better yes hopefully between now and November they will make frankly critical changes such as having to weaken wilds before you can capture them

honestly there is ALOT they not only should add but NEED to add before its fully functional and whats more worrying is that i've got 100/151 pokemon and i've only been doing it for 2-3 days im sure there are others that have even more and if they make these changes will they just reset everyone

It was made by the same people who make the other pokemon games, a number of which have been there since the 90s when the first pokemon games came out.

Show me proof it is still in beta.
>implying numbering means shit

This. Sometimes when I'm walking I like to just enjoy the scenery and listen to some chill tunes. I live right by a river so it's nice to just walk down and look at and see everything around it. I could walk for miles. But if I keep pokemon go on, I can't walk for miles because one hour out my battery will be nearly dead and I'll have to turn off my music. But that's counter productive because most of my walking done in this ideal situation and walking is what I have to do to hatch these goddamn eggs

I know most Sup Forumstards won't understand this concept but it gets you out and gets you socializing. Stops are usually frequent in more populated areas like downtown areas and shopping districts.

Since almost everyone plays this it's an automatic common ground to start from. I went out with some friends one night and found another group all on the same team as is and we all hung out for, I dunno, 2 hours? Just talking and working together to catch Pokémon.

That kind of outgoing socializing is literally non existent in today's times. So yeah people are looking at their phones but they're also talking to new people who they would never have any reason to talk to otherwise all because of this game.

If battles are added, the game honestly becomes a lot better.

Ah, but if this game is geared to "normies", it's very possible battles would be neutered, too.

No it hasn't

Not only has it only been released in 3 countries it still has a number of fetures not yet added.

How is being launched in only 3 countries "fully released"?

if you're this fucking stupid nothing i can do will fix that

the game is less about catching pokemon. the pokemon are a tool. the main game is to find "gyms" to control for your faction. you use your pokemon to defeat a gym's pokemon and evict them out of the gym to claim it for your faction and you station your pokemon there to defend it. This game is literally a virtual gang turf war.

What is an update? What is licensing issues?