I know I'm late to the party, but I just finished True Detective S1 and I thought it was really great

I know I'm late to the party, but I just finished True Detective S1 and I thought it was really great.
As far as I noticed the general reactions were also very positive?

So what about Season 2. Are there any references to the first one, or is it completely independent?
I already watched the first episode and it didn't catch me that much. Felt like too much forced drama.
Can I expect the same level of quality as the first season, or should I already lower my expectations?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k_AyMkoyiFM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Simply do not watch S2.

cary fukinagwa is the missing link, this is why s2 is meh

fucking pizzalotto

Will there be a season 3

Watch this scene and prepare to be amazed.

youtube.com/watch?v=k_AyMkoyiFM

>Can I expect the same level of quality as the first season, or should I already lower my expectations?
Don't watch it

The biggest pay off of season 2 is the last episode and seeing Vince vaughns character reach his arc.

> good luck on literally being rust for two weeks

S1 8.5/10
S2 6/10

give s2 a shot, its only 8 episodes and colin farrell is great in it.

go into S2 with no expectations of it being anywhere near as good as S1 and you'll find it's still better than most shows currently airing

no connections to S1 really

Is it seriously that bad that it's not watchable at all, or is just bad compared to the first season?

The ratings don't seem that low:
~8,5 on IMDB
65% on RT... that's low but not complete shit-tier

Then again, who trusts this sites anymore?

It's not bad at all, it's just completely different from season 1 and not as good so plebs lost their shit over it

Watch it you fuck. Make up your mind like a man. You are flopping around like a molested fish with autism.

damn.......

>You are flopping around like a molested fish with autism.

top bants

>You are flopping around like a molested fish with autism.

Muh sides. Thanks for the laff user.

Watch it but don't have high expectations. It was decent but not as good as S1.

So are anthology series on the rise?
With the success of Fargo and True Detective we may see more of them in the future?

I wouldn't mind having a contrast to series with 5 seasons of dense plot, where I have to remember everything from to first season for several years, or I'd miss something. Or where a character takes two season to become relevant again, when I have no idea who that is anymore (cough, GoT, cough)

Direction doesn't account for the case being totally uninteresting and is having no emotional investment or tension until the ass end of the season.

It's pretty fucking poor in comparison to S1, user.

I enjoyed it a bit at first but the reason I kept watching was mainly for the unintentional comedy. Vince Vaughn's dialogue alone is worth giving it a once over. I'll probably never watch again though.

S2 is good and worth watching.

It's just not close to be as good as S1.