youtube.com/watch?v=0RMoH55T-oI
youtu.be/pIWh28WPyxQ?t=121
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pineapple Express, 2009.

What we do in the shadows, 2014

upvoted

Ace Ventura

Letterkenny, 2016.

The DUDE WEED LMAO movie from xmas, The Night Before or something like that which came out in 2015.

Spy was funny but it is the type of comedy you can watch in mixed company not the type of comedy you'd actually watch if you had choices.

DUDE WHERES MY CAR LMFAO

I want to pump her tight black pussy full of my slavic seed.

I'd dilute my white heritage in her if you catch my drift

Not even playing

22 Jump Street

Oh nice a Skin Diamond thread

These.

Don't honestly think I've seen a great comedy since Clerks 2.

I thought Anchorman 2 was pretty funny.

There have been some that have been solid 6s, but the last truly 10/10 classic comedy was Walk hard.

BvS

Nigga I thought the same damn thing

Trainwreck and Sisters

who

Trainwreck was massive disappointment to me. Haven't seen Sisters yet.

Hot Fuzz 2007

I was just thinking about this. Hasn't been a good comedy in fucking ages. It's either kikeshit or femshit or LOLDUDEWEEDshit.

I forgot nigshit.

see

None of those are inherently bad though.

They're pretty bad mate

spy

Yeah most of them are, but I don't think a comedy starring women is instantly bad.

Grimsby was cute.

Sisters was alright.

MASSIVE
ARSE
MAN

>last good comedy

Superbad.

And before that I'd say 40 Year Old Virgin and Wedding Crashers. Wedding Crashers is fucking hilarious.

Literally just here for the Candice dump

Tropic Thunder

Comedy movies are always horrible.

>Americans are incapable of appreciating British comedies the thread

Neighbors or 22 Jump Street, whichever was released later I guess.

You givin' me batty chirps bro? You callin' me a whammer?

hail caesar was ok

this was horrible

shit taste

Don't fret. The best comedy of the decade is nearly here.

everyone involved in making it thinks it was bad. years before, ianucci said it wouldnt work as a film.

This.

If too many of the jokes are centered around "lol us women right" then it is just like bro/stoner comedies. Ghostbusters reboot is pointless shoehorning, it's bad enough they thought they could reboot without murray as a lead, but to try and shoehorn in an all female cast is idiotic.

Everybody is like "it's just a meme to say there aren't that many good female comedians" but it's not because there aren't that many good comedians period. Divide the number of good comedians in half, then divide that number again to factor out who can actually act and take direction (hannibal buress is good, but can't really be in any movies or tv outside of his stand up character). This is why forcing a cast to be all female or all male is automatically make the job of being funny more challenging.

>people bitch about shitty lelsorandumbXD comedies
>the same people unironically like macgruber

Faggots.

HONESTLY

Batman v Superman was pretty hilarious

Time Traveling Bong was really, really funny but it was only 3 episodes.

There has never been a movie which can be classified purely as comedy which has been funny, ever.

All the posts so far are proof of this

Observe and Report

Black Dynamite

Everybody Wants Some just came out

airplane

NO

what the heck

>good luck we're all counting on you
Is this a reoccurring joke?
I remember Leslie Nielsen saying it again somewhere else other than airplane but can't remember where

no idea

actually yea it is
youtube.com/watch?v=0RMoH55T-oI

This

we dont do that here

Found it
youtu.be/pIWh28WPyxQ?t=121

uhh

Only ones that I can watch again (from the past 10 years or so) are Borat and Step Brothers.

Réalité

rip nielsen

imdb say's it's a reference joke

But there were a few times I couldn't help but laugh

Of course is a reference joke, i remembered he did one but couldn't remember in what movie.

You bring up a good point which is that humor (aside from slapstick, which is universally understood) is largely subject to the culture that produces it. This is why comedies are really difficult to green light unless they already have big names attached to star. Because all the pop culture references and stuff get lost in translation. The Chinese hated Guardians of the Galaxy for this reason

Would that it were so simple..

you should read some Barthes